Author Topic: new squad formed  (Read 1409 times)

Offline wolvrine

• Zinc Member
new squad formed
« on: January 19, 2011, 07:39:18 AM »
We started a new squad called "BAD CONNECTION" ..due to greens absence. This may be just a temporary thing till greens can get back. I think we will be kind of laid back squad.. but hope to be a little more active than what we've been in the memphis belle squad since greens absence. Hoping the memphis belle members will come on over to new squad. We would like to do missions together from time to time....not going to have any heavy requirements from squadmembers, what we would like to do is fly with each other and have fun...thinking of having members more on the mature side but any one is welcome to try our squad
      contact wolvrine or SHoCK when you see us online to join
                                                                          website: www.badconnection.webs.com

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: new squad formed
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 06:26:06 PM »
nicely done... I hope Greens gets back soon.  Best luck to you guys.

ps.  There's a code break on the top left corner of your page. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 08:12:39 AM »
shock really does have a bad connection.

Until HT enforces some sort of maximum ping cap you have to consider the negative effect you have on everyone elses gameplay.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 11:43:07 AM »

Until HT enforces some sort of maximum ping cap you have to consider the negative effect you have on everyone elses gameplay.
Do u not way me to play?  :rofl
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »
Do u not way me to play?  :rofl

if your warping 400 yards out of a clear cut kill shot then yes log off and sort it out.   Spek's old satellite connection was un-playable if he was about I would fly elsewhere.   

Pointless trying to dogfight someone zig zaggin across the sky.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 12:52:36 PM »
if your warping 400 yards out of a clear cut kill shot then yes log off and sort it out.   Spek's old satellite connection was un-playable if he was about I would fly elsewhere.   

Pm him and let him know. If not Pm the squad leader <wolvrine> I would, IF someone tells me i am warping or sumtin like that I DO bail n log off.

<S> greens
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline wolvrine

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »

yea..we have satellite connection here in alaskan boonies and no choice for internet..we cant play too many online games cause of it.Aces is one of the very few games we can play..if HT puts a ping cap we will not be able to play.before i play aces i always make sure i have nothing else running on my computer to get the best connection possible. Sorry for the lag from time to time.
    code break?? what is that...i see it too on top left. i am new to this stuff.
                  "i will bring this up with squad members and give pointers for maximizing their satellite connections"

p.s.  that is one of the reasons for squad name :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:54:32 PM by wolvrine »

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 07:18:07 PM »
If it is the best internet they have, you can't suggest that they don't play. I am sure they pay the same amount every month as every other player, telling them when they can and can't fly isn't fair. IMO.
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 07:20:30 PM »
has joeblack joined the 'bad connection' squad?
 He should be your guys CO...

Ardy
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 09:44:59 PM »

My cell phone is doing just fine! Running this game a ps3 and a laptop  :rofl
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Limbo0

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 09:58:28 PM »
              Sorry for bein out wolv i no grens wanted me to lead in his absence just been real hard as of late personal issues just keep coming and my damn game wont work but as im typein this im reinstalling so i hope i can be back if not dk what to do.
May The Limbo0 Watch Over You

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 03:06:11 AM »
If it is the best internet they have, you can't suggest that they don't play. I am sure they pay the same amount every month as every other player, telling them when they can and can't fly isn't fair. IMO.

I will PM anyone who is lagging badly as greens suggest.

I'm not talking the occasional blip but the guys who are in the twlight zone,  taking the subway through airfields then coming out the other side 2k high shooting at some poor guy.

Don't give me the whole it's their 15 bucks line.  That sub is for the privilege of playing against other people but there is no point to that if all they see is people bouncing around the screen.  Spek also confirmed that on his old satellite connection the download rate is average so he could see everyone else just fine but it is the upload speed that sucks balls.  IMO an unfair advantage.  If the technology improves then great.

My main concern is not the warper themselves but the amount of time it takes to kill one because SA and decisions go out of the window to get rid of them.  With the new fad of using satellites as a cheap way for ISP's to extend their coverage over rural areas, I can only foresee more and more guys thinking that it is acceptable to use playing a real time game.   HTC may need to look at it because if I ever see 2-3 guys in the same bit of airspace warping all over my screen i'm bailing.   :cry

First person shooters have always monitored it and even FA had a ticketing system where if the amount of packets dropped exceeded the minimum the game would disconnect.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline wolvrine

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 10:55:37 AM »
              Sorry for bein out wolv i no grens wanted me to lead in his absence just been real hard as of late personal issues just keep coming and my damn game wont work but as im typein this im reinstalling so i hope i can be back if not dk what to do.
It's ok Limbo...relaaaax...come join us when you are ready.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 11:14:40 AM »
     I think if the only connection is satilite they absolutly have a right to play just as anyone else does, Ive always found it more intrestin to try and kill them.....im suprised you being the master of the air, would be bothered by such a thing.

Offline wolvrine

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 04:07:52 PM »
     I think if the only connection is satilite they absolutly have a right to play just as anyone else does, Ive always found it more intrestin to try and kill them.....im suprised you being the master of the air, would be bothered by such a thing.
lol...yes..I am constantly being killed by that master,revenge is mine.