Author Topic: sooo.......b29....  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
sooo.......b29....
« on: December 27, 2010, 06:05:20 PM »
..where is it? everyone was saying "2 weeks" but its been past 2 weeks, has it been delayed or something? im really wanted to fly it  :headscratch:  :airplane:

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: sooo.......b29....
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »
Pretty sure we'll get it. If I had to guess I'd say 2 weeks.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 06:27:33 PM »
Just two more weeks Tyrannis, two more weeks. Man I can't wait to fly her.  ;)
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:35:48 PM »
Tyrannis,

"Two weeks" is not a serious answer.  It has been a long standing response on this board to respond to inquiries about when such and such will be released/added with some form of "two weeks" (14 days, 336 hours, 20160 minutes, 1209600 seconds).  All it means is that it will be added some time in the future.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 06:45:28 PM »
Tyrannis,

"Two weeks" is not a serious answer.  It has been a long standing response on this board to respond to inquiries about when such and such will be released/added with some form of "two weeks" (14 days, 336 hours, 20160 minutes, 1209600 seconds).  All it means is that it will be added some time in the future.

Karnak pretty much sums it, two weeks is more or less a joke answer in the computer world for when something will be done.

Realistically speaking the B29 either hasn't started production or is in the early stages of design for the game. HTC never tells how long or when an update will be out until the day it happens, and given the complexity of the B29 it could be February or even April before we even see a hint of it. Basically when you start seeing screen shots appearing on the front page then you know it's getting close to release. 
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 06:49:21 PM »
If I remember right the last "official" word I remember reading on it is that it was to be added to the list of current projects. That was back when the polling took place so I imagine it may be closer to "Two months" than "two weeks". Then again, you might solicit a response to those in the know.... :x :salute

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 06:49:28 PM »

Karnak pretty much sums it, two weeks is more or less a joke answer in the computer world for when something will be done.

Realistically speaking the B29 either hasn't started production or is in the early stages of design for the game. HTC never tells how long or when an update will be out until the day it happens, and given the complexity of the B29 it could be February or even April before we even see a hint of it. Basically when you start seeing screen shots appearing on the front page then you know it's getting close to release. 

oh god please dont say till april. i shuddered when i read that  :uhoh  :frown:

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »
HTC never tells how long or when an update will be out until the day it happens... 
Not necessarily, whenever they are introducing a new ride (plane or GV), they always give a preview of the vehicle, plane, etc... However do not expect to see the B-29 in a patch. Normally something such as that may be involved in the next major update. Right now we are on the 2.22 version so I would guess that when we go to 2.23 or even 2.3 you will see it. Not saying it is that way every time, but seems to be the majority of the time.  :salute

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 07:21:08 PM »
The longer the better IMHO
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 07:32:21 PM »
The longer the better IMHO
just wait till its put in, the DA will never be the same once i start flying them there  :t

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 07:53:08 PM »
just wait till its put in, the DA will never be the same once i start flying them there  :t
What's the point of flying a bomber in the DA?
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 07:55:04 PM »
What's the point of flying a bomber in the DA?
The B-29 I wouldn't imagine that the B-29 would be out until 6-12 months after the poll ended. April at the soonest.

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 08:13:20 PM »
Tyrannis,

Not to be confused with "Two dollars.  I want my two dollars." :D   :bolt:
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 08:18:41 PM »
just wait till its put in, the DA will never be the same once i start flying them there  :t
U think spits are that difficult to beat? I take spits on all day in my a5 and k4 every spit16 pilot in the DA is as good as a 1month noob, go to te MA get skills and go to the DA and do work.

This is coming from an ex DA regular, take this advice and use it please 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:29:01 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »
U think spits are that difficult to beat? I take spits on all day in my a5 and k4 every spit16 pilot in the DA is as good as a 1month noob, go to te MA get skills and go to the DA and do work.
no, 1v1 with a spit or 2vs one isent that bad, but when it becomes 6-7 vs 1 then yes, thats bad, add in all those spits are HOing you or trying to pick, makes it worse and zaps the fun of Dsquealing.

my solution: up b17s and hunt down any spitdweeb that dares to come above 10k. its worked well for me in the past.