Author Topic: What's with sticking to one country about?  (Read 4520 times)

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
What's with sticking to one country about?
« on: January 11, 2011, 02:49:56 PM »
Still trying to get a sense of the community here. Why is it that some will only fly for one of the 3 countries? Seems too me on any given day, you are flying with different folk anyway.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: What's with sticking to one country about?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 02:52:51 PM »
some are big on chess piece loyalty....I and many others are loyal to the fight and go where the fight is, dont worry about the ones that call ya "spy" just enjoy the fight.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 02:55:01 PM »
Never understood it myself Norm.  I get a chuckle when I shoot a squaddie down or vice versa.  Of course where you can usually find me country doesn't really matter. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 02:57:25 PM »
They gave us ""purdy hats"" 
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 02:57:39 PM »
Norm,
don't listen to them... they are many 'characters' who play this game... some of which have privately and personally sworn eternal allegiance to chess pieces. I know, it sounds ludicrous, well because it is, but its the truth....
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 02:58:13 PM »
My Squadron have always flown Knights.  We just do.  As far as flying with different folks everytime, it seems to be the same old Pigs everytime I login. :headscratch:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 02:59:36 PM »
My Squadron have always flown Knights.  We just do.  As far as flying with different folks everytime, it seems to be the same old Pigs everytime I login. :headscratch:

not entirely  true, we went on vacation for a while....
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 03:01:11 PM »
not true, we went on vacation for a while....

Yeah, but that was more like trying to get away from a psycho ex-girlfriend! :lol
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 03:10:38 PM »
I would imagine it helps with immersion for basetaking types if they just stick with one country, I wouldn't call that "ludicrous."  Spying accusations ARE  ludicrous though, as what little spying there is probably isn't being done by side-switchers.

I don't switch because my squad doesn't switch but I'm all in favor of it.  Quite nice to have guests over.  Except that the Nits never wipe their feet...
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 03:18:59 PM »
I would imagine it helps with immersion for basetaking types if they just stick with one country, I wouldn't call that "ludicrous."  
I think there are a few base taking squads that switch every months to a new chess piece....

As for most, they just stick to the side that their squadies are flying, and don't care beyond that. ..

and most 'spy' accusations are because people fail at their game goal and are too egotistical to take responsibility for their own personal failure thus they blame others...  

That being said, late at night or during 'off hours' side witching is often necessary if you actually want to play AH against another player and most of the 'spy' accusations are going to come from people who only enjoy fighting auto ack and view your desire to play with others as 'ruining their fun'.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:20:38 PM by Ardy123 »
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »
Some of us enjoy being labeled as "Spiz".
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 03:20:37 PM »
The way I look at it is that perhaps the best thing about this silly little game is the friendships that develop around it.  If I flew only on one side I wouldn't get to fly with or have met 2/3rds of the people I count as friends in this game.  

I will now sit back and wait for a squaddie or someone else to come along and point out that no one really likes me and I have no friends. :)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:25:44 PM by Soulyss »
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 03:20:41 PM »
Still trying to get a sense of the community here. Why is it that some will only fly for one of the 3 countries? Seems too me on any given day, you are flying with different folk anyway.
Ive seen people that are so chesspiece loyal, they wont even switch if they go to the TA or DA  :lol

Having 3 countries consistently does bring out good competition but sadly people take it too far. People that are loyal and only fly with one country are more prone to think that the red guy is nothing but evil and should be in the tower at all cost. I can bet that if they ever get a chance to fly WITH their nemesis', they would see that the guy is probably the nicest guy to fly with.

Some feel as switching would "betray" fellow green guys so they just dont do it, which is absurd in a video game.

Best advice I can give which will bring a refreshing prospective to most squads that stick with one country is to tour each for a month as a squad to see how others fly and meet the guys on "the other side". They will enjoy it. You are 100% right Norm..we are ONE community here enjoying the same game, not 3. :aok
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 03:21:10 PM »
Some of us enjoy being labeled as "Spiz".
i R t3h l34d 5p1z0r
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 03:24:32 PM »
:noid
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC