Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 47847 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« on: January 30, 2011, 01:52:03 PM »
Welcome all to BaldEagl's SIXTH TRI-ANNUAL ACES HIGH ONE-ON-ONE DUELING BRACKET CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT.  The moment of truth has arrived.

The roster as it stands is:

In-Game   -   BBs      
Competitors

?   -   ink       
4Fox   -   Fox      
AAJagerX   -   AAJagerX      
Ace8   -   STXAce8      
akELFY   -   DOUG       
AKZoney   -   Zoney      
Amaze   -   Amaazee      
ARSNishi    -   ARSNishi       
Assi   -   L0nGb0w      
B6Pacman -   Plawranc       
BaldEagl   -   BaldEagl   - Administrator
batfinkv   -   mechanic       
Bearkats   -   Husky01      
Bergie   -   wareagle83      
Boo   -   mthrockmor      
Bosco   -   Bosco123      
bunnies   -   Ardy123       
Canacka   -   canacka      
Changeup -   Changeup      
dedalos   -   dedalos      
dmgod   -   dmgod      
Doomsday -   dhart      
DrBone   -   DrBone1      
DrSpek   -   ACE      
GowGows   -   pigslilspaz      
haxxor   -   dkff49    - Review Committee
IrishOne    -   IrishOne       
JackRaid   -   JackRaid      
Jekyll   -   The Jekyll      
JOACH1M   -   JOACH1M      
Jolly22   -   jolly22      
JUGgler   -   JUGgler      
JunkyII   -   JunkyII      
Krupnski   -   Krupinski      
L0nGb0w   -   L0nGb0w       
madda   -   maddafinga      
Melvin   -   Melvin      
MickyD   -   MickDono      
nrshida   -   nrshida      
Penguin   -   Penguin      
perdweeb -   perdue3      
Princess   -   mensa180      
Reaper90   -   Reaper90      
SEseph   -   SEseph      
SF   -   --)SF----      
Shark60   -   truss51      
shiv   -   shiv      
Simon   -   Simon      
Slash27   -   Slash27      
SQUAT2   -   SQUAT!      
Sukov   -   kilo2      
SunsFan   -   sunfan1121      
SWneo   -   infowars      
TC   -   TequilaChaser - Review Committee
TheMaj   -   TheMaj      
tiag   -   tiag      
Tomcat21 -   Tomcat21      
Tongs   -   SPKmes      
TwinTail   -   TwinTail      
Vinkman    -   Vinkman       
waystin2   -   waystin2      

Non-Competitors            
kilz    -   kilz    -   Review Committee
TnDep   -   TnDep   -   Review Committee Alternate

Please post if I've gotten something wrong.  The roster and the bracket are by in-game name.  Simply reference the roster to get the players BBs name so you can coordinate your duels.  Don't forget the posting deadlines to avoid a random draw to see who advances if you're having trouble getting you duels arranged.

Once again thank you to the review committee volunteers.

And without further ado, here's the initial bracket.  Good luck to all:

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 01:54:07 PM »
And here's a repost of the rules for reference:

- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names produced by a random number generator in MS Excel.
- If the number of players exceeds a full round I will work them into the bracket although they will have to fly one more round than other players.  They will be chosen randomly and disbursed evenly through pre-selected slots in the bracket to achieve balance at the nearest bracket root(s).
- If a player changes their in-game or BBs name during the tournament they must either post that change in the bracket and results thread or PM me with the change.
- Duels must be arranged between the players by PM, IM, e-mail or other means to take place by noon CST/CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duels will be best of three until the quarterfinal round.  From the quarterfinal round forward all duels will be best of five.
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all available fighter and fighter/attack aircraft (except the Me163 and Me262).  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- During the elimination rounds the loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  This allows the loser to pick his/her best aircraft to get back into contention and if it goes three rounds each player will have had one plane selection.  From the quarterfinals forward the player who is behind in the series chooses the next duel aircraft.  This means they could choose as many as three times consecutively to try to get back into contention (they lose the first and second duels then win the third making it 1-2 and get to choose for the third time for instance).  If the series becomes tied at any point then the loser of the last duel chooses.
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duels will be 25% fuel load out with player’s choice of gun package and convergence.
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  In addition all players shall observe a 10K ceiling and floor (within reason) at all times prior to the merge.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- In the case of a collision:
   * If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
   * If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same planes.
- Ditching or bailing constitutes forfeiture of the duel.
- The intent is for players to remain in close proximity to one another (2-3K max).  That said if at any time the players lose icon range on one another the duel ends immediately and will be re-started using the same planes.  This should allow a dueler to simply turn away from a runner to nullify the duel.
- If an uninvited third party interrupts the duel the duel is immediately ended and will be re-started using the same plane.  The dueling participants may move to another mutually agreed upon set of fields in the DA in this instance.
- Once one player has been shot down and the other receives a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.
- If a player disco's the duel will be re-fought in the same planes as soon as the discoing player re-logs.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose the duel series by default.  A second disco by the same player in a duel series will result in forfeiture of the remaining duels in that series.
- If a player experiences technical and/or equipment issues the duel will continue.  After the duel that player will be allowed fifteen minutes to correct such issues and re-log to complete any remaining duels in the series.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose any remaining duels by default.
- Both players will film all duels from take-off in case of a dispute.  These films must be saved until at least noon on the Tuesday following the duel or until 48 hours after the end of any granted extension in case of a dispute.  If a dispute arises then they must be saved until such dispute is settled.
- Films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from the quarter final round forward for the viewing pleasure of the community.  Films may be posted during earlier rounds if both participants agree.
- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

The loser posting is a means to verify that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results but they will be deemed contested and films will be required to verify the win.
- This information must be posted by no later than 12:00 noon CST/CDT (as appropriate) Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket so that I can get the brackets updated and re-posted on Sunday afternoon/evening.
- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfeit the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a message confirming the arranged duel time and a screenshot of the DA roster showing that the opponent is a no show no later than 12:00 noon CDT Sunday following posting of the updated bracket.
- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in the Bracket and Results thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance, provided their post was at least 48 hours prior to the round closing deadline. If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, if neither player posts, or if a single player posts inside the 48 hour window then a random draw will determine which player advances. 
- Each player has the opportunity to review films of their duels for potential rules violations.  If a player suspects a rules violation they can petition the review committee via PM.  Both regular and alternate committee members, the tournament administrator and the opposing player must be copied on the petition (the review committee members, alternates and administrator are listed in the roster).  This petition must be filed by the regular deadlines.  The player must include a posting of their own films with the petition along with a description of what they believe the rules violation to be.  An initial determination will be made within 36 hours of the petition.  If the review committee finds sufficient evidence to further their investigation a committee spokesperson will contact the opposing player for their films of the duels.  These films must be submitted within 36 hours of the committee's request or the duel(s) in question will be forfeit by that player.  The review committee will then make a final determination no later than 36 hours after receiving those films.  The review committee may overturn posted results.  If a clean determination of a winner cannot be made the review committee will determine an appropriate course of action which could include a rematch, a random draw or the expulsion of one or both players from the tournament.  These stated actions are not intended to limit the actions that the review committee might recommend.  The review committee's determination will be final.  In any case a final determination will be posted by no later than midnight Thursday in a worst-case scenario.  If a final determination is not posted by noon Wednesday the winner of the dispute and their next opponent will automatically be given a 48 hour extension of their next duels, which must then be completed no later than noon Tuesday of the following week.  If a determination is made by noon Wednesday the normal noon Sunday deadline will be in effect.  Because this could delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.
- Violations of the official tournament rules as stated could constitute grounds for expulsion from the tournament.
- Any player caught breaking the rules twice in any tournament will be automatically ejected from the tournament.
- The initial bracket will be posted on Sunday, January 30 and each Sunday thereafter until a winner has been determined.

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 01:55:12 PM »
Zoney PM me a good time <S>

DrSpek
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 03:16:08 PM »
TheMaj pm me anytime bud lets get it setup  :salute :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 03:17:49 PM »
Why am I always given the Spit as my first ride, Eagle have you been looking in my hanger... :rolleyes:

PM Sent to LongBow  :cheers:

:salute

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 03:19:59 PM by Amaazee »
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 03:45:16 PM »
PM for time seseph, just came of vacation so ima be rusty!
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 04:26:54 PM »
PM sent to Simon
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 04:57:39 PM »
PM Sent to nrshida 
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »
Hello Ink,

I know you are in the process of a move Sir.  We can just play it by ear and run it to the last possible minute if necessary.  Please keep me updated via PM.  My best time to fly is after 8:30 PM EDT most nights.  Looking forward to it!

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline themaj

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 06:15:09 PM »
pm sent  :salute
Jagdgeschwader 54 Grünherz

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »
Sukov went 2-0

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 03:42:26 AM »
Way-I am on phone so I cant even PM ya haha, but wednesday I head home, its 1600 miles :-0, but my buddy FLOTSOM is all hooked up and once im in nh we can get a night down, I  will be bringing my whole setup to his house, I cant fly on his lol, buttons are all wierd.....whats our plane? I cant see the bracket.....see ya in the air<S>

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 05:52:34 AM »
And yet another bracket where I go down first round!  Of all people, not only do I get to fight a squaddie, but it ends up being Batty!  :lol :cry
71 Squadron RAF

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 07:02:54 AM »
Way-I am on phone so I cant even PM ya haha, but wednesday I head home, its 1600 miles :-0, but my buddy FLOTSOM is all hooked up and once im in nh we can get a night down, I  will be bringing my whole setup to his house, I cant fly on his lol, buttons are all wierd.....whats our plane? I cant see the bracket.....see ya in the air<S>

We got the Russian Gnat, the I-16.  Should be fun... :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 07:35:31 AM »
And here's a repost of the rules for reference:

-The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

just a reminder of how BaldEagl wants the results posted  :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC