Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 47875 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #360 on: February 20, 2011, 02:21:09 PM »
I understand, I didn't mean to be rude. Absolutely family first. I was just looking forward to our fights. I know you must travel in the week for business.

Pm me when you are free to duel afterwards.

:salute Changeup
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #361 on: February 20, 2011, 03:36:17 PM »
I was looking forward to watching Changeup vs Nrshida...  :(

When are you free next week, Shida?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #362 on: February 20, 2011, 10:13:34 PM »
I understand, I didn't mean to be rude. Absolutely family first. I was just looking forward to our fights. I know you must travel in the week for business.

Pm me when you are free to duel afterwards.

:salute Changeup

Oh, I didn't think you were rude at all...we will make it happen and then you and I can work the rest of the "if we'd have fought" bracket out on our own.  That way one of us would have won the whole bracket, right? lol

:salute
NrShida
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #363 on: February 20, 2011, 10:46:49 PM »
Well, we've gone from 61 pilots down to eight and this is where the rubber meets the road for some of the best duelers/pilots in the game.  Once again an unusually large number of forfeits for this late stage but I'm glad to see that those who couldn't work it out stepped up and forfeited so we could keep things moving.   :salute to you and I'm sure we all hope to see you next time.

The eight remaining have made the quarterfinals; no small feat considering the diversity of aircraft and pilots presented and the short window to be your best through each elimination round.  But like I said, this is where the rubber meets the road.  From now on it's best of five with modified plane selection rules.  Make sure you know the selection rules going into these rounds.  The winner of each duel set is also required to post the films of your duels.  Don't forget.

Congratulations to everyone that's made it this far.  I'll speak for the community in that we're all expecting to watch films of some great fights from here forward.  Good luck.

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #364 on: February 20, 2011, 10:56:32 PM »
Juggler shoot me a PM.  I would like to get this in early may be busy late in week.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #365 on: February 20, 2011, 11:34:49 PM »
Hey Bald, what are the modified plane selection rules now?  I looked on the first page and  didn't see different plane rules for the semis. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #366 on: February 20, 2011, 11:43:59 PM »
Hey Bald, what are the modified plane selection rules now?  I looked on the first page and  didn't see different plane rules for the semis. 
Instead of best two of three it's best three of five...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #367 on: February 20, 2011, 11:45:47 PM »
Instead of best two of three it's best three of five...

Yeah I got that, but it's still loser pick the next plane and everything else is the same right?  Or are there different rules on plane selection too?
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #368 on: February 20, 2011, 11:49:21 PM »
Yeah I got that, but it's still loser pick the next plane and everything else is the same right?  Or are there different rules on plane selection too?
They are the same
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #369 on: February 21, 2011, 12:21:22 AM »
Yeah I got that, but it's still loser pick the next plane and everything else is the same right?  Or are there different rules on plane selection too?

They are the same

No, they are not.  From the rules:

From the quarterfinals forward the player who is behind in the series chooses the next duel aircraft.  This means they could choose as many as three times consecutively to try to get back into contention (they lose the first and second duels then win the third making it 1-2 and get to choose for the third time for instance).  If the series becomes tied at any point then the loser of the last duel chooses.

Note in the example given that even though the player won the last duel they still get to pick again because they are behind in the series.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:27:11 AM by BaldEagl »

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #370 on: February 21, 2011, 12:24:32 AM »
From the quarterfinals forward the player who is behind in the series chooses the next duel aircraft.  This means they could choose as many as three times consecutively to try to get back into contention (they lose the first and second duels then win the third making it 1-2 and get to choose for the third time for instance).  If the series becomes tied at any point then the loser of the last duel chooses.

Why isn't it that way throughout the bracket?  Seems to makes sense, as it'd be a better fight overall.

EDIT:  Wasn't trying to be insulting or anything.  It does seem that the guy that wins the first round holds a significant advantage.  I'd love to see it be best of 5 the whole way through.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:28:44 AM by AAJagerX »
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #371 on: February 21, 2011, 12:29:14 AM »
Why isn't it that way throughout the bracket?  Seems to makes sense, as it'd give a better fight overall.

Because you can never get behind and not have plane choice without losing the series.

Lose one, pick a plane, lose the second and the series is over.  Win the second and the series is tied and the loser gets to pick.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #372 on: February 21, 2011, 12:32:32 AM »
Because you can never get behind and not have plane choice without losing the series.

Lose one, pick a plane, lose the second and the series is over.  Win the second and the series is tied and the loser gets to pick.

So why go to best of five then? 

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #373 on: February 21, 2011, 12:50:08 AM »
So why go to best of five then? 
The sticks get weeded out, so the expierenced sticks fight in quarters. To make the fights more fun and equal he made then best of five.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #374 on: February 21, 2011, 01:08:16 AM »
The sticks get weeded out, so the expierenced sticks fight in quarters. To make the fights more fun and equal he made then best of five.

Not all that important, but I wasn't asking you.  BE's response is the only one that matters.  
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:33:31 AM by AAJagerX »