Author Topic: Challenges to the DA..  (Read 5944 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Challenges to the DA..
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2011, 07:31:24 PM »
I challenge anyone to the DA right now!  I'm in there all alone waitin for some action  :cry
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2011, 07:47:41 PM »
7 Pages  :noid
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2011, 09:59:50 PM »
.squelch amazeesqueak

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2011, 09:07:35 AM »
Post Count.....almost platinum  :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2011, 10:25:40 AM »
Post Count.....almost platinum  :D

Me 2.  I'll race you.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2011, 10:28:22 AM »
Race K?

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »
K.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2011, 12:57:25 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2011, 01:20:26 PM »
Well, I'm late getting my $0.02 in this topic......

I don't DA and tell everyone who challenges me to DA just that "I don't DA".  Reason?  because 99.89% of those making the challenge are POed that they got greased by a mediocre player and need to redeem their "superior" pee-lot status.  I will readily acknowledge that it was not my prowess as a pee-lot that allowed me set them up and shoot them down, just that i was able to capitalize on a mistake on their part.  I feel that if I DA'ed with a POed pee-lot, I'd gain nothing to add to my skills set.

All of that said, i have contradicted myself a few times over the years of playing AH (like 3 or 4 times) by going to the DA with someone that I recently shot down in the game, and it was not because they raged at me either but because I felt that I could learn something from them and them approached the whole DA matter as an adult vice as tantrum-throwing child.

Krimm,
vonKrimm, I think you skipped step 3. [see below]

Step 1. Guy A gets greased by Guy B
Step 2. Guy A tells guy B that the only reason guy B won is because Guy A was tied up with some else, or other similar excuses
Step 3. Guy B laughs and tells guy A that he is dead because he has no skillz
Step 4. Guy A invites Guy B to the DA
Step 5. Guy B refuses

<S>
Who is John Galt?

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2011, 02:39:05 PM »
....he ment this topic is on its 6th page.

derp? :rolleyes:

yeah that was pretty evident what he meant, thanks for clearing it up

:noid derp!

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2011, 04:02:02 PM »
Hahahah funny......Die!
 :t

And SEraider snatched defeat from the jaws of victory yet again...

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »
There are lots of folks that believe 1 v 1ing in the DA is internet bullying and don't allow their egos to be reduced to rubble.  Any other explanation is complete BS.  I can't tell you how many times I opened my big mouth and got my bellybutton beat...humility is necessity in this game.  Really, who cares who wins or loses...you learn something no matter what and the loser gains a little cartoon pilot respect for the winner and the winner likely has a lot more respect for the loser for throwing his ego to the wind for 30 minutes...that's how I feel but I can't tell others how to feel about it.  Every time I have done it, when its over, generally neither folks are upset anymore...win or lose.  To add to this, some of the best times in the game have been 1 v 1ing and squad vs squad duels.  There just isn't much more fun in the game than that...jmo.

Changeup

PS- The good guys in this game never broadcast winning or losing in the DA.  They quietly beat you to death and <S> you for giving them a fight.  10 times out of 10, they will even tell you things to help you get better.  Besides, you might just surprise yourself during the fight...you might be better than you think.  I know Im not! lol

Changeup is a putz hehehehehe <S>
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2011, 08:35:29 PM »
Well...Batty beats my donut regularly...when I do go to the DA....and thats rare...

And for the record....I will never go when challenged in the MA because I may have killed someone....

If I killed ya...it was luck...I'm tellin ya now it was luck..and if you come back you'll more than likey get your revenge quickly....

So don't bother EVER challengeing me to the DA...cause I aint going to make you feel better and..cause its boring for you when we get there.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2011, 10:17:53 PM »
Kilz showing his mental agility again!  Does it echo when you think? Lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »
Krimm,
vonKrimm, I think you skipped step 3. [see below]

Step 1. Guy A gets greased by Guy B
Step 2. Guy A tells guy B that the only reason guy B won is because Guy A was tied up with some else, or other similar excuses
Step 3. Guy B laughs and tells guy A that he is dead because he has no skillz
Step 4. Guy A invites Guy B to the DA
Step 5. Guy B refuses

<S>

Actually I had to post early, and wasn't finished. I wanted to add that this is what creates the DA's rep a macho grievance settle arena only. Many are making the point that grievence settling is a very small percent of the actual one v one  traffic in the DA.  Most of the non-furball lake encounters are friendly folks working on their stall fighting, 1v1 skills, just for the fun of it.

Point being, the DA is a great alternative to the MA for those who like to find fair, fun, and honorable dogfighting action.

<S>
Who is John Galt?