Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 49393 times)

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2011, 09:27:06 AM »
Mossie6-winner Melvin
Bf109G-14- winner Melvin in a very close fight.

:salute good luck to all of you guys in the bracket.
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2011, 09:29:08 AM »
Awesome 109 fight Ace.

Seriously, I had a 12 year old reverse me and get me to pass through his sights. I was both shocked and impressed.  :salute
See Rule #4

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2011, 09:33:44 AM »
Awesome 109 fight Ace.

Seriously, I had a 12 year old reverse me and get me to pass through his sights. I was both shocked and impressed.  :salute
:salute Melvin
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2011, 09:38:42 AM »
Around two hours to go and the following duels are not in yet:

JUGgler
Brewster
Assi

SWneo
Bf 109G-6
JunkyII

Princess
Typhoon Mk I
Penguin

Doomsday
P-47N
SF

GowGows
FM2
IrishOne

Bosco
Seafire Mk II
ARSNishi

Looks like we could be headed toward a lot of random draws.

We also currently have a completed duel that will be disputed if the loser doesn't post results:

Melvin
Mosq Mk VI
Ace8

And here I thought things were going along smoothly during our first week.   :rolleyes:
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »
Scratch that last one.  Posted while I was typing.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2011, 11:09:48 AM »
Been in consistent contact with Penguin, we've made arrangements but the first time we both goofed.  We were supposed to meet at 10:30 CST today, but he's no where to be found.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2011, 12:05:42 PM »
Way- sux bro I know ya woulda rather fought for the win or loss........hopefully by time the next one rolls around ill be there.....

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »
OK, so I have only been these boards for a few months and I am learning there is a protocol. I have read the rules and hope this question is not seen as 'hijacking' this thread, it is a question. If inappropriate just let me know and I will delete this.

I enjoyed my quick trip in and out of the brackets. What about creating a dueling league? Have people sign up, put people into 4-6 divisions of 4-10 players each. Everyone has to fight everyone at least once, depending on how many players per division. Then when division play is over top two or three players per division move onto a playoff. Just a thought but one and done isn't enough. (I know, if my 1v1 skills were better...) I'll wait until next year but don't want to wait that long.

Let me add I am not complaining about this bracket at all. I am going to follow it closely and appreciate the time and effort putting it together. This is great!

Again, if this post is out of order let me know and I will delete it.

Warmest,
Boo
 :salute
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2011, 06:37:57 PM »
nothing wrong with your post, Boo

in the past there have been several different tournament type events.....

BaldEagl started this event a lil while ago of his own doing and as it states this is the 6th installment of this dueling bracket... it comes around every several months ( as to the name of it  Tri-annual  it is held 3 times a year )

before this, Saurkraut used to host the 1 vs 1 Dueling Ladder, and even a 2 vs 2 dueling Ladder which not too many were willing to keep it going....
the 1 vs 1 Ladder went on for a good bit..... but just like BaldEagl's tri-annual Dueling Bracket... SaurKraut's  Dueling Ladder was an "AH Player hosted event" unlike the HTC's "Aces High King of the Hill" Tournament, which is held twice a month and has a Tournament of Champions at years end....

before SaurKraut's dueling Ladder, there was even an earlier dueling ladder..... if my memory serves me correctly, I believe it was either "heater" or "Laz" who hosted that one.... I may have my player's mixed up though that was heck 10 or so years ago.....

If enough people wish for such a "Singles Dueling League" then they can make a thread and wish for such in the "wishlist forum".. maybe one day HTC might bring it to Aces High...... or more so, maybe the Aces High CM Staff will bring it, if enough people are asking for it..

some of the  HTC "Aces High Hosted"  events are FSO, SnapShots, KOTH, Scenarios, AHXRL, SEC, Squad Dueling League, and others

http://www.ahevents.org/

hope this helps
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:42:19 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2011, 07:52:38 PM »
Three cheers for the Aces High Training Corps.

HURRA!

HURRA!

HURRA!
See Rule #4

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2011, 08:42:43 PM »
Not sure why Doomsday hasn't posted yet...
but these were our results

SF (p47n)
SF (p51b)

post edit- here's the films

http://www.mediafire.com/?4b

http://www.mediafire.com/?ab
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:09:54 PM by --)SF---- »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »
Here we are at the end of the first week.  Congratulations to those who advanced through the first round.  I hope that everyone had as much fun as I did.  I had a few great fights with Vinkman and he seems like a great guy.   :salute again Vinkman.  If you went down fast and hard don't let it get to you.  I did the same my first two or three tourneys but the last three have all been really fun and really good fights even though I still have never advanced out of the first round.

On to business.  I delayed updating this today to try to give everyone that hadn't dueled yet a reasonable chance to get their duels in.  Alas, the show must go on.

The following duels were not completed and neither player posted in this forum prior to the noon Friday deadline for posting, therefore a winner was determined by random draw to advance.  The player with the asterisk (*) next to their name won the random draw and advances to the second round:

JUGgler *
Brewster
Assi

SWneo
Bf 109G-6
JunkyII *

GowGows *
FM2
IrishOne 

The following duel did not happen but Bosco posted in this thread prior to the noon Friday deadline giving his opponent ample time to respond, therefore Bosco advances by forfiet:

Bosco
Seafire Mk II
ARSNishi

The following duel did not happen but I was copied on extensive correspondence between the players and am granting an extension until 10:00 PM CST Tuesday, February 8 (it would be noon but I don't get home from work until 10:00 PM or later).

Princess
Typhoon Mk I
Penguin

The following Duel is disputed as the loser did not post the results.  SF, we'll need you to post the films by midnight tomorrow, Monday February 11 and the review committee will have until noon Tuesday to validate the win.  I'll post the next match-up around 10:00 PM CST Wednesday.

Doomsday
P-47N
SF

None of the above outlined situations will require a delay of the next match-ups so a few of you will have a short week to get your next duels in.

So here's the updated bracket.  I'll post the final match-ups as the issues outlined above are resolved.  Good luck in Elimination Round 2.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2011, 10:21:07 PM »
Whenever you are ready Slash  :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2011, 10:28:36 PM »
Maybe tomorrow night? Will be late though.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2011, 10:42:03 PM »
Maybe tomorrow night? Will be late though.
rgr bud   :salute :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.