Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 47852 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #720 on: March 15, 2011, 10:35:46 AM »
Well, to my mind you either apply the rules meticulously throughout, or not.

You certainly don't get to pick and choose when it's OK to follow the rules, or not. Maybe Bald Eagle does as it's his tourney :)  

By your logic it'd be fine for Spek (or Krupinski) to have cheated their way to the final, as long as they play fair in the last round...

Various people raised the issue privately with review commitee in the last round spek failed to provide films in. Being 'classy' as micky says. Now it's over, so why not get it in the open?

You mark my words people. The Few squadron is on it's last legs. Soon enough it will be gone and forgotten.

cya!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #721 on: March 15, 2011, 10:39:03 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #722 on: March 15, 2011, 10:42:05 AM »
I do want to qualify my previous stement.  I am in no way implying cheating in the tourney.  I am confident though that the films have not been posted by the winner(rule), and that the fights were not completed by the required deadline time(rule).  So rules have been violated.  I am confident that Bald and his reviewers will rule fairly and appropriately on this matter.
Krup was getting quite mad Spek wasn't making an effort to get the duels in on time....

Just sayin'

Isn't it the other way around, innocent until proven guilty?

Yes but anyone can call the cops on someone...Where is BE when you need him.

My opinion Bat isn't making a bad point, neither is Sunbat. They didn't say he cheated, just stated that the rules do say they have to post their films. I know Spek and Krup could go back and forth all day in 1v1s and probably be about even at the end of the day, but BE needs to run his tourneys the way he set the standard to at the start or else he will lose the group of competitors he has recruited so far.

Micky,
Krup can make the majority of your squad look like noobs everyday of the week and twice on sunday...you all talk about respect...show some...then get some
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #723 on: March 15, 2011, 10:44:54 AM »
i wonder if we'd be seeing this level of spiteful BS in this thread from The Few, if things had turned out differently and Spek lost  :headscratch:

you can tell a lot more about character from how people conduct themselves after a loss than a win, imho

edit: i'll just change my sig to 'The Few anklehumper' now, shall I? :<
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #724 on: March 15, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »
Nobody has said anything about cheating in this case.  The rules are the rules though.  They must be followed.  Having said that, the tough reality of life is that birds of a feather flock together and you are judged by your associations.  Spek is a member of a squad who behaved less than honorably in KOTH.  This is another teachable moment.  Now we have two for the kiddo, one is to be resourceful and the other is that you are judged by your associations.  So much can be learned from toon life.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #725 on: March 15, 2011, 10:46:41 AM »

Micky,
Krup can make the majority of your squad look like noobs everyday of the week and twice on sunday...you all talk about respect...show some...then get some

he made me look like one in our fight, i dont dispute that.  And spek made him look like one last night. goes both ways.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 10:49:10 AM by MickDono »

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #726 on: March 15, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »
lol whats with using auto film?  works for me everytime and if and heres the big IF  if i knew i was having troubles with the autofilm i would of hit alt-r and manually recorded it, the funtions right there to use there's no excuse not to use it if knowing your autofilm isnt working, as far as the film from god mode that means nothing nor does it show pilots views, far as im concerned final round was a wash
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #727 on: March 15, 2011, 10:54:41 AM »
he made me look like one in our fight, i dont dispute that.  And spek made him look like one last night. goes both ways.

really he did?  wow wish i could see the films to make that call, oh wait theres no films how convenient again

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #728 on: March 15, 2011, 10:55:40 AM »
really he did?  wow wish i could see the films to make that call, oh wait theres no films how convenient again

plenty of films, just not from speks seat.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #729 on: March 15, 2011, 11:01:29 AM »

and here lies the reason we have a problem, films from 200 other players means jack diddly squat, you know that mick, winners films are requested as per say the rules, what else is there not to understand about that, its to the point of maybe a redo is in order and all this BS just brings a shady light to BE's great tourney which is not what anyone wants, BE takes the time to do this for us and how we repay him is by following his RULES

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #730 on: March 15, 2011, 11:05:10 AM »
I understand just fine :)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #731 on: March 15, 2011, 11:09:45 AM »

Excellence breeds envy and you've obviously got a few sandy vaginas following you around trying to drag you down to their level
I was hoping a n00b bellybutton kisser would weigh in. Thank you sir :salute

Given the rules , do you think that's a non-issue?

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #732 on: March 15, 2011, 11:13:05 AM »
Your squad got caught cheating in koth and laughed it off.

Heard about that.  :noid

Just a curiosity, if the films rule is really just a suggestion, what other rules are OK to ignore?
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #733 on: March 15, 2011, 11:21:15 AM »
This is where I stand on the matter at hand. If Krup feels he was hard done by then I would absolutely support his decision to contest the rule breach. However, I don't like other people throwing out blind accusations of Spec "using F3 mode to shoot" with no supporting evidence.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:23:24 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #734 on: March 15, 2011, 11:23:07 AM »
This is where I stand on the matter at hand. If Krup feels he was hard done by then I would absolutely support his decision to contest the rule breach. However, I just don't like other people throwing out blind accusations of Spec "using F3 mode to shoot" with no supporting evidence.

This.