Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 47870 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #915 on: March 16, 2011, 02:15:57 PM »
Junky,

Thanks for calling me classy and lowering the tone of the discussion. I was only trying to comprehend the issue via a civil debate...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:36:05 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #916 on: March 16, 2011, 02:23:14 PM »
Junky,

Thanks for calling me classy and lowering the town of the discussion. I was only trying to comprehend the issue via a civil debate...

HOW DARE YOU BE CIVIL!
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #917 on: March 16, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »
I don't care what happens. Spek was able to come up with 3 out of the 5 films, BaldEagl makes the final call, he is the one running this, not me.

Everyone is blaming Spek and I for this/that when all I've done is post the results. He hasn't done much of anything either besides missing some films and there's no evidence of him using F3.

I'm not on anyones side, I PM'd BaldEagl and if he calls a rematch that's his word, not mine.

for·feit  (fôrft)
n.
1. Something surrendered or subject to surrender as punishment for a crime, an offense, an error, or a breach of contract.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #918 on: March 16, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »
Towns should be raised, not lowered. Katrina taught us that.  :old:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:51:37 PM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #919 on: March 16, 2011, 02:28:50 PM »
Alright pathetic twits,  you all should be ashamed, grown men getting in an ego battle about a video game.... all of you must still be virgins, nerds.

oh yeah, way to completely ruin this thread, just like you did to the sdl thread, nice.... err pathetic

BE said its going to be rematched, so it will... all that other but cake you have driveled, needs its to leave this thread. If you want to stroke each others egos, go start another thread, lets try an return this thread back to what its supposed to be about, the bracket.

I see a debate has brewed since I last checked in.  I didn't and don't have time right now to read every post that's been typed since last night but I'll address this right now.

There has been no rule against using F3 mode.  That was simply an oversight by me as I was unaware that it could be used in the DA when I wrote the initial rules.  That will be corrected for future tournaments and F3 mode will be disallowed, however, for this tournament the existing rules stand even though I frown upon the use of F3 mode.

I likely made a mistake in letting Spek get through the round with TC without posting films.  I acted on my own initiative without the consideration of the committee as TC was involved in the fight and both Kilz and TnDep's PM's bounced back to me.  In the past the committee has kept me from being too lenient and I now regret making the decision I did.  The rules do need to be upheld and I made it clear going into the final that films would be required and I will not waiver on that.  Spek had time to get his issues cleared up and figure out how to save films and was warned that they would be required.

Considering this is the final round and there's no pressing time issues to move onto the next round I'm going to allow a two week extension for a rematch.  That gives Spek the rest of this week to figure out the film issue and another week to re-fight the final.  No films from the winner = no win.  Period.

Maybe I'm being too lenient again but this is the final and as long as the rules can be followed I'd like to see it move to it's natural conclusion.

[EDIT]  I'll post a new opening plane assignment this weekend.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:32:14 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #920 on: March 16, 2011, 02:31:38 PM »
It's extremely rare for fights in KoTH to evolve outside a 1v1. I don't know how we can use teamwork when it states in the rules that everyone must gain equal seperation from the airfield and fly to the nearest enemy

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #921 on: March 16, 2011, 02:34:51 PM »
Alright pathetic twits,  you all should be ashamed, grown men getting in an ego battle about a video game.... all of you must still be virgins, nerds.

oh yeah, way to completely ruin this thread, just like you did to the sdl thread, nice.... err pathetic

BE said its going to be rematched, so it will... all that other but cake you have driveled, needs its to leave this thread. If you want to stroke each others egos, go start another thread, lets try an return this thread back to what its supposed to be about, the bracket.

Make sure you take the elevator down from your ivory tower, would not want you to get tired.

Some people need to lighten up and mellow out.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #922 on: March 16, 2011, 02:35:31 PM »
I noticed that the hater who acused Spec of cheating hasn't said a dicky bird once films from his PoV were posted. :lol :lol  :cry :rofl

Since leaving the fun of this thread I have done some archery, watched eastenders, had some dinner, had carnal joy with my misses and then slept for a good long time.
Sorry for not hanging off your every word. As far as I can see you still have not posted a film of each round anyhow.

I must admit, my photoshop program has been open also. :lol

Why waste your time? Perhaps you missed this one? That is actualy my skrawny self in the photo.

I don't think you can humiliate me anymore than I have done to myself with this picture....but you are welcome to try  :D

:cry
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #923 on: March 16, 2011, 02:36:14 PM »
Towns should be raised, not lowered. Katrina taught us that. :old

Bugger off lol.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #924 on: March 16, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
wasnt funny first time round either,  but try again, third time lucky maybe?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:38:32 PM by MickDono »

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #925 on: March 16, 2011, 02:39:13 PM »
wasnt funny first time round either,  but try again, third time lucky maybe?

I thought it was a bit funny.  :noid
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #926 on: March 16, 2011, 02:41:02 PM »
I thought it was a bit funny.  :noid

haha i thought someone would.  :noid

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #927 on: March 16, 2011, 02:46:18 PM »
If its public can I get the info (vent)?

I get ronery and like to talk about football (yours) every once in awhile.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #928 on: March 16, 2011, 03:05:32 PM »
If its public can I get the info (vent)?

I get ronery and like to talk about football (yours) every once in awhile.

we are always up for a civilised discussion about English Football.    :salute

Just don't mention Chelsea to Kaz or he may well launch a photoshop war in your direction  :uhoh

Ardy now that Krup has confirmed the winner has posted the relevant films I see no need for a rematch.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #929 on: March 16, 2011, 03:06:25 PM »
Wow...... I have been told for 4 years that F3 offers no advantage by some good pile-it's, on vox and here on the bbs.  Apparently it does, lmao.

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba