Author Topic: Does Hitech plan to rotate maps at all?  (Read 2535 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Does Hitech plan to rotate maps at all?
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »
Doctahg, that's a whole different subject! All of the maps in the last 5-7 years have been made by players. There are 11 of I think. If you wish, you can build your own map and submit it. Seeing as your just starting out you could have it in the game in 6 months or so :)

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »
I like the new changes to how the towns are captured even if the % of buildings required down should be a bit higher.  BUT

Even with bases being easier to take we aren't seeing maps rotated.  I know some may not mind playing the same maps for months on end but I really liked how we use to get a fresh map after titanic tuesday.

Are these days over? I can't be alone in missing them.

Am I going to lose sleep? no
But gameplay is not as interesting IMO :confused:
Welcome to the new AcesHigh.....its called groundhog day....same maps, same fights, same base trades.

Thank God spring is getting closer so I can stop and do something else.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2011, 10:22:16 AM »
this new setup up getting danger close to fonzi, a motorcycle and a shark   :(
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2011, 10:54:34 AM »
1.)  Shut game down.
2.)  Close BBS.
3.)  Wait two weeks.
4.)  Re-open game.
5.)  Re-open BBS.
6.)  Enjoy silence.

S.  T.  F.  U.

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2011, 11:09:44 AM »
if that will get rid o the off hours crap then make it so
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2011, 11:55:52 AM »
This is what happens when the dev's. don't play the game.

+1 .... that, or looking inside the box into the office of HTCs, they're all enjoying pulling their hair out and balding as fast as the rest of us.

Seriously, who wants to play those same maps at the same time of day, for over a week on end?  I love the new changes, but these changes do not go well at all with the mega-maps up in the rotations.  My favorite map of the lot lately has been the off-hours server's smaller map, but TT's, Orange's and Blue's maps are either all the same map right now or different massive-mega-maps that we have all been getting sick of tooling over since xmass.... ya know, like your aunt Sally's fruitcake, it's this massive lump of mass sitting there on the counter, everyday, calling you to eat it and you know you should but you also know you don't want to touch it again.

Will someone think of the CHILDREN and rotate/change the maps already?  KILL THE FRUITCAKE!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:01:06 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2011, 12:05:45 PM »
I wanted to stay quiet, especially not to disrespect my good friend DadBunnyWabbit  :D  But the thread has moved away from the map rotation question and into a discussion on "Off Hours Late War Arena Change".

The map resets, as Lusche pointed out, previously came due to unopposed bases being taken during off hours play time.  The consistent decline from base captures of a year ago is pointing to a trend in players either loosing interest in the victory conditions or not feeling rewarded enough to engage in chess piece battles.

My feelings on the matter, "Old habbits die hard."  The game was being channeled in one direction, air combat over airfields.  

The strat war has slipped further into the background, and defenders and attackers clump into furballs and don't produce much movement.

So, a temporary fix would be to rotate the maps.  A more permanent fix would be a more dynamic victory system, that rewards small group and individual efforts toward a common chess piece goal.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2011, 12:53:28 PM »
the whole capture thing is to promote combat plain and simple, if you are all about the fight why would you  care about the war or the map or any of that, the scenery looks the same from 1k to to 10k I guess if your into GV's the scenery might matter, but even then isnt it about killin other GV's.......maybe if the scenery means that much to ya you should go play zoo tycoon or something.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2011, 12:55:17 PM »
the whole capture thing is to promote combat plain and simple, if you are all about the fight why would you  care about the war or the map or any of that, the scenery looks the same from 1k to to 10k I guess if your into GV's the scenery might matter, but even then isnt it about killin other GV's.......maybe if the scenery means that much to ya you should go play zoo tycoon or something.

I don't think people care about the actual  scenario so much as the way fights develop based on different base arrangements, different starting alts, three way fights, short distance fights, sea based fights, etc.  

For me personally if I had to fight the same two bases 0k start and meet in the middle I would get bored also.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2011, 01:08:56 PM »
listen Grizz,dont try and be reasonable with me.........damn it all now I want new maps.......@%~:"'#"'&::&..........hehe

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2011, 01:12:13 PM »
listen Grizz,dont try and be reasonable with me.........damn it all now I want new maps.......@%~:"'#"'&::&..........hehe

I see your point though, ultimately it is the close quarters engagement that is the best part of the game and it doesn't matter what the map is for that.   :aok

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
There are some maps that favor planes....like ones with canyons to dogfight in.

And then there are maps like the one with the infamous V85 for gv'ers..

I just don't see why Lusches idea on a new win the war strat...or possible a set reset date wouldn't be a better compromise.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2011, 02:38:44 PM »
For me personally if I had to fight the same two bases 0k start and meet in the middle I would get bored also.

You just EXACTLY described the WWI arena design.  :rofl

:rolleyes:,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2011, 03:20:57 PM »
This is what happens when the dev's. don't play the game.

:old:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2011, 03:43:59 PM »
I see your point though, ultimately it is the close quarters engagement that is the best part of the game and it doesn't matter what the map is for that.   :aok

Sure!  Ink says it and you aren't going to argue with him? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters