Author Topic: BF-209-II Request  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
BF-209-II Request
« on: December 29, 2010, 07:03:15 PM »
It might be fun to fly the BF-209-II.  It might need to be perked I don't know.

It was not in uber squadron strength but there are some other planes here that are in that zone. ;-)

She's a mighty fine plane that we should be able to experience one day I hope.  It seems to have originated from a non-military speed racer and does not really use the BF-109 as an earlier blueprint unlike the name suggests.

Certainly no lack of information on this plane:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_209-II
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_209
http://www.experiencefestival.com/messerschmitt_me_209-ii
http://www.vectorsite.net/avbf109_3.html
http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Messerschmitt_Me_209-II

Thanks for considering,

Slade  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: BF-209-II Request
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 07:06:18 PM »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 07:09:07 PM »
It was not in uber squadron strength but there are some other planes here that are in that zone. ;-)

Have you actually read the links you posted?

There is no plane in AH in that zone, for the 209-II wasn't just not in "uber squadron strength" - It did never see service at all.

More Info.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=763

First paragraph in that article: " The Messerschmitt Me 209-II was a proposed successor to the far-reaching Messerschmitt Bf 109 fighter."

And by the way: The picture in you first post isn't even showing a 209-II..
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:11:37 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 07:17:07 PM »
Have you actually read the links you posted?

Yes.

It did exist as you can see from the articles.  The 262 was the "proposed successor" to single engine fighter planes.  ;)  

And by the way: The picture in you first post isn't even showing a 209-II

The article lists it as the the speed racer variant.

Do you think it would be fun to fly?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:23:00 PM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 07:25:15 PM »
Yes.

It did exist as you can see from the articles.  The 262 was the proposed successor to single engine fighter planes too. ;-)

The 262 wasn't a proposed succesor - it wa one. It did see action. The Me 209-II had only a few prototypes, was never in serial production and did never see any action in WWII. Every plane in AH was.

The article lists it as the the speed racer variant.

If you had actually read the stuff you linked you would know that the "speed racer" variant was not the Me 209-II but an entirely different, unique plane, whereas the 209-II was a evolution of the 109G series.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 07:33:53 PM »
Lusche,

Thank you for correcting me.  There is no limit to the context that syntax can be used to make a point.

It seems though the precedence has already been set for having planes with low production runs.

the 209-II was a evolution of the 109G series.
The articles suggest it shared components of the 109g.  Who knows for sure?

1. It did exist.
2. It might be fun to fly.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:37:36 PM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 07:37:37 PM »
It seems though the precedence has already been set for having planes with low production runs.
A production run is not several prototypes built. A plane that had a small production run is still a plane that has been put into production. We don't have any planes that were never put into production. That's not semantics, it's a completely different ball game.

Further, the Me 209 and the Me 209-II are two completely separate, unrelated aircraft.

The articles suggest it shared components of the 109g.  Who knows for sure?
Anyone who looks at photographs of it. The Me 209-II was a Bf 109G with a chit-ton of modifications and a new engine (Jumo 213 series IIRC)

1. It did exist.
2. It might be fun to fly.
Same can be said for every other plane that ever existed. Doesn't mean it has a place in Aces High.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:40:50 PM by Motherland »

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 07:45:32 PM »
Rule #1... never doubt the snail ;)
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 07:47:49 PM »
Doesn't mean it has a place in Aces High.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Can you please direct me to the criteria or fact sheet AH keeps on posting planes in the Wishlist forums?

Please hear my intention.  Email\posts can be cold.  I am honestly asking for where the official listing of what the criteria are to post a plane for real consideration by AH.

Thanks.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 07:49:04 PM »
Rule #1... never doubt the snail ;)

Rule #2... better ignore rule #1  (Look up the most recent "favourite Spitfire" thread to see some major gastropodean embarrassment  :uhoh :bolt:)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 08:53:16 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out.  Can you please direct me to the criteria or fact sheet AH keeps on posting planes in the Wishlist forums?

Please hear my intention.  Email\posts can be cold.  I am honestly asking for where the official listing of what the criteria are to post a plane for real consideration by AH.

Thanks.  :salute

Don't know any official criteria other then it had to have seen actual WW2 service.  Luft 46 birds, one off prototypes etc don't fit the profile.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 12:18:01 AM »
This is absurd... THe Me209 was a propoganda stunt to try to steal the world speed records of the time. There was all of 1 or 2 made. They were unarmed. They were NOT combat aircraft. On top of that it was a major blunder because the performance was WORSE than actual combat aircraft!

Please, for the luvva Pete, do a little reading before you wish for a plane that never really existed.

EDIT: I noticed after the fact you're talking about a paper-design with a prototype that was promptly cancelled.

Try again. Sorry. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.00.

Do you have ANY idea how many 1-off prototypes never flew in the war? On ALL sides? There's more failed attempts than there were successes!

We have a precedent, as you state, but this does NOT meet the criteria.

Criteria are (in no particular order):
1) Production craft only (no test platforms or prototypes)
2) Must have served at least one unit in force
3) Must have seen combat.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 12:24:42 AM by Krusty »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 04:58:32 AM »
This is absurd... THe Me209 was a propoganda stunt to try to steal the world speed records of the time. There was all of 1 or 2 made. They were unarmed. They were NOT combat aircraft. On top of that it was a major blunder because the performance was WORSE than actual combat aircraft!

Please, for the luvva Pete, do a little reading before you wish for a plane that never really existed.

EDIT: I noticed after the fact you're talking about a paper-design with a prototype that was promptly cancelled.

Try again. Sorry. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.00.

Do you have ANY idea how many 1-off prototypes never flew in the war? On ALL sides? There's more failed attempts than there were successes!

We have a precedent, as you state, but this does NOT meet the criteria.

Criteria are (in no particular order):
1) Production craft only (no test platforms or prototypes)
2) Must have served at least one unit in force
3) Must have seen combat.

lanstukas never saw combat and yet we have them in aces high.  werbies and spit16 mostly saw combat on tv.  and the weird looking airplanes that came out of the con shooting lazers, I am almost positive those never saw combat in ww2 either.  and let's not forget the fat guy in the red suit on x-mas eve.

semp
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:05:11 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 07:18:36 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out.  Can you please direct me to the criteria or fact sheet AH keeps on posting planes in the Wishlist forums?

Please hear my intention.  Email\posts can be cold.  I am honestly asking for where the official listing of what the criteria are to post a plane for real consideration by AH.

Thanks.  :salute

This is unofficial but I believe it's accurate.

HTC models aircraft that saw action in WW2 in squadron strength.

To model an aircraft to their standards they need more than a picture and a list of basic performance statistics.

You can wish for whatever you like. Other people can post their opinions about your wish but their opinions don't change anything. It doesn't matter if everyone approves or disapproves of your wish. What matters is if HTC believes your wish would improve Aces High.

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 08:41:46 AM »
I say put it in the game anyway in training arena or offline practice.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"