Author Topic: F3 Next tour  (Read 3386 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: F3 Next tour
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »
Nah, he always flew a dweebfire, always came in with a full squad protecting him, and always run in the spitV if he got below 10K
:rofl :rofl :rofl  :rofl :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 06:41:37 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 06:14:11 PM »
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 09:10:31 PM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 06:41:52 PM »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 08:11:23 PM »
post a video from all three modes out of the videos you might record?
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2010, 08:55:11 AM »
post a video from all three modes out of the videos you might record?

And a video of him recording or the recording did not happen  :old:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 09:21:08 AM »
Maybe because HT doesn't see this as a bug? ;)

It is just easier for them to apply the F3 view to a class of aircraft rather than looking at each plane individually, or modify the ability of the view commands to allow directional views only from the specific gunner position.

Regarding VIEWS.... tell me why the Il-2 and the Bf110 do not have the same external views??? 

Under the current parameters (F3, F5, F8 views for ALL bombers), I've always championed that the F3 view should only be applied to aircraft with level bombing capability (bomb sight) AND rear gunners.  IMO, under the current settings there are "bombers" that have F3 capability that deserve it no more than a fighter.  Some with say "but the Il-2 has poor views from inside the cockpit", which is true.  However, the reason for that is the extra protection the pilot has in armor.  There is a trade off.  One of the biggest hypocrisies of the game is the Mossi B Mk XVI and the Mossi FB MK VI.  Same exact views.  Same.  No argument.  Yet, one is afforded the F3 view and the other is not.  Why???  Because of an unrelated performance classification.

The Il-2, SBD, D3a, Stuka, and Mossi B Mk XVI all need to have the F3 capability removed, imo.  They do not need it and in fact the Il-2 gains a large advantage for having it.   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2010, 10:01:15 AM »
 You got it Smokinloon F-3 is a major advantage in the planes you listed as well as any fighter in the DA. F-3 is why the DA crowd can't duplicate their shooting skills in the MA and you rarely see them out of the DA for the same reason. Without F-3 mode the DA would be a ghost town.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2010, 10:32:37 AM »
I was just wondering R105, have you considered the possibility that there are other reasons why some players might tend to stay in the DA? Have you ever asked in there who is using F3 to fight and who isn't?
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2010, 11:19:03 AM »
 I can tell you most are using F-3 just by the fantastic deflection shoots made there and If you confront them about it they all plea innocence. Go to the DA and record a few fights and see for yourself. I call it the garden Hose effect.

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2010, 11:53:26 AM »
So why wouldn't the folks who game Attack mode just strap on some bombs and then dump them on the runway before rolling?  I'm not clear how your proposed solution solves anything.

Dead!

Get back in game bro   :D

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2010, 01:08:26 PM »
real simple, when flying in F3 mode and you squeeze the trigger it sends you back to the cockpit view, sorry Xbox crowd
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2010, 01:36:09 PM »
I was just wondering R105, have you considered the possibility that there are other reasons why some players might tend to stay in the DA? Have you ever asked in there who is using F3 to fight and who isn't?

you think they would admit if there were using it? no way to prove it in a Video, using F3 to fight is using a crutch, this aint Xbox
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2010, 01:38:07 PM »
you think they would admit if there were using it? no way to prove it in a Video, using F3 to fight is using a crutch, this aint Xbox

2 more days and I will begin to find out :aok

Not so sure "using a crutch" is the correct analogy, Anyone I've ever known with a crutch I could run faster than!  :bolt: :D

JUGgler
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 01:44:39 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2010, 04:25:28 PM »
2 more days and I will begin to find out :aok

Not so sure "using a crutch" is the correct analogy, Anyone I've ever known with a crutch I could run faster than!  :bolt: :D

JUGgler
And when you start using F3, they WILL run faster than you!! 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2010, 01:56:03 AM »
I can tell you most are using F-3 just by the fantastic deflection shoots made there and If you confront them about it they all plea innocence. Go to the DA and record a few fights and see for yourself. I call it the garden Hose effect.

IMHO, you're making a lot of fuss in the wrong area, if your fights are degrading to the point where your opponent has a tracking guns solution on you, you should probably resign yourself to a good pasting, see if you can pull off a reversal of fortune and consider what you might do next time to NOT get yourself into that position. Just re-up and try a different approach. Taking away the 'garden hose' function is not going to improve your ACM.

Under the nose tracking shots are still very possible without F3. If you slide your head to the extreme side, you only need a slight roll and a second or two to observe the flightpath before making a very good estimation of their position and the necessary tracking solution.

Respectfully, aren't you being a little paranoid? Why wouldn't they admit it if they never leave the DA and it is enabled there? Do you see my point? You are trying to paint the picture of the DA regulars as being there only so they can use F3 mode and they deny it to make themselves look good to the non DA regulars. That's really not the impression I get, I really don't think they care. To some people Aces High is a simulation and to some it is just a game.

Referring back to the question I posed to R105, a lot of my friends that stay in the DA play on computers that can't cope with the MA, others have very limited time and don't wish to waste it searching for a fight in the MA. Another group are avid F3 mode fliers, mostly ex H2H refugees who will freely admit to using it when asked. I don't consider any of those F3 players to have gunnery skills that exceed those who have mastered the aerial gunnery of Aces High. I'd rather be trying to evade or reverse one of them, than being under the guns of Bruv119, MtnMan or Grizz for example.
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0