Author Topic: That plane....  (Read 3314 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: That plane....
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2010, 10:35:42 AM »
This is correct. I should have said Spits period and not just Spit16's. The exception being the Spit1. The only thing difficult about the 5 is the limited ammo but that is such a common problem in so many other good planes it really doesn't count.  I'll withhold judgment on the 14 because I never fly it but it is purported to be difficult.
Spit14 I would say is more difficult then the Spit 8 and 9 but its still very easy to fly
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2010, 10:36:57 AM »
This is correct. I should have said Spits period and not just Spit16's. The exception being the Spit1. The only thing difficult about the 5 is the limited ammo but that is such a common problem in so many other good planes it really doesn't count.  I'll withhold judgment on the 14 because I never fly it but it is purported to be difficult.
I tried many times in the DA To learn the 14 and u can't fly it like anyother spit I guess, it's a very odd plane high speed stalls very common and poor highspeed controll
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2010, 10:39:20 AM »
from what I can tell, you need to fly th 14 like a 109, not like a traditional spit - and if you get it wrong at the top of a loop/vertical zoom, you will t sucked into a flat stall or a decentding prop powered stall that will take you streight to terra firma.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »
from what I can tell, you need to fly th 14 like a 109, not like a traditional spit - and if you get it wrong at the top of a loop/vertical zoom, you will t sucked into a flat stall or a decentding prop powered stall that will take you streight to terra firma.
Perfectly said
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2010, 11:09:35 AM »
An easy mode plane is one that a given pilot has attained a certain level of mastery in.  Therefore, all planes at some point are easy mode... :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »
Spit 8 vs. anything in game with a propeller

Ki-84 vs 38 usually wins

Fm-2 vs anything with a propeller

F6 vs most

Nik vs bombers

My Favorites anyway

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2010, 11:34:45 AM »
Spit14 I would say is more difficult then the Spit 8 and 9 but its still very easy to fly
Every single airplane in this game is easy to fly.  What can be hard is to pull off certain maneuvers precisely enough to out maneuver your opponent, and the Spitfire XIV is significantly harder in that regard than, say, the Bf109K-4 or P-38L.  That isn't to say the Spitfire XIV doesn't have some large strengths (It murders P-51s), but it is not nearly as forgiving of hard aerobatics as the earlier Spitfires.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2010, 11:37:59 AM »
I don't hate any plane, my #1 rule is kill the plane that poses the greatest threat at that time or I kill the first plane I see on a team mates 6 first then I look for the next greatest threat.

+1

Of course, if there's a Brewster or Temp lurking nearby I may divert to make a pass at them.  :bolt:
See Rule #4

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2010, 12:01:48 PM »
Every single airplane in this game is easy to fly.  What can be hard is to pull off certain maneuvers precisely enough to out maneuver your opponent, and the Spitfire XIV is significantly harder in that regard than, say, the Bf109K-4 or P-38L.  That isn't to say the Spitfire XIV doesn't have some large strengths (It murders P-51s), but it is not nearly as forgiving of hard aerobatics as the earlier Spitfires.
I agree with the 38 being alot easier but K4 and any other tator plane are in their own league just because of that gun....you wont fly it the same.

An easy mode plane is one that a given pilot has attained a certain level of mastery in.  Therefore, all planes at some point are easy mode... :aok
My definition....same pilot in 2 planes(A8 vs Spit 16) Spit16 wins everytime. I think the spits will win almost everytime against most of the planes in the line up...only ones causing problems being the 51D, La7, N1k, Ki84, and F4U
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2010, 12:40:02 PM »
the plane I hate?     The one above me........
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2010, 01:00:12 PM »
My definition....same pilot in 2 planes(A8 vs Spit 16) Spit16 wins everytime. I think the spits will win almost everytime against most of the planes in the line up...only ones causing problems being the 51D, La7, N1k, Ki84, and F4U

Some planes are more capable than others but I think you get my point.  For instance you in a KI-84 is easy mode, Grizz or Kappa in a 262 is easy mode, CorkyJr or Delirium in 38's is easy mode, Krupinski in a K-4 is easy mode.  Bruv in any darn Spit is easy mode.  Cobia in an A-20 is easy mode.  Slapshot in an SBD is easy mode.  All of these examples are pilots that have mastered their favorites to the point of easy mode.  Nothing wrong with it, we all have our favorites.  It is not just the plane, and not necessarily just the pilot.  It's the pilots stick time in a particular plane that yields the easy mode.  No plane in this game grants you magic flying ability.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »
Some planes are more capable than others but I think you get my point.  For instance you in a KI-84 is easy mode, Grizz or Kappa in a 262 is easy mode, CorkyJr or Delirium in 38's is easy mode, Krupinski in a K-4 is easy mode.  Bruv in any darn Spit is easy mode.  Cobia in an A-20 is easy mode.  Slapshot in an SBD is easy mode.  All of these examples are pilots that have mastered their favorites to the point of easy mode.  Nothing wrong with it, we all have our favorites.  It is not just the plane, and not necessarily just the pilot.  It's the pilots stick time in a particular plane that yields the easy mode.  No plane in this game grants you magic flying ability.
Krup in a K4 dies to me in a KI84 everytime.....because the KI84 outclasses the K4 and one reason I hardly fly it anymore.

BTW Krup beats me same ride probably 7 out of 10 times....I just have better SA ;)
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2010, 02:42:29 PM »

That's it in a nut shell, I've watched Grizz and Corky, Krup, Kappa (died to his 262) lol my bad SA but that's another story,and many others to many to list and there all deadly in there chosen rides and a couple are deadly in whatever they fly, there just great sticks, fun to fly around or against, either way i have alot of fun in 38's, 47's A8's K4's, but none are easy mode for me yet i can hold my own and kill with them but no where near how others have mastered these planes, but now a C205, i seem to fly that plane really good  :joystick:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2010, 02:52:27 PM »
That's it in a nut shell, I've watched Grizz and Corky, Krup, Kappa (died to his 262) lol my bad SA but that's another story,and many others to many to list and there all deadly in there chosen rides and a couple are deadly in whatever they fly, there just great sticks, fun to fly around or against, either way i have alot of fun in 38's, 47's A8's K4's, but none are easy mode for me yet i can hold my own and kill with them but no where near how others have mastered these planes, but now a C205, i seem to fly that plane really good  :joystick:
NO NO NO NO!!!!!!
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2010, 04:10:07 PM »
How about the 14 then?
fly it like a 51 with a 109s torque... ive never had a problem controlling the sporkteen
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy