Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 47861 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #690 on: March 15, 2011, 08:40:50 AM »
This kid had two weeks to figure out what was wrong with his films and he waited until after the duels to post a thread in the Bugs forum?  Either he is completely disrespectful of the rules, an ultramaroon, or something ain’t legit.  All of those scenarios suck. 

I remember when Lazer was DQ’d because he posted that he only had until Friday to arrange a duel and then the other guy waited until Friday was past and posted.  The other guy had zero hours in game and Lazer had hours and hours proving he was online at all sorts of times but THE RULES WERE THE RULES DAMMIT.  That’s just one example...

I don’t want Spek DQ’d but the duels should be refought once he gets his films working if for no other reason than to teach the squirt to be respectful of the terms that everyone agreed to at the beginning of the tournament.  I’m sure Shuffler and Fugitive agree with me on this. 

I'll send films from god mode to film dudes, I know it doesn't show his views but it's just as good
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #691 on: March 15, 2011, 08:44:46 AM »
Your cm view shows more then just the tower?

Lucky
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #692 on: March 15, 2011, 08:45:26 AM »
This kid had two weeks to figure out what was wrong with his films and he waited until after the duels to post a thread in the Bugs forum?  Either he is completely disrespectful of the rules, an ultramaroon, or something ain’t legit.  All of those scenarios suck.  

I remember when Lazer was DQ’d because he posted that he only had until Friday to arrange a duel and then the other guy waited until Friday was past and posted.  The other guy had zero hours in game and Lazer had hours and hours proving he was online at all sorts of times but THE RULES WERE THE RULES DAMMIT.  That’s just one example...

I don’t want Spek DQ’d but the duels should be refought once he gets his films working if for no other reason than to teach the squirt to be respectful of the terms that everyone agreed to at the beginning of the tournament.  I’m sure Shuffler and Fugitive agree with me on this.  

Im interested to see if Krup thinks that something was not legit, after all his opinion is the only one that matters here. ( and the review committee of course.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:01:12 AM by MickDono »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #693 on: March 15, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
Sunbat,

You speak of respect like you hold the high ground yet call Spec a "kid" and "squirt". :rolleyes:

For those of you who don't know him personally, he's computer inept and anything other than turning the computer either on or off requires some sort of assistance from Bruv or I.

I feel Spec showed true sportsmanship for allowing a redo of the Spitfire Mk. XVI round, in a final no less, after Krup noobed it and blacked out on the merge.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:12:25 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #694 on: March 15, 2011, 08:55:18 AM »
Sunbat,

You speak of respect like you hold the high ground but call Spec a "kid" and "squirt". :rolleyes:

Those are not disrespectful terms.  He is behaving badly so they are appropriate.  Duh.   :rolleyes:

He had two weeks to get it figured out or at least make an effort and he just blew it off after mutliple requests.  Kid and squirt are nice terms.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #695 on: March 15, 2011, 09:13:18 AM »
Sunbat,

You speak of respect like you hold the high ground yet call Spec a "kid" and "squirt". :rolleyes:

For those of you who don't know him personally, he's computer inept and anything other than turning the computer either on or off requires some sort of assistance from Bruv or I.

I feel Spec showed true sportsmanship for allowing a redo of the Spitfire Mk. XVI round, in a final no less, after Krup noobed it and blacked out on the merge.
Sorry we try to stay away from dweeb rides....just sayin'
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #696 on: March 15, 2011, 09:14:31 AM »
blacking out is noobing it, no matter what plane your in  :aok

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #697 on: March 15, 2011, 09:23:07 AM »
It's disrespectful to refer to someone who you're not closely associated with by anything other than their name... :rolleyes:

As I understand it, Spec did indeed search for help for his film issue through the squad. The problem was only highlighted once Bruv was able to access his machine; being that Bruv was busy moving for the last two weeks he couldn't have done it any sooner.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Online waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #698 on: March 15, 2011, 09:52:30 AM »
The rules were not followed.  Dispute it Krup. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #699 on: March 15, 2011, 09:53:08 AM »
It's disrespectful to refer to someone who you're not closely associated with by anything other than their name... :rolleyes:

As I understand it, Spec did indeed search for help for his film issue through the squad. The problem was only highlighted once Bruv was able to access his machine; being that Bruv was busy moving for the last two weeks he couldn't have done it any sooner.

So his only recourse was his own squad?  Sorry, that's BS.  There are multiple avenues and resources to address a problem like this within this communtity.  He should use his resourcefulness to solve his problems.  This is a valuable lesson for kids these days to learn.  

BTW, where I come from, kid and squirt are terms of endearment.  Get your hurt feelings under control for crying out loud.  You Brits have thicker skin than that.  
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #700 on: March 15, 2011, 09:54:25 AM »
Get your hurt feelings under control for crying out loud.  

the irony is strong in this post

My advice to Spek & The Few crew...ignore the whiners, it's between Spek and Krupinski and Bald Eagle to deal with

Excellence breeds envy and you've obviously got a few sandy vaginas following you around trying to drag you down to their level
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:59:33 AM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #701 on: March 15, 2011, 09:59:26 AM »

We were all on vent, he knows quite well that they were fair fights.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #702 on: March 15, 2011, 10:02:21 AM »

+1  He is without excuse. I am completely impartial in this, I wasn't in the tourney and am not in Krup's squad.  I could care less about who won.  I do have a problem with rules being blatantly ignored after several prior warnings.  This is not good for this community.  If BE cares about the AH community and his tournament, he will not allow this flagrant violation. 
AoM

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #703 on: March 15, 2011, 10:03:51 AM »
 :rofl this is too funny

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #704 on: March 15, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »
the irony is strong in this post

My advice to Spek & The Few crew...ignore the whiners, it's between Spek and Krupinski and Bald Eagle to deal with

Excellence breeds envy and you've obviously got a few sandy vaginas following you around trying to drag you down to their level

Why not just apply to join them, you don't have to lick butt first   :P

The fact of the matter is quite simple. Films are required to verify the results and spek has failed to verify his results more than once.
No one is saying he definitely cheated in the fights. But that is what it looks like.  
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.