Author Topic: AvA Question  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: AvA Question
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 12:37:55 PM »
Cap won't say so but he's pretty fair in the fork tail :) 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 12:54:05 PM »

Any ideas on how we can better get the website out there?

I'd like to have a couple of hundred players getting the weekly email blast.

get the AvsA Staff to ask or request Skuzzy to include a link to it, under the Community drop down box or on the useful links page of the main website

I know if you click on Special Events, in the Community Drop Down on the main page, it takes you to AHevents.org  or if you click on need Training in the game info drop down. it takes you to the Trainers website....

also, I suggest setting it up on the AHwiki as well and  cross link it back and forth between the AHwiki and the avaarena.org site

hope this helps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 01:05:57 PM »
Cap won't say so but he's pretty fair in the fork tail :) 

i am?   :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 01:23:52 PM »
with an engine or cockpit fire blazing like that, bet it is hard to maneuver against the enemy  :devil

j/king

but that would bring a new feature to the game if they coded cockpit fires , hmm......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »
get the AvsA Staff to ask or request Skuzzy to include a link to it, under the Community drop down box or on the useful links page of the main website

I know if you click on Special Events, in the Community Drop Down on the main page, it takes you to AHevents.org  or if you click on need Training in the game info drop down. it takes you to the Trainers website....

also, I suggest setting it up on the AHwiki as well and  cross link it back and forth between the AHwiki and the avaarena.org site

hope this helps

Good ideas TC.
<S>

Jimson's website was one of the best ideas for positive promotion of the arena in a while.  It needs to be promoted better itself.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:30:05 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 01:39:17 PM »
I have to say Ava is one of the better arena's in the game besides FSO on Friday nights. I am still learning the ropes to AvA I think I am a better evader then attacker. Still takes some time to find them little buggers when they hit the deck and have skins that match up against the scenary down there. But over all there is an excellent bunch of guys in there and anyone is more then willing to help ya in there.

P.S
Ranger had a blast last night I knoew ya could of taken me out numerous times and that cockpit shot I did was wrong but I will go thru the filmds over the weekend and get the screenies posted some shots would be cool

Crazy8s
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 05:48:18 PM »
 :lol :aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 10:08:44 AM »
Stopped in last night, but didnt see much action going on. I guess I need to check the calender

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 10:15:46 AM »
Stopped in last night, but didnt see much action going on. I guess I need to check the calender
sometimes when you go in, if there's no one in there, just kill a little time making things go boom. normally you won't be in there more than 15 minutes before another comes in.

the other night, i went in. no one in there, so i got it in my head that i wanted to learn to bomb in there. less than 10 minutes, oldman stopped in. he used me to practice making passes on bombers(but never shot, so i could continue to learn how to calibrate). within 1/2 hour there were about 10 guys in there fighting.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »
^^^^

This

Up until last week I did M, T, W, 'bait runs' as I called them.  There were some nights when I didn't see anybody come in for 20 or 30 minutes but they were rare.  I'll continue to try to do them in the early evenings as time allows. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 02:19:53 PM »
Dicho on a bait run as he sees CAP1 enter the arena.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 04:07:58 PM »
!*#$%!!$ 

you swore my secret was safe with you  :furious

:lol

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 05:04:30 PM »
!*#$%!!$ 

you swore my secret was safe with you  :furious

:lol

I know bud , however good news should be shared.   :D

Offline Cheese

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 06:15:50 PM »
Hey guys,

After the demise of FA in August, I have not flown at all.  I just re-upped my AH subscription over Christmas, and have been working my way back into the groove.  Flew AvA right off the bat and got my rear handed to me multiple times so I thought I'd better practice first. 

I've been flying in the DA, TA and offline and it has helped tremendously, so you guys might start seeing me occasionally in AvA.

But what I really wanted to let you all know, is that my old squaddies might start trying out AvA.  As luck would have it, we were called the "Aces High" squadron, aka "The Gamblers".  Look for AHEagle, AHTbolt, AHRatTat, AHJoker, AHGrouch and others and give em a shout.

Cheese
Pigs on the Wing - Wing II
It's not Easy to be Cheesy!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 06:35:50 PM »
Yep remember you guys well. It will be good to see you guys again.

<S>