Author Topic: Furballers Versus Base takers after 5 years I think I got it  (Read 784 times)

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
Furballers Versus Base takers after 5 years I think I got it
« on: January 11, 2011, 07:27:39 PM »
OK,I have been a die-hard base taker for many years,and still enjoy taking bases by any means.Recently I have been doing no real base taking and just Furballing and fighting it out in the ma's,and I must say it has been a blast just getting in and tearing it up..I have not had any sort of problem finding a fight when I want to fight...

When I am fighting many times I hear on country ALERT to some certain base a mission is coming in,even NOE's,and as much as I hate to admit it,I dont feel a need to go and try and defend as I am having TOO MUCH FUN with what I am in the middle of or going to the middle of,which is a GREAT furball I have found to fight in.

I am thinking as I hear the alarm going out,"SO WHAT" IT IS ONLY A BASE" and I am over here at another base doing what I want to do at that time.I am not worried about the base being taken,I am not concerned about the reason behind the base take,nor how many people the enemy has going into that base to take it.

SO this has me wondering,WHY do people who say others should "LEARN" other aspects of the game,FURBALLING mostly,be so concerned about a base being taken in the first place?Or be worried about it being taken at all?I am doing what YOU have been trying to drill into my head for years,and yet,when I am in that mode,I am not concerned about ANY other aspect of the game other than working on my skills in a plane,or GV or whatever.I DONT feel the need to SUDDENLY BAIL out of my plane and go and defend some base which really has nothing to do with what I AM doing at the time,and is fun for me.I DONT CARE HOW MANY PEOPLE CAME IN to take a base.Should I be?

I dont feel the need to come onto the boards and tell people the base takes are RUINING IT FOR ME,because from my NEW perspective,I can see clearly,and what I see is that YOU are the ones,as much as you like to say its about the air to air,or only this many is all it should take,are just as worried if not MORE worried about bases being lost than you say..

DO I still up to defend a base take? yes,do I still run big missions?yes,do I bail to go and help out if a base is being taken,yes,but my point is that it is MY DECISION to do that,no one else can make that decision for me,but me.the HORDE coming to take my base IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MY DECISION to leave my plane in flight,or continue fighting,they have NO impact on my game "FUN-O-METER" anymore.

I think it is YOU who has stopped having FUN,and whines about HORDES and BASE TAKES,and I HAD TO BAIL OUT OF MY PLANE AND WHEN I GOT THERE THEY JUST LEFT,will now be taken by ME as it should be taken.With a grain of salt.So stop your whining and go and have FUN,and stop expecting everyone else to BE your FUN as you think they should be,and take RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DECISIONS,and stop laying them on everyone else..

Respectfully,
                                    Falcon23 :salute

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Furballers Versus Base takers after 5 years I think I got it
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 07:43:43 PM »
Welcome to my world; it's a happy place, isn't it...   :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »
OK,I have been a die-hard base taker for many years,and still enjoy taking bases by any means.Recently I have been doing no real base taking and just Furballing and fighting it out in the ma's,and I must say it has been a blast just getting in and tearing it up..I have not had any sort of problem finding a fight when I want to fight...

When I am fighting many times I hear on country ALERT to some certain base a mission is coming in,even NOE's,and as much as I hate to admit it,I dont feel a need to go and try and defend as I am having TOO MUCH FUN with what I am in the middle of or going to the middle of,which is a GREAT furball I have found to fight in.

I am thinking as I hear the alarm going out,"SO WHAT" IT IS ONLY A BASE" and I am over here at another base doing what I want to do at that time.I am not worried about the base being taken,I am not concerned about the reason behind the base take,nor how many people the enemy has going into that base to take it.

SO this has me wondering,WHY do people who say others should "LEARN" other aspects of the game,FURBALLING mostly,be so concerned about a base being taken in the first place?Or be worried about it being taken at all?I am doing what YOU have been trying to drill into my head for years,and yet,when I am in that mode,I am not concerned about ANY other aspect of the game other than working on my skills in a plane,or GV or whatever.I DONT feel the need to SUDDENLY BAIL out of my plane and go and defend some base which really has nothing to do with what I AM doing at the time,and is fun for me.I DONT CARE HOW MANY PEOPLE CAME IN to take a base.Should I be?

I dont feel the need to come onto the boards and tell people the base takes are RUINING IT FOR ME,because from my NEW perspective,I can see clearly,and what I see is that YOU are the ones,as much as you like to say its about the air to air,or only this many is all it should take,are just as worried if not MORE worried about bases being lost than you say..

DO I still up to defend a base take? yes,do I still run big missions?yes,do I bail to go and help out if a base is being taken,yes,but my point is that it is MY DECISION to do that,no one else can make that decision for me,but me.the HORDE coming to take my base IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MY DECISION to leave my plane in flight,or continue fighting,they have NO impact on my game "FUN-O-METER" anymore.

I think it is YOU who has stopped having FUN,and whines about HORDES and BASE TAKES,and I HAD TO BAIL OUT OF MY PLANE AND WHEN I GOT THERE THEY JUST LEFT,will now be taken by ME as it should be taken.With a grain of salt.So stop your whining and go and have FUN,and stop expecting everyone else to BE your FUN as you think they should be,and take RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DECISIONS,and stop laying them on everyone else..

Respectfully,
Base taking is OK. Strategy is ok. Going NOE is ok.

Going NOE to take a base with 20 other guys denying fun to the opposition to AT LEAST TRY to shoot you down..NOT OK.

As silly as it sounds, this game with NO interaction with people chasing you down will get boring very very fast= The need for furballers
The game without bases means no helpless goons to shoot, no need to even travel to the enemy's terrritory, not much fun is it?

Everytime you logged in for the past 5 years, you had a base to take off of. What difference does it make if you 1 or 200 bases?

Furballing doesnt mean that you walk around like mindless zombies worrying about your score. Just logged off defending a huge horde in TT. Was alot of fun when it was met with equal response. Everybody is happy then  :aok

BTW  :salute Falcon. Its great that your getting into this aspect of the game. TBH, noone likes horde base taking squads. You and the squad will find a new found respect from alot of players
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 08:09:54 PM »
Its just not fair I tell ya. Falc you made me start upping a brewster and get lots of kills.

Feel ashamed of myself

:o :o

Oh and nice mission chewie, lmao for days over that one

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 08:11:52 PM »
Damn it Falcon...get back to base taking...your missions are what start some epic furballs....Know wonder it's been a bit lop sided lately  :D

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 08:24:30 PM »
As stated previously.  'Welcome to my world'.  I don't give a rats posterior what I'm doing so long as I'm having fun.  And this game offers innumerable ways to do that. 

Know something even cooler than that? I have friends in this game that range from Doctors, structural engineers, historians, pilots (real ones), Eskimos, people of other nationalities than my own, etc...

I would have never interacted with people I've learned from, come to respect, and consider good friends, had it not been for this game.  $16.03 a month? That's chump change for what I get back. 

If it wasn't fun I wouldn't mess with it. 

But it is fun. 

And that's why I'm here. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 08:49:53 PM »
I do and have done it all here over the years. Each has their own merits and flavor of fun.
For me now it all depends on what Im in the mood for. sometimes I'll basepork, sometimes (though rarely) I'll bomb. sometimes I'll participate in a basetake. Sometimes I defend. Sometimes I just furball.
Though for me personally most of the time the furball is about not letting my countrymen  or base get overrun which in most cases is what eventually happens in afurball between two base's. one side gets the advantage over the other and the basecapture attempt is on. Furballs are really a struggle to get the upperhand between two bases.

As for upping to defend bases when the call goes out. I look at it as this. Its just another immersion level. Our bases, our country is our turf And there is definitely something to be said for the desperate struggle over a base. Be it stopping and repelling an attack. Or killing that last troop in the very nick of time to prevent a capture.
Or getting troops into the maproom just as the town is about to pop or just as that IL2 is about to blast you

I remember several years ago on one map a fight going  over a base for some 3 days. It changed hands I dont know how many times only to be retaken again one day and finally being held by our side for 2 days straight under constant siege sometimes with only one person left on the ground beating off an onslaught of tanks and aircraft and troops. It was like  being cut off in Bastogne

I've been in epic tank battles that didnt include simply setting up a spawn camp. Hunting and being hunted, Fire & movement. All the stuff a tank battle really should be

A great deal of fun and immersion.

Its all good. No matter what your flavor of fun is. Before you condemn one mode give it an honest try. You may be surprised at the amount of fun you can have.

Its like ice cream. My personal favorite is chocolate. But I also frequently have other flavors instead. Because as much as I like chocolate. Its not what I want to have every single time I have ice cream
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 09:05:33 PM »
Yes dot it is a great place to be in the game,and in my head... :rock

Tral :salute furballing is just a generic term for dogfighting..
As far as 20 guys to a base tral,what were you doing before they tried to take the base?Fighting somewhere else on the map I bet,and having fun doing it I bet also.Dont let it get to you,the huge noe's,if they left then they didnt get the base..YAY!!! thats a win for your side.Dont be so hard pressed to beat the HORDE down,You do know you cant keep them from having FUN...
 And I have never considered this squad or any squad I have been in to be a HORDE squad..Missions call people to do different things.

You loving the brewster arent u minke..MUAHAHAHAA..it is very addicting... :banana:

SPK,I am workingon it,just having fun killing and being killed.. :D

Agreed dichotomy..100% :airplane:

Drediock,you hit the nail on the head when you say "Its all good. No matter what your flavor of fun is. Before you condemn one mode give it an honest try. You may be surprised at the amount of fun you can have." :aok
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 09:10:15 PM by falcon23 »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 12:57:48 PM »

Respectfully,

Sampson Lodge
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »
Wow Falc, very pleasantly surprised to hear this.  Bravo for you and for a nice write up.   :salute
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 01:31:50 PM »
Silly question my brother, of course!!!   :salute

LLogann, may I join you?

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 02:55:57 PM »
Welcome to the dark side Falc.  :)

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »
Silly question my brother, of course!!!   :salute

Friday nights is our squad night..Make it happen RT!! Well go bish but wed much rather you come to the darkside :devil
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 03:37:30 PM »
Guess I might be turning into....dare I say....................Score Ho.......I could care less anymore about taking a base that will just go back to whom ever in a hour or so. As far as defending a base, again who cares, it will just be back the next day or next Tuesday. Maps are gettin stale and really no reason to take bases in LW anymore :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 05:50:55 PM »
defending from base takers can be the best fun of all. when there isnt any to defend follow the red dar