Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 47889 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #870 on: March 16, 2011, 10:28:25 AM »

Hatfields and McCoys? I had no idea I was in a feud!  Who forgot to give me the memo?

Not that my opinions matter much but I fought spek in the duel and I've fought Krup, My opinion Krup is better "when he is on top of his game" but less consistent. Spek is good indeed, If not for my poor gunnery in the twit16 I would have fought TC for the spot. I think this fight is a perfect example of the ol saying: "any given sunday" At this level of experience little things such as a slight loss of confidence on Krups part after having fought a few rounds with Grizz before the duel with spek or a missed shot can weigh heavy.

The fights with spek and me were good and I don't think I noticed and "crazy" shot attempts that would indicate F3 flying. With all that said rules are rules, especially if there was a previous warning. BE is lord and master of this event so I think his ruling should be honored. I might question this thought if there had NOT been a warning! so that is my $.02

JUGgler

well obviously you diddnt get the other memo....now that your a Muppet your .02$ is worth........................ .......2 cents less     :D

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #871 on: March 16, 2011, 10:54:41 AM »

Trying to quote your fight with Bone where you took 50% fuel

You violated the rules. ALL fights must be with 25% fuel. You and Bone are DQ'ed. Anyone else want to fess up to using something other than 25% fuel so we can argue about that for 27 pages?

This bit of sarcasm brought as a counterpoint to the "rules must be followed blindly" crowd.
The rules are to settle disputes. Krup is not disputing he lost. Others who quote rules and imply irregularities are trolling and flame bating. This kind of nonsense is just the thing that will cause a fine fellow like BE to throw in the towel.

Who is John Galt?

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #872 on: March 16, 2011, 11:04:55 AM »
With all due respect Kazaa, does'nt good sportsmanship include adhering to the posted rules? :headscratch:

With all due respect Waystin,

Sometimes it's down to players to act on fair play. Krup was bested, he lost fair and square; You know it, he knows it, Spec knows it, the community knows it! If I were put in his shoes then I would automatically forfeit the rematch. That is unless Krup has disputed the result, which would be an absolute joke on his part.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:15:25 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #873 on: March 16, 2011, 11:15:47 AM »
With all due respect Waystin,

Sometimes it's down to players to act on fair play. Krup was bested, he lost fair and square; You know it, he knows it, Spec knows it, the communty knows it! If I were put in his shoes then I would automatically forfeit the rematch. That is unless Krup has disputed the result, which would be an absolute joke on his part.

Really does not matter what krup says now. BE HAS SPOKEN!
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #874 on: March 16, 2011, 11:20:38 AM »
You violated the rules. ALL fights must be with 25% fuel. You and Bone are DQ'ed. Anyone else want to fess up to using something other than 25% fuel so we can argue about that for 27 pages?

This bit of sarcasm brought as a counterpoint to the "rules must be followed blindly" crowd.
The rules are to settle disputes. Krup is not disputing he lost. Others who quote rules and imply irregularities are trolling and flame bating. This kind of nonsense is just the thing that will cause a fine fellow like BE to throw in the towel.

+1  :aok
Yea, simply because I can

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #875 on: March 16, 2011, 11:24:31 AM »
I wasn't joking...  :angel:
-AoM-

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #876 on: March 16, 2011, 11:27:18 AM »
Just wanted to say I was here.

Zap + Batfink = <3

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #877 on: March 16, 2011, 11:29:09 AM »
Don't be dragging me into this....... Even if I might have a cartoon ready for it :devil

:rofl

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #878 on: March 16, 2011, 11:30:32 AM »
Really does not matter what krup says now. BE HAS SPOKEN!

Yep. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #879 on: March 16, 2011, 11:31:31 AM »
only if i remembered to save those winning lottey tickets, id be rich now, oh crap the lottery rules say i have to have them to win it
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:33:07 AM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #880 on: March 16, 2011, 11:40:18 AM »
only if i remembered to save those winning lottery tickets, id be rich now, oh crap the lottery rules say i have to have them to win it

I do my lottery online, so even if I loose the print out there's still proof that I rightfully won. :aok

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:51:17 AM by Kazaa »

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #881 on: March 16, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »
I do my lottery online, so even if I loose the print out there's still proof that I rightfully won. :aok

Good thing they don't make you record film of online lottery ticket purchases....  :uhoh

:neener:

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:56:03 AM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #882 on: March 16, 2011, 12:01:27 PM »
1/10 on the funny scale.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #883 on: March 16, 2011, 12:04:42 PM »
1/10 on the funny scale.

Lighten up Francis.

FWIW, since you guys produced films I think Spek deserves 100% credit for the win that he rightfully earned.

:aok

:salute
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #884 on: March 16, 2011, 12:04:51 PM »
Here we go again. Cant stop arguing and ask the INVOLVED persons? Krup and Spek. Bald Eagle said, a rematch would be necessery. Spek said he isnt guilty. Now lets hear Krup.
AoM
City of ice