Author Topic: Queenslanders  (Read 633 times)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: Queenslanders
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 04:53:37 AM »
It only just occured to me that Dantoo may be affected. I know he's away somewhere at the moment but he may be coming back to a watermelon fight.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 05:11:45 AM »
This is true, I think I have his mobile number but his place is pretty well elevated so he should he OK.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 07:20:33 AM »
The other must see experience in Alice used to be had sitting on the bench opposite the Commonwealth Bank every second Thursday... Not so much these days but 10+ years ago it was a blast.

My wife used to work on the ATM helpdesk for the NAB in victoria years ago - she said it was quite a common complaint lost ATM cards come every 2nd Wednesday.
I'm sure its the same now as sort of thing never seems to go away

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 04:15:19 PM »
Just sent D2 an email, will let you know if he replies.

@ Phatz, I got the Todd river thing too ;) :P

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 11:48:43 AM »
Hats off to the guy filming the whole thing from his building.... and not telling any of the people in the office that it was happening....loll.  

"Milton, yeah, I'm going to have to ask you to park your car, down there, by that creek.  Yahhhhhhh."
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 08:10:54 PM »
The workers were told not to go down to their cars and for good reason, they knew it was coming but stubborn as Australians are they still went to work and the flash flood took 4 1/2 minutes to hit. Would you have gone down after your car?
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 10:11:33 PM »
Unbe bloody lievable.

I'm on the other side (of the continent), but watching in awe - did you see Anna Bligh's news conference - pretty inspiring stuff.

As always the looters should be neutered - lower than a snakes armpit.

From my point of view, I'm trying to do a deal with Domino's Pizza whose head office is Brisbane - their man just informs me he's been remotely working from his second story for 3 days - the bottom floor of his house being sodden and his offices not tenable at the moment. But as he said, the pizza must flow!!
And shares in The Reject Shop have been suspended as their main distribution centre is in Ipswich and it's only been open for 6 months - poor buggers.

Who's the idiot that said they loved "drought and flooding rains"?
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »
I was up there this morning, saw 4 fully loaded Globemasters, a full squadron of Black Hawks and the PM come through Townsville this morning. Got home at about 8 oclock this evening.

Its pretty amazing up there, the ADF is out in force at the moment. I ate with some of the relief guys this morning. They are keeping up the good work out there.  :rock

Also saw that nutter of a chopper pilot walk to his copter and take off. Didnt get to shake his hand unfortunately.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"