• Gold Member
Re: Mods.
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2011, 08:34:11 AM »
"Political discussion ..ch200.."

That is still going on? And yet there's still no perma-squelch. As a
result players who don't want to hear those retards, who can't control
themselves, continue to be held hostage to it or are forced to detune
200 and remove themselves from any other normal online social
interaction with other, more normal players?

*THAT* is still so uckedfay upfay

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2011, 08:46:14 AM »
skuzzy in another thread recently suggested using .report when these people start up with the politics.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2011, 08:47:41 AM »
as for the un ability to give check 6's???? I was unaware that the "Check 6" key became disabled if I was to be muted???

I thought I had only lost my voice & text priv's for whatever duration, didn't know it included the "Check 6" game command as well.....

I swear after 11 yrs I am still learning this game  ;)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2011, 08:57:55 AM »
you got warned, and then continued anyway?  :cry :(

so what you should've said was this:

i don't know how to follow rules. i said something i knew i shouldn't have said. i was warned, and continued anyway. since the rules should only apply to others, i thought it would be a good idea to bring it here too, and try to get sympathy by only telling one side of the story.  :uhoh

Bring on the toe Pics Cap!  This one was done before it started.... IN
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2011, 09:06:33 AM »
The arena was out of control last night.
I wish there was a MOTD pop-up on arena entry that said something like this:

Aces High is a game, not a discussion forum.
Do not discuss politics, religion or
controversial topics on any public channel, including:

- Country channel
- Room Channel
- All Channel (if activated)
- Help Channel
- Mission Channel
- 200 Channel
- Range vox

You may create a private channel (e.g. 202)
or use squad channel for private discussions.

Violation of this rule will result in suspension
of all text and voice privileges in game one
calendar month. No exceptions.

Politics is everywhere, under this set of rules, if i typed out "boy! Gas prices are high" "My elected official got caught in the office with his pants down and his secratary" or "Wow, AH2's getting expensive, thanks to the exchange rate" on 200 then i'd be in for a month mute.
Too harsh, politics make the world go round, and everyone is allowed to have an opinion and everyone has freedom of speech to express them. It's up to the individual to remind themselves that opinions are only opinions and not fact.
It's up to the individual that, if he/she disagrees with anyone or is tired of anyone typing on whatever channel, to exercise thier right to [dot]squelch. It's not difficult look,. i'll dot it again .squelch and again .squelch easy, simples. Now get on with your lives. Vote LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE for President/Prime Minister! :) (Cheeky Smile)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2011, 09:07:42 AM »
it's only been 5 or 6 years for me...........but i'v e never been muted. did get a lil vacation from the boards last year though. i forget what i did to get it, but i'm pretty sure i brought it on myself.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2011, 09:08:37 AM »
Bring on the toe Pics Cap!  This one was done before it started.... IN

you mean........<in sinister voice>  the toe?    :bolt: :x
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2011, 09:12:33 AM »
it's only been 5 or 6 years for me...........but i'v e never been muted. did get a lil vacation from the boards last year though. i forget what i did to get it, but i'm pretty sure i brought it on myself.  :devil

ya I tap danced over the line a couple of times last year and Skuzzy either let it slide or was too busy to smack me down.  I'm staying FIRMLY on this side of the line from now on.  He's got enough crud to deal with without me being a knucklehead. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2011, 09:15:58 AM »
I love politics on 200 they should be legal...  AND...  Telling on people is for sissies.  <S>

<----  Never been muted.
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2011, 09:22:14 AM »
This isn't exactly related but I guess this is as good a place as any to post this.

One night I typed a word starting with P that describes a male part of the anatomy.  I immediately got a pop-up telling me that I would lose my chat privaleges if I continued.  I didn't think that was such an offensive word considering you hear it on TV.  I've been home sick for two days and during one of my five minute periods of wakedness yesterday I heard it on Oprah.  Seems to me the chat filters are set a little too tight.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2011, 09:26:12 AM »
I love politics on 200 they should be legal...  AND...  Telling on people is for sissies.  <S>

<----  Never been muted.

no it shouldn't. i come in the game to get away from real world stuff. i don't want or need to hear political discussion, and i should not have to de-tune 200 in order to not hear it. i use that channel to talk with friends on the other sides, toss out salutes, etc.

you wanna talk politics, go to a political forum, or try it  here till you get a vacation......but keep it the hell outta the game.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2011, 09:27:52 AM »
This isn't exactly related but I guess this is as good a place as any to post this.

One night I typed a word starting with P that describes a male part of the anatomy.  I immediately got a pop-up telling me that I would lose my chat privaleges if I continued.  I didn't think that was such an offensive word considering you hear it on TV.  I've been home sick for two days and during one of my five minute periods of wakedness yesterday I heard it on Oprah.  Seems to me the chat filters are set a little too tight.

but then if you've noticed, you can hear pretty much on shows on bbc america that you wouldn't say in front of your kids too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2011, 09:29:06 AM »
or, for that matter, somebody elses kids. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2011, 09:32:02 AM »
I have to agree with lilmak on this one, the mods are VERY biased.  They are always kicking out or mutin those guys that do not play by the rules and then they leave the guys that are playing by the rules alone.  Man, what's up with that?

I agree with the other posters, I'm sick of discussions that have absolutely nothing to do with gameplay.  I almost said something on 200 last night but any comment I would have had would only have added to that same discussion that I didn't wanted to start.
So allow me to say this here, Please stop.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:58:30 AM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2011, 09:33:53 AM »
 The only time I ever got a warning for language was once I typed out love muffin. I was surprised who ever was moderating that day thought love muffin was a dirty word. I guess it is all all we perceive things.