Author Topic: Mods.  (Read 17156 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Mods.
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2011, 07:13:20 PM »
600 minutes  :lol :huh :x :rofl :bolt: that SO long

I see the Fewtardish language still exists.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2011, 11:40:25 PM »
This isn't exactly related but I guess this is as good a place as any to post this.

One night I typed a word starting with P that describes a male part of the anatomy.  I immediately got a pop-up telling me that I would lose my chat privaleges if I continued.  I didn't think that was such an offensive word considering you hear it on TV.  I've been home sick for two days and during one of my five minute periods of wakedness yesterday I heard it on Oprah.  Seems to me the chat filters are set a little too tight.

I heard that "dreaded" "P" word again today on primetime TV.

I don't agree that the game should be more restrictive than what's generally accepted by society and by that I define accepted as what's allowable on daytime and primetime broadcast TV.  If your kids can hear it there without warning what makes it worse here?  There has to be a line drawn somewhere that's easily recognized and understood by most.  The way it is now, you don't know when you'll cross the line until you've crossed it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2011, 11:50:58 PM »
I heard that "dreaded" "P" word again today on primetime TV.

I don't agree that the game should be more restrictive than what's generally accepted by society and by that I define accepted as what's allowable on daytime and primetime broadcast TV.  If your kids can hear it there without warning what makes it worse here?  There has to be a line drawn somewhere that's easily recognized and understood by most.  The way it is now, you don't know when you'll cross the line until you've crossed it.

How can the use of a word which is found not only in medical terminology, but the dictionary, be found offensive?  I understand the difference between saying on 200 "urination makes my noodle hurt because I have an STD." and saying " <playerxxxx> is a  major noodle!"  I think the mods need to take context into account when handing-out chat bans.  I also understand that, sometimes, context is lost when a pure textual format is used.  God knows I have lost my cool at some e-mails sent by my subordinates to clients and it was I that did not understand the relationship.

Fight Like a Girl

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2011, 01:48:52 AM »
Would you say it to your mother?
Would you say it to your daughter?
Would you say it to your boss?
Would you say it to a stranger?

Common sense?

none.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2011, 01:53:39 AM »
The following is from the fcc.gov website.  Note that this applies to broadcast TV and radio and not to cable or any other subscription service:

Obscene Broadcasts Are Prohibited at All Times

Obscene material is not protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution and cannot be broadcast at any time. The Supreme Court has established that, to be obscene, material must meet a three-pronged test:

•An average person, applying contemporary community standards, must find that the material, as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest;

•The material must depict or describe, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct specifically defined by applicable law; and

•The material, taken as a whole, must lack serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.

Indecent Broadcast Restrictions

The FCC has defined broadcast indecency as “language or material that, in context, depicts or describes, in terms patently offensive as measured by contemporary community standards for the broadcast medium, sexual or excretory organs or activities.” Indecent programming contains patently offensive sexual or excretory material that does not rise to the level of obscenity.

The courts have held that indecent material is protected by the First Amendment and cannot be banned entirely. It may, however, be restricted in order to avoid its broadcast during times of the day when there is a reasonable risk that children may be in the audience.

Consistent with a federal indecency statute and federal court decisions interpreting the statute, the Commission adopted a rule that broadcasts -- both on television and radio -- that fit within the indecency definition and that are aired between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. are prohibited and subject to indecency enforcement action.

Profane Broadcast Restrictions

The FCC has defined profanity as “including language so grossly offensive to members of the public who actually hear it as to amount to a nuisance.”

Like indecency, profane speech is prohibited on broadcast radio and television between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.

George Carlin also did a routine including the words you can't say on TV but I'll go with the FCC even though it's not applicable here.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2011, 01:55:59 AM »
I started this thread with two simple questions. I thought they were honest legitimate questions that could have been answered simply. Then I let myself get dragged into a discussion that I wanted no part of. This is exactly the type of thing that got me squelched. So, since I have my answers, and in an effort to avoid getting squelched here, I shall end my participation in this thread.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2011, 02:41:36 AM »
I started this thread with two simple questions. I thought they were honest legitimate questions that could have been answered simply. Then I let myself get dragged into a discussion that I wanted no part of. This is exactly the type of thing that got me squelched. So, since I have my answers, and in an effort to avoid getting squelched here, I shall end my participation in this thread.

I got text muted me self mak, I think they are biased against JUGS  ;)

200 sparring not what it use to be  :(

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2011, 04:28:25 AM »
Don't let them mute you.

You are a human.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLUX0y4EptA&ob=av2el
See Rule #4

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2011, 03:18:12 PM »
I've only read the first and last pages of this thread, and I'm not going to be reading anything but the first and last pages, but I'd like to say this: get rid of all inter-country channels.

Just like a politician in the US, I didn't read the bill but am going to vote anyway right or wrong.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2011, 03:20:43 PM »
Next time a cop pulls you over for speeding, tell him he can't give you a ticket because other people were speeding too and see how far that gets you.

He will tell you a fisherman can't catch all the fish in the lake :)
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2011, 03:41:16 PM »
For those that say de-tune 200.....

I have seen these non-approved discussions take place as often on country as I have 200.

On top of that it has already been said by those with authority that politics are not to be discussed in game. Read back a few pages you will see Skuzzy's post regarding appropriate in-game discussions.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2011, 04:04:19 PM »
For those that say de-tune 200.....

I have seen these non-approved discussions take place as often on country as I have 200.

On top of that it has already been said by those with authority that politics are not to be discussed in game. Read back a few pages you will see Skuzzy's post regarding appropriate in-game discussions.
When they start busting us for chatting about the Super Bowl, I'll find another venue of entertainment
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »
My Grandpa told me something that always stays with me, When in a public venue or dealing with people in general there's two things you never discuss , Politics and Religion , both will always get a heated debate going because of ones personal feeling towards each matter, that's why it's not allowed in here or in game, i choose to respect ones opinions and leave it at that  :aok    I'm here to relax and have fun, not to watch Fox news in the chatbar, i do like to keep 200 tuned to talk to friends on other countries  :salute
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2011, 06:08:50 PM »
I can't even discuss politics with my older brother or we're at each other's throats in minutes.  Usually he get's PO'd and goes off sulking.  For some reason he always seems to bring it up but I've learned to just shut up and change the subject.  Why would I want to repeat that experience with strangers?  I just let my vote speak for me.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2011, 09:22:48 PM »
Inquiry: Do A vs A mods have the ability to kick people?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/