Author Topic: Brewster vs A6M2 S M A C K D O W N !  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Brewster vs A6M2 S M A C K D O W N !
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 05:26:40 PM »
If your watching the scenery....  keep the coffee warm while your in the tower. :D

Shuff...I will make the coffee before I lift...I hope you enjoy it.   I will put extra cups in the tower for ya...six?  Yes, six should be enough for the evening. 

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 10:38:07 PM »
Thanx to all who showed  <S>  was good fun!

I will say and I believe "all who were there" would agree, given equal pilots the Brew wins 7-8 out of 10 fights vs A6M2.
In my book this makes the brew significantly better than the zeke  IMHO!

:salute    Now go do this  :joystick: and have more of that--> :x :banana: :rock         

:aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 11:04:54 PM »

I will say and I believe "all who were there" would agree, given equal pilots the Brew wins 7-8 out of 10 fights vs A6M2.

:salute    Now go do this  :joystick: and have more of that--> :x :banana: :rock         

JUGgler
+1

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 11:54:40 PM »
Yep gotta give it to the Brew. I think the combination of ruggedness and ease of shooting gives it the advantage.

Here's how all my sorties ended. That single engine torque stuff.. sure likes sending me into the ground.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 08:11:03 AM »
It was really good fun.  Sorry that I only got to be in the first few, but something came up...

The biggest advantage I could see, outside of the guns, was that the Brew didn't have that nasty stall that the zeke did.  That thing came out of nowhere and really tried to auger you. 

I really enjoyed that though!
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 10:20:50 AM »

JUGgler

+1 Had a really good time too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 10:38:45 AM »

JUGgler
AWWW MAN!!! I missed it?????  was it close enough for a do-over? I want some of that action if there is rematch!  As a veteran Zeke driver in that "other" game and a fledgling Zeke driver in this one, I gotta see and participate in this trial.  At the very least I'm sure it was fun enough for a rematch.

:salute Nishi...  short for Hiroyoshi Nishizawa aka "The Devil of Rabaul" real life zeke driver extraordinaire

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 11:11:52 AM »
AWWW MAN!!! I missed it?????  was it close enough for a do-over? I want some of that action if there is rematch!  As a veteran Zeke driver in that "other" game and a fledgling Zeke driver in this one, I gotta see and participate in this trial.  At the very least I'm sure it was fun enough for a rematch.

:salute Nishi...  short for Hiroyoshi Nishizawa aka "The Devil of Rabaul" real life zeke driver extraordinaire

I don't think it was close, the nit side I think had better "overall" sticks, but cactus and I started to get our groove goin there at the end. With that said it was very clear in that match-up, all of us prefered the Brewster.

The A6M5 would do better but I think the Brew still edges it out. Also we all agreed that with added altitude the pendulum swings further in favor of the Brewster.
The Brew imo was much easier to fly and much more forgiving, and that is saying a lot when comparing it to the zeke

The Brew really is a beast!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:01 AM »
Waqs very much fun,thanks juggler for putting it together...I LOVE my BREWSTER...the a6m is ok,but like madda said,It loves to stall... :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »
JUG,

You'll love this..I went straight to the MA last night after you kilt me 4 times in a row and flew the A6M2 for a few....66 perkies..now, that was about 12 sorties but who's counting!! lol  That thing will fly too but its made out of paper mache' soooooo careful where you light the matches!

Thanks for the fun last night :salute

Changeup

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »
I don't think it was close, the nit side I think had better "overall" sticks, but cactus and I started to get our groove goin there at the end. With that said it was very clear in that match-up, all of us prefered the Brewster.

The A6M5 would do better but I think the Brew still edges it out. Also we all agreed that with added altitude the pendulum swings further in favor of the Brewster.
The Brew imo was much easier to fly and much more forgiving, and that is saying a lot when comparing it to the zeke

The Brew really is a beast!

JUGgler

Don't count out the toughness either.  In one of those rounds I got hit some by a Zeke before I twisted away and got him.  Not a bit of damage.  Every Zeke I hit when in the Brew took some kind of damage, no matter how small the hit.  In the Zeke, you really had to put rounds on target for a second or two to take the Brew out.  The Zeke's nasty stall, along with the Brew's toughness and ease of flight and ammo capacity definitely tip it in the Brew's favor. 

Nishi, if you see me on, give me a shout and I'll gladly go back and forth with them with you man.  I'm not a great stick, but I'll give you the best fight I can. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 08:07:35 PM »
Don't count out the toughness either.  In one of those rounds I got hit some by a Zeke before I twisted away and got him.  Not a bit of damage.  Every Zeke I hit when in the Brew took some kind of damage, no matter how small the hit.  In the Zeke, you really had to put rounds on target for a second or two to take the Brew out.  The Zeke's nasty stall, along with the Brew's toughness and ease of flight and ammo capacity definitely tip it in the Brew's favor. 

Nishi, if you see me on, give me a shout and I'll gladly go back and forth with them with you man.  I'm not a great stick, but I'll give you the best fight I can. 

I dont doubt for a second that the Brew would be the preferable mount if you are talking team combat....  was that the format? Or was it strictly 1 vs 1's?  In a 1 vs 1, I gotta think I would rather be in the zeke...  in spite of the admitted nasty stall, if finessed I think the m2 should easily outturn the Brew.  I look forward to a lil joust Madda...  thanks for the offer!

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 08:30:52 PM »
i used to fly the zero quite often, thought it was awesome I dont remember a nasty stall.......its been awhile though, I would imediatly think of the ronson aspect though, thing is so easy to take down brew has huge adavantages there the fact the controls dont sieze up untill way  into the speed,   try the brew against the Hurri2c......see how far it goes. 

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 10:13:49 PM »
I dont doubt for a second that the Brew would be the preferable mount if you are talking team combat....  was that the format? Or was it strictly 1 vs 1's?  In a 1 vs 1, I gotta think I would rather be in the zeke...  in spite of the admitted nasty stall, if finessed I think the m2 should easily outturn the Brew.  I look forward to a lil joust Madda...  thanks for the offer!

We were running 4 on 4 team combat,  not individual 1v1s.  Before it all started though we were running 1v1s and the same things still applied.  The caveat however is that if the Brew doesn't take it fairly quickly, the Zeke starts getting the edge.  Keep in mind however, I'm a K4 driver and not a Brew or Zeke stick.  I do like the KI84 though, it's probably my best plane, I just love the K4 more.

Nishi, any time you see me on give me a shout man, I'm always game for some fun duels!
madda
The Musketeers Squadron

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 12:28:42 AM »
i used to fly the zero quite often, thought it was awesome I dont remember a nasty stall.......its been awhile though, I would imediatly think of the ronson aspect though, thing is so easy to take down brew has huge adavantages there the fact the controls dont sieze up untill way  into the speed,   try the brew against the Hurri2c......see how far it goes. 

This is one that might have to be done, I think the Brew will still come out on top! my $.02

JUGgler
Army of Muppets