Author Topic: Challenges to the DA..  (Read 5947 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Challenges to the DA..
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2010, 01:13:23 AM »
BS...you'd just open a shade and go in there and tear them up. 
this actually sounds entertaining :lol "WHO'S THAT?! #^#$^$^#^ augh he shot me down again... WHO IS HE?!" "ohh its just BAR321's shade in his 51B again" :D
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2010, 01:18:28 AM »
BS...you'd just open a shade and go in there and tear them up. 
Honestly? Not for me anymore. I have nothing to prove on a game. I just enjoy hanging out and joking with some bros now. Thats mainly why I log on. Talk a little smack, die again, rinse repeat. Its about fun now. Not who I can or cant "own". Those days are gone.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2010, 01:20:14 AM »
No, there's still folks stupid enough to get involved in a sophmoric "mine is bigger than yours" DA match.
It ends up that way if you want it to go that way.
There is a fine line when friendly competition turns into a personal vendetta. What makes this game "fun" is the same thing that potentialy smash your ego when your on the short end of the stick and some take that very personaly.

Im happy to say that a majority of players here are good sports. They know the limits and diffrence that they are sitting on their comfy computer chair playing a game and not real WW2 Pile-its. I met tons of great folks by swinging over for a 1vs1 in the DA. No egos, no smacktalk, just have fun.

Sadly, there are those who turn down a DA match because they dont want to shatter their egos. Accept the fact that were facing the xbox generation of gamers where everything is about putting you in the tower by all means neccesary
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2010, 01:21:26 AM »
You're part of my kill club phatzo. And you know I have "mad skills."
Actually I have a real memorable fight with you in Las, I was nearly out of fuel after about 10 mins of neither of us not getting a gun solution, but you got picked. I wonder who would of ran out of fuel first?
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2010, 01:34:59 AM »
Actually I have a real memorable fight with you in Las, I was nearly out of fuel after about 10 mins of neither of us not getting a gun solution, but you got picked. I wonder who would of ran out of fuel first?
Yeah I remember that one was a great fight. I would have never made it back either way if I recall.

Anyway there is a better club than a kill club it called "I have been called a hacker club." You're a member aren't you?

I have called people to the DA and lost and its just as fun if I call people to the DA and win. Its not a pissing match most the crap I talk on 200 is almost always tongue in cheek and I imagine many people do the same.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2010, 01:43:28 AM »
I think it depends on how much you fly, and how important the game is to you at the moment.   I think anyone who gets invested in the game goes through their I can take everyone any time any place phase.  At this stage of the game for me, bumping into someone in the MA and meeting up away from the fight is good enough.   

It's fun to watch the newest batch of uber sticks go through their take em all on phase.  More power to em for having the time and the energy for it :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2010, 01:44:47 AM »
I think it depends on how much you fly, and how important the game is to you at the moment.   I think anyone who gets invested in the game goes through their I can take everyone any time any place phase.  At this stage of the game for me, bumping into someone in the MA and meeting up away from the fight is good enough.   

It's fun to watch the newest batch of uber sticks go through their take em all on phase.  More power to em for having the time and the energy for it :)

Dan, we're just old now. Face it bro. We are flying perks for the other guys now.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2010, 01:45:45 AM »
Dan, we're just old now. Face it bro. We are flying perks for the other guys now.

With the way I was 'flying' tonight, you have no idea how much truth there is in that statement :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2010, 01:48:05 AM »
With the way I was 'flying' tonight, you have no idea how much truth there is in that statement :)
Me too lol. I hit a few trees, got shot a few times. Think i landed 2 times out of 30 sorties? It was fun. Its always nice to watch a guy land 5 kills and knowing you are 4 of them lol.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2010, 05:59:44 AM »
Me too lol. I hit a few trees, got shot a few times. Think i landed 2 times out of 30 sorties? It was fun. Its always nice to watch a guy land 5 kills and knowing you are 4 of them lol.

Noob.  :furious
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2010, 07:13:44 AM »
The whole DA challenge thing is so artificial and a waste of time.

Half, no 75%, of the MA/DA fight is the confusion and facing a non even set of circumstances and how you deal with them. The "we'll fly this at this alt and merge at this alt" is manure.

Sometimes the bug can crack the windscreen if the bug tries hard enough.

And the callouts smack of bad manners. You're as good as your last fight - get on with it. I don't have a lift on my credit card every 28 days for someone to tell me how good they are given an artificial set of events in an already artificial game. Or how my plane is too easy or how I'm a noob, retard or any other term of endearment.

Oh! and I hope the new year is kind to all - haven't we got a great game to play?
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2010, 07:21:39 AM »
I find that most DA challenges are from angry, clueless seals who are not worth the time it would take to club them, or egos trying to prove that they are the 'next big thing'.  It usually starts with someone who has been in the game longer than themselves, pulling off a move which they are incapable of understanding.  This ignorance leads to anger.  This anger leads to a DA challenge.

My personal view is that I couldn't really care less who would win a duel between myself and whomever, I would much rather have fun in the MA flying amongst friends than proving who is better in the DA.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 07:23:14 AM by Furball »
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2010, 07:24:52 AM »

Them's fighting words... Let's go DA  :mad: :furious
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2010, 07:47:33 AM »
but hell guys, don't any of you just go to the DA with friends to have some good 1vs1 fights?

it's not all about ego, it's often just for the joy of uninterupted fights. None of the regulars I see in the DA dueling care who wins the most. It's all about the fight and the laughs for us.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2010, 08:13:36 AM »
but hell guys, don't any of you just go to the DA with friends to have some good 1vs1 fights?

it's not all about ego, it's often just for the joy of uninterupted fights. None of the regulars I see in the DA dueling care who wins the most. It's all about the fight and the laughs for us.

QFT