Author Topic: Learning Curve  (Read 2939 times)

Offline angels10

• Zinc Member
Learning Curve
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:01:31 AM »
 It seems there is a steep learning curve to getting better at this game. Well my arms getting numb I'm ready for the fast ball ,slider or screw ball.

I looked at my stats i have logged 1,020 hours in the last twelve months alone. That is an average of 2.79 hours per day.  And I have been on for three years + too embarrassed  to look up the rest of my time playing.

When is spring training over I'm ready to play!   Any  ideas on how to get my KD ratio up?  :old: :airplane:     

TY Angels10

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
Re: Learning Curve
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:04:44 AM »
stop getting killed   :noid
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »
I looked at my stats i have logged 1,020 hours in the last twelve months alone. That is an average of 2.79 hours per day.  And I have been on for three years + too embarrassed  to look up the rest of my time playing.

Oh, don't worry, that's a moderate amount of playing time. There are many dweebs much worse than that  :noid

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 11:14:56 AM »
Pick one a/c one you like and one you can make kills with, stick with it for a while. Helped me.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 11:19:54 AM »
get you K/D up by flying with better SA  ( knowing when to engage and disengage)  stay close to friendlies and call out bad guys, the key is SA and learning the strength's and weaknesses of the planes you like to fly
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 11:48:09 AM »
Get in touch with the trainers ask for some advanced training, and keep an eye out for training clinics. I know they just ran a BFM clinic the other day.

Go to the DA and ask for some 1v1's. A lot of the better sticks are more than willing to help people out, usually you just have to ask.

Film your fights, and don't look at what you did right but what you did wrong.

Don't be afraid to get into fights even if you're at a disadvantage. The more you fight the more you will learn. There are things that can't really be taught, like SA, and reading E states that can only improve if you practice them.

+1 on sticking with one plane until you're proficient at surviving and killing in it. Then move around and check other planes out.

Learn your plane backwards and forwards so that you know what it's going to do before it does it.

Practice flying around looking backwards. Yeah for real.

Most importantly have fun.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline mactak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 11:58:35 AM »
First of all, don't mistake me for someone that's qualified to give fighter advise but something I found that worked for me to improve my limited fighter skills was to fly a plane considered a pure fighter. I looked at your stats and you seem to prefer 190's, P51's, La's and Zeke's. When I switched to the P47M I saw a great improvement. It's big and fast enough to get you out of trouble. Be patient, fly to 20K and make the plane work for you. It seems to have endless fuel. (I usually take a drop and 50). The large gun package seems to never run low. And you can turn it fast in a merge. It's merciless on bomber formations and it can take a lot of damage. Just don't get low and slow. Just a suggestion for a ride that worked for me and I still have a long way to go. Good luck!!
McAdoo McAdoo

Offline jocrp6

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 12:12:39 PM »
I Don't think I've ever shot you down!  he,he.    Misfire,

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 02:49:49 PM »
Fly to stay alive rather than fly to try and kill as many red guys as fast a possible.  It's knowing you need to climbout flying away from your enemy before you turn your nose twords them and fly into the frey.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 02:52:24 PM »
If you want to get better, the best way is to get people to duel you. Go to the DA, and ask, "Does anyone want to duel?"... you can ask in the ma too.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 04:33:18 PM »
No kidding....  I put as much time in here as I do working.......   :uhoh

Oh, don't worry, that's a moderate amount of playing time. There are many dweebs much worse than that  :noid

angels10, do you fly a bunch of birds or just a few?  Less is better to develop.

Who do you fly with?  Do you guys do any training? 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 04:37:10 PM »
Speed is life.  Avoid the fur-ball.  Try and attack when you have at minimum an equal footing (alt and speed).  KNOW the plane you are in and the plane you are attacking.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »
It seems there is a steep learning curve to getting better at this game. Well my arms getting numb I'm ready for the fast ball ,slider or screw ball.

When is spring training over I'm ready to play!   Any  ideas on how to get my KD ratio up?  :old: :airplane:     

TY Angels10

Spend two weeks in a place like the DA and die a lot.  Not the lake though.  Find one or two guys that are willing to fight you for an hour every day and tell you how you got killed.  Check the difference after that.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 04:57:27 PM »
the very best thing, is to hit the training arena.....schedule with a trainer first. there are many, and these guys are VERY helpful.

a couple of hours in there with a good trainer will more than pay off for ya.  :aok

oh yea.....welcome to the madness sir.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 05:03:25 PM »
Stop making me mad so I stop killing you

wait i'll prolly kill you anway