Author Topic: Training Film Formats  (Read 485 times)

Offline Imaslipper

• Zinc Member
Training Film Formats
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
Okay, hopefully this isn't asking too much. The last training films i received were great, but I was wondering if anyone could possibly give me films that aren't in AHi format. I mainly want to put them on my ipod, and view them when i've got nothing else to do. Obviously, Narrated videos would be the best. But any really would be great. If no one has any already converted to .wmz or .mvi etc. could you possibly recommend another program that will recognize the Ah film viewer format?  Thanks for any help you can offer!

-Slipper
_____________________________ ________________________
Air Force pilots regards Navy carrier pilots:
"Next time a war is decided by how well you land on a carrier, I'm sure our Navy will clean up. Until then, I'll worry about who spends their training time flying and fighting."

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Training Film Formats
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:23:20 PM »
No idea on other formats but only Aces High will recognize and play .ahf films, to my knowledge. Films in .ahf format need the game for stuff to be displayed.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Imaslipper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:30:34 PM »
That's what I figured. Unless someone has recorded their sorties with other programs I am unaware of how to do it. So hopefully someone can give me different formatted videos.
"Next time a war is decided by how well you land on a carrier, I'm sure our Navy will clean up. Until then, I'll worry about who spends their training time flying and fighting."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 08:34:22 PM »
the film viewer has the ability to convert the film into other formats unless that option was removed from teh film viewer during some update.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 08:38:20 PM »
The film viewer converter is a bitproblematical. Some people get it to work ok other not so much.

Most people that want to post to YouTube or save in other formats will use a video capture software like FRAPS. Once saved as an AVI there are a number of programs you can use to convert them to something you can use on your IPOD. As you can see there are a number of step and programs that need to be used so not many people take the time to convert them.

Offline Imaslipper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 08:41:37 PM »
Ok unless someone has already done it I'll just have to try it myself! Thanks though

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 08:47:04 PM »
A bit off topic but I hope you realize that the advantage to using the film viewer is that you can watch the film from different aircraft and external viewpoints. You can also turn on trails to help you visualize the progression of the fight. This will help you more than just watching from the cockpit view.

Offline Imaslipper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 08:51:44 PM »
Yeah I know I just figured any videos already formatted would show trails or at least be narrated

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 07:09:43 AM »
I made a comprehensive set of training videos for absolute beginners. (I used them to train Boy Scouts last year, as they prepared for their "Aviation" merit badge.) There are 2 ways to view them:

1 of 2: On my website here: http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Training/AcesHighTrainingByPeabodyPage01Full.htm

or

2 of 2: They are all on Youtube.  The first of the 28 chapters is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wza3hmYnMDk

If you just do a search on Youtube for "Aces High Training", you'll easily find them.

I'm not sure if anything this basic will help you, though. As I said, they are for absolute beginners. Maybe the last few chapters will be good for you.

Offline Imaslipper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 07:15:11 AM »
Ha yes they are. Very well done though looks like a lot of work. I'm gonna see if I can somehow convert my videos if not. You'll probably see me back on here.

Offline Imaslipper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 09:39:41 AM »
Yeah i've had no such luck. I've successfully converted it to .avi or so it says. But when i try to use a program that can play .avi its not able to render it. Which probably has something to do with the converter. So again if anyone has anything I can use please message back or pm me!