Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 47837 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #855 on: March 16, 2011, 04:16:34 AM »
Bruv is somehow right. Noone can be sure that spek can save the films next time, then another 15 pages of flaming... Rematch only if Krup want to.
AoM
City of ice

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #856 on: March 16, 2011, 05:49:15 AM »
I think the majority of the crap posted in this thread is the same ole AoM vs. The Few that's been going on recently.  But maybe that's just me.

This is about rules being followed and that is all.  I was the Muppet doing most of the posting in this thread and I thought I made it clear with my last few posts that it was all a joke about whether or not something was truly fishy - I said I was stirring the Pot Noodle (I must unlock its secrets). I even made light of the rules in the end. If you look at the responses from the members of the Few, they obviously realized that.  Kazaa even revealed why his nipples were calloused after the poparazzi caught him sunbathing topless a week after the last time I dueled him. Now go take your Ritalin and get back to your coloring books before I put you in time out. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #857 on: March 16, 2011, 06:43:26 AM »
Bruv is somehow right. Noone can be sure that spek can save the films next time, then another 15 pages of flaming... Rematch only if Krup want to.
+1
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #858 on: March 16, 2011, 07:56:26 AM »

I can't believe I'm agreeing with someone from KN!!! What is this virtual world coming to?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #859 on: March 16, 2011, 08:01:32 AM »
You have film of the ki84 round from spek's machine.  

The other two rounds spek won, krup death stalled in the seafire and the re-done spit16 round due to spek's kindness.   No-one needs a film of someone show boating into the ground to prove anything.

Spek won it fair and square on the day, Krup knows that and we know it.  Having a rematch will only make a farce of the event whatever the new 2nd life attempt outcome is.

+1.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #860 on: March 16, 2011, 08:02:41 AM »
I can't believe I'm agreeing with someone from KN!!! What is this virtual world coming to?
2012 is just around the corner :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #861 on: March 16, 2011, 08:15:10 AM »
Wow,  :O thanks chaps for the good read this morning, unemployment was boring and about 10 pages of posts of forum rule violations made it a little less of that indeed.  :)

Thankfully I doubt that i myself will ever be good enough to get to any quarter or semi finals but the last 10 pages or so do provided a great insight into how ultra competitive you duelers guys are  :huh. I speak for myself and not the squad I very recently joined, but how heavily you guys come together to push to character assassinate a winner if said winner has any problem with an AH program saving film  :uhoh. AH Film is riddled with bugs, and I know, I try and make youtube vids from it. Often it currupts, cuts out filming, locks up, doesn't record, even on my 10 month old win 7 still gleaming (not dusty) sexy black metal and plastic PC  :). It should not be relied upon 100% to work/record for either competitors, but thats my logical informed and often frustrated opinion.

Great way to put people off taking part in this 'event', and I congratulate you trolls for not feeling a Mods/Admins rath :aok
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #862 on: March 16, 2011, 08:27:31 AM »
Rematch only if Krup want to.

Well the funny thing about rules in competitions is that the one who develops the rules and runs the competition is the one who decides how the rules will be interpreted and enforced.  The ruling has been handed down, so any further discussion is an exercise in futility.

This is a teachable moment for all of you who have a hard time understanding the way rules work.  Learn it now, otherwise you may be sitting around with a lot of time on your hands one day singing this tune:

I hear the train a comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend,
And I ain't seen the sunshine,
Since, I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Folsom Prison,
And time keeps draggin' on,
But that train keeps a-rollin',
On down to San Antone.

When I was just a baby,
My Mama told me, "Son,
Always be a good boy,
Don't ever play with guns,"
But I shot a man in Reno,
Just to watch him die,
When I hear that whistle blowin',
I hang my head and cry.

I bet there's rich folks eatin',
In a fancy dining car,
They're probably drinkin' coffee,
And smokin' big cigars,
But I know I had it comin',
I know I can't be free,
But those people keep a-movin',
And that's what tortures me.

Well, if they freed me from this prison,
If that railroad train was mine,
I bet I'd move out over a little,
Farther down the line,
Far from Folsom Prison,
That's where I want to stay,
And I'd let that lonesome whistle,
Blow my Blues away.

I’m sure Shuffler and Fugitive agree.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #863 on: March 16, 2011, 09:04:14 AM »
This is about rules being followed and that is all.  I was the Muppet doing most of the posting in this thread and I thought I made it clear with my last few posts that it was all a joke about whether or not something was truly fishy - I said I was stirring the Pot Noodle (I must unlock its secrets). I even made light of the rules in the end. If you look at the responses from the members of the Few, they obviously realized that.  Kazaa even revealed why his nipples were calloused after the poparazzi caught him sunbathing topless a week after the last time I dueled him. Now go take your Ritalin and get back to your coloring books before I put you in time out. 

I apologize, then, for either misinterpretting your posts.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #864 on: March 16, 2011, 09:20:02 AM »
Considering this is the final round and there's no pressing time issues to move onto the next round I'm going to allow a two week extension for a rematch.  That gives Spek the rest of this week to figure out the film issue and another week to re-fight the final.  No films from the winner = no win.  Period.

So let it be written, so let it be done.  The Eagle has spoken...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:22:25 AM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #865 on: March 16, 2011, 09:35:57 AM »
Don't be dragging me into this....... Even if I might have a cartoon ready for it :devil

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #866 on: March 16, 2011, 10:02:51 AM »
I must admit, my photoshop program has been open also. :lol

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #867 on: March 16, 2011, 10:07:56 AM »
So let it be written, so let it be done.  The Eagle has spoken...

Or maybe, just maybe, good sportsmanship will decide the outcome...

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #868 on: March 16, 2011, 10:16:50 AM »
Or maybe, just maybe, good sportsmanship will decide the outcome...

With all due respect Kazaa, does'nt good sportsmanship include adhering to the posted rules? :headscratch:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #869 on: March 16, 2011, 10:18:29 AM »
I think the majority of the crap posted in this thread is the same ole AoM vs. The Few that's been going on recently.  But maybe that's just me.

Hatfields and McCoys? I had no idea I was in a feud!  Who forgot to give me the memo?

Not that my opinions matter much but I fought spek in the duel and I've fought Krup, My opinion Krup is better "when he is on top of his game" but less consistent. Spek is good indeed, If not for my poor gunnery in the twit16 I would have fought TC for the spot. I think this fight is a perfect example of the ol saying: "any given sunday" At this level of experience little things such as a slight loss of confidence on Krups part after having fought a few rounds with Grizz before the duel with spek or a missed shot can weigh heavy.

The fights with spek and me were good and I don't think I noticed and "crazy" shot attempts that would indicate F3 flying. With all that said rules are rules, especially if there was a previous warning. BE is lord and master of this event so I think his ruling should be honored. I might question this thought if there had NOT been a warning! so that is my $.02

JUGgler
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:21:35 AM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets