Author Topic: Challenges to the DA..  (Read 6146 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Challenges to the DA..
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2010, 11:56:58 AM »
Duels are seldom satisfying. It probably depends on the person. If a mouth challenges a non-mouth, and loses, the non-mouth probably wont gloat enough to make it worth it. If the mouth wins, the non-mouth is probably immune to the mouth's gloating. If 2 mouths go at it, the loser usually ends up brushing it off like it didnt happen. Or, worse, acts friendly. Yuck. Id prefer anyone who calls a duel and loses, has to leave the game...forever. :)

If you want to make it really intense duel them for their soul!

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2010, 12:52:53 PM »
If it's egos that are worrying you, it is the forums you should avoid. Much more egos here than in the DA.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2010, 04:24:21 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2010, 05:06:21 PM »
Crickets
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2011, 03:11:31 PM »
When I fly in the MA I sometimes feel like no one can even touch me, let alone shoot me down. It does not matter if they have 10k on me, I still know I am going to win.

That virtual ability and confidence all comes from time spent dueling 1on1 in the DA.

Bat,

I'm upset now :cry  I thought you got better by fighting me in the TA, not the DA :lol 

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2011, 03:18:08 PM »
If anyone lives in Iowa you should challenge megadud to a duel.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2011, 05:33:25 PM »
I see a couple duel challenges everytime I'm on. What happens most is one will keep hounding the other to DA untill the"other" agrees in such a way that makes it seem like "whatever" example: "I'll go if it means that much to you". Then it is almost like they have an unspoken agreement to not speek of it again and no-one actually goes tothe DA <---- WTF is that about?   :huh

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2011, 05:56:14 PM »
Bat,

I'm upset now :cry  I thought you got better by fighting me in the TA, not the DA :lol 

:salute
BigRat

good point Big Rat, being shot down by you and the other trainer played a big part.

The TA is another great place to get shot down and learn from it.
S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2011, 06:31:06 PM »
95% of the people who offer challenges to the DA are only looking for a fun fight, anyone who thinks they have other motives needs to check their head.  :aok

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2011, 07:01:14 PM »
I see a couple duel challenges everytime I'm on. What happens most is one will keep hounding the other to DA untill the"other" agrees in such a way that makes it seem like "whatever" example: "I'll go if it means that much to you". Then it is almost like they have an unspoken agreement to not speek of it again and no-one actually goes tothe DA <---- WTF is that about?   :huh

JUGgler
+1....lol...some even try to get-it-on in the MA 1 v 1 in some destitute location, far from any battle only to be picked over and over and over while trying to get to the opponent!!...sound familiar JUG????? lmao

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2011, 08:27:49 PM »
95% of the people who offer challenges to the DA are only looking for a fun fight, anyone who thinks they have other motives needs to check their head.  :aok

I wouldn't agree with the percentage.

I think it's fair to say there is a small group of folks who go to the DA to sharpen their skills, but they are a seperate bunch from the crowd in the MA that thinks it will prove something.   As I said in a previous post, I think those guys are in that phase of their AH cartoon flying career where it really matters to them and the challenge of being the 'bestest' they can be is important.  Most of the ACM guys go through that stage at one point or another.

It's not a bad thing, but not everyone is that intense about it or has already been there, done that.  More power to ya if you have the time and the energy for it :)

As for the other guys.  They'll grow up and figure out it's just a game eventually :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2011, 08:40:21 PM »
I was lucky enough to be tuned to 200 today when Bobby Lee and Sex Panther (45% of the time it works....... every time.) were going at it.

Kinda reminded me of a boxing match at the Braille Institute.

Of course JUGgler was egging them on trying to get the fight going, but they weren't having any of it.

:rofl  :lol  :aok
See Rule #4

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2011, 12:50:55 PM »

Oh this cannot be true, I have found most challenges come from someone who is at the cusp of being good but thinks they are great ATM, usually challenging someone whom they believe to be lees capable than themselves. It is quite rare indeed for anyone to challenge someone whom they are quite sure is better than themselves. Sometimes the "challenged" is an unknown shade and the two actually go to the DA and the FUN  ;) is very one sided  :aok :aok :rofl :rofl

JUGgler
Army of Muppets