Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 47969 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #825 on: March 15, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »
CNN? Wordsmith? come on Sunbat your clutching at straws here bud. Well lets step into the real world here, its a game theres a lot of RL stuff that needs taken care of, not everyone takes the game as seriously as others or has that much time to devote to it, and not everyone is handy with a PC.

Yes rules are rules but at the end of the day the only harm that has been done is denying the community the opportunity to watch the fights from Speks point of view.

Personally I think to have a rematch between 2 evenly matched pilots like Krup and Spek would turn the tournament into a sham.The rules are the rules but I think some rules are more important than others for example you wouldn't expect to go to jail for 20 years for breaking the speed limit as you would with say ...murder? no. Its not like theres no film, there is just not from Spek's view I see no reason for him not to supply a film to gain an advantage, so if he says he is having problems with saving films I'm inclined to believe him.

If I had been beaten in the final fairly I wouldn't want another shot at it on a 'technicality' it would be a worthless victory, but thats just me.  :salute

And wtg spek and krup on some awesome fights to get there  :salute

ps how you are calling him a liar

Spek "Sorry I don't know whats wrong my films won't save"

Sunbat "something ain’t legit"

Hes telling you that his films don't save, your implying something 'ain't legit' in other words that hes being deceitful or basically a liar.

You see he has told you that a good many times yet you still won't believe him  ;)

You are right, I called him a liar.  That part of the argument is really just me stirring the pot noodle.  I think I have also said in a few posts that I don't think he did do anything amiss - of course then in the next post I am stirring the pot noodle again.  It's mainly for my own entertainment, you can ignore that part.  The part that deeply disturbs and alarms me is the fact that the rules were not followed.  As you can see from my post back in January, I took the rules seriously enough to hire a team of lawyers to advise me on whether or not I should participate:

I'm having a team of lawyers review the rules and brief me on their findings. If they can complete this monumental task prior to Sunday, I will sign up if they should so advise.

The review and interpretation of such extensive rules actually caused a split in the law-firm that I had hired and they were therefore unable to give me thier advice before the sign-up deadline. As you can see, I take these things very seriously and so should Spek.  

And since we are bringing up old quotes, here’s one of my faves:

My Marine boy friend is stationed in Hawaii, but he's halfway through his tour right now.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #826 on: March 15, 2011, 06:58:29 PM »
You could always check the hd of whoever was flying on his account...maybe the films are there.

:angel:
-AoM-

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #827 on: March 15, 2011, 07:02:51 PM »
You could always check the hd of whoever was flying on his account...maybe the films are there.

:angel:

I bet the reason the films aren't being shared is because Kazaa accidentally pressed the mic button and said in a thick English accent something like, "Bloody hell my bra is itching me tonight."
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #828 on: March 15, 2011, 07:04:35 PM »
We have already said that F3 mode is not the issue.  If Spek were noob enough to use it, it would have been within the rules.  He is better than that at playing cartoon airplanes; he doesn't need F3 mode.  What he does need is to learn how to read and follow the rules and put forth some effort if he is unable to obey those rules.  

You guys latched onto that F3 thing quick.  Makes me wonder if it is not a red herring.  Hmmmmmm...  Now I AM beginning to wonder if something else was going on.   :headscratch:  Why are you missing the point about following the rules?  Why? Why? Why?

I understand that YOU are debating the rule breach. I felt the need to clear up "F3 gate" to the hater, simple. Nobody likes seeing a grown man throw mud at a squad mate, especially when it's just one as young as 16! At least give me this Sunbat...

Rules are rules and we, the members of The Few obied by them just like everyone else and BE's final verdict will not be contested.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #829 on: March 15, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »
I understand that YOU are debating the rule breach. I felt the need to clear up "F3 gate" to the hater, simple. Nobody likes seeing a grown man throw mud at a squad mate, especially when it's just one as young as 16! At least give me this Sunbat...

Rules are rules and we, the members of The Few obied by them just like everyone else and BE's final verdict will not be contested.

Thanks for the answer.  I figured you had me in your ignore list.  :)

Congrats on your win, btw.   :D
AoM

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #830 on: March 15, 2011, 07:08:19 PM »
wtg the few!!!
-AoM-

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #831 on: March 15, 2011, 07:09:12 PM »
I bet the reason the films aren't being shared is because Kazaa accidentally pressed the mic button and said in a thick English accent something like, "Bloody hell my bra is itching me tonight."

Lies, I fly naked. This way I have easy access when I need to rub my nips after every kill.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:17:20 PM by Kazaa »

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #832 on: March 15, 2011, 07:16:07 PM »
I don't see how a rematch will be possible since Drspek cannot film apparently.  I guess Krup will win by forfeit.   :lol

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #833 on: March 15, 2011, 07:18:33 PM »
I don't see how a rematch will be possible since Drspek cannot film apparently.  I guess Krup will win by forfeit.   :lol

WTG Krup... :rofl
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:27:20 PM by Kazaa »

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #834 on: March 15, 2011, 07:56:59 PM »
DrSpek, did you search your computer for "Films"? You know how WinX likes to save things in weird places....

I said 'Disqualify" in jest, BTW. It never occurred to me anything untoward would actually have taken place. My concern was a "The Rules are the Rules" issue. So, yes, my response would be the same no matter the victor under the same circumstances.

I think, if Krup isn't disputing anything, give the victory to Spek with an asterisk.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #835 on: March 15, 2011, 08:05:23 PM »
I don't see why it is such a big deal, if the reason for the event is to have fun. I had made it so far, I wouldn't be fighting tooth and nail about who won, I would be very humbled by the fact that I did beat 5 or so people (cause I suck).

Stop fighting about it and get back to the game, either make a rematch or accept a draw between both of you. I draw is better than 10 pages of arguing from both sides of the argument.
Strokes

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #836 on: March 15, 2011, 08:29:45 PM »
Am I  'the Hater'?

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #837 on: March 15, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »
You are right, I called him a liar.  That part of the argument is really just me stirring the pot noodle.  I think I have also said in a few posts that I don't think he did do anything amiss - of course then in the next post I am stirring the pot noodle again.  It's mainly for my own entertainment, you can ignore that part.  The part that deeply disturbs and alarms me is the fact that the rules were not followed.  As you can see from my post back in January, I took the rules seriously enough to hire a team of lawyers to advise me on whether or not I should participate:

The review and interpretation of such extensive rules actually caused a split in the law-firm that I had hired and they were therefore unable to give me thier advice before the sign-up deadline. As you can see, I take these things very seriously and so should Spek.  

And since we are bringing up old quotes, here’s one of my faves:

lol @ Bosco quote, you can't mess with the Pot Noodle only he that knows its salty secrets can ever know the truth about the Pot Noodle its the
biggest secret TheFew have, simply opening one and stirring it will only produce a tasty snack and not what your really looking for.  :D

Perhaps the films should be the least of your concerns, and the true meaning of Pot Noodle is the answer to Spek winning this tournament!

:noid :noid :noid

:noid :noid :noid

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #838 on: March 15, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 10:14:34 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #839 on: March 15, 2011, 09:04:44 PM »
I really think the peeing match in this thread will be the downfall of the dueling bracket.

I know everyone has an opinion and wants to express it. Please do but turning this into a mudslinging thread is only going to shy people away from future ones out of trying to stay away from this type of activity.

The film issue has been discussed by the review committee and BE, now BE will handle as he sees fit. Let's leave it to him and give him the benefit of the doubt since he does volunteer several hours to put this thing on and has done a very good job doing so.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave