Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 47858 times)

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #1005 on: March 16, 2011, 06:14:24 PM »
Krup you stated:
I don't care what happens
Wrong, clearly you do Krup or you would have PM’d Bald eagle with no contest of the match. Two hours after you posted the results BE still had a choice and clearly posted the following:
“Krupinski, PM me with links to your films or with a no contest message and I'll make it official sometime this week.  I don't think I'm getting home much before 10:30 PM most of this week.”
At that point you had a choice to accept the fights fairly fought on both sides or you could go for the technicality and hope for a rematch. You chose to take the low road in my opinion.

BaldEagl makes the final call, he is the one running this, not me.
Wrong, the committee make the call now since your decision was to contest the fight based on a technicality. BE is the one unfortunate enough to have to inform the community of the decision of the committee.

He hasn't done much of anything either besides missing some films and there's no evidence of him using F3.
Wrong, DrSpek has done absolutely NOTHING wrong besides failed to accurately film his win at that given time of the match between the two of you. Doesn’t matter if F3 was used or not, mute point. Feel free to explain what the much of anything else might be?

I PM'd BaldEagl and if he calls a rematch that's his word, not mine.
Wrong again, it is no longer BE’s call and everyone on here now knows that. BE did have the choice when he ask you to PM him with no contest however you chose to contest the fight and it became the decision of the committee. It was your word up to the point you chose to contest. Your word would have been enough to end all of this flaming that has gone on if you had manned up and accepted that you were bested that day. You chose to put your stick in the pot and sit back as the AH community raked DrSpek over the coals. What is worse in my opinion is that Grizz was there watching the fights as well and he never once spoke up in DrSpeks defense or stated that you were bested that day, shame really.

In my opinion the committee chose poorly and took the easy route. Clearly the were influenced by the flaming going on and I would suspect PM’s they received. It is obvious because even BE chose to chime in with his opinion on the F3 mode even though it should have had absolutely nothing to do with the decision or the match.

DrSpek has certainly earned my respect as he has taken the higher road than all of us on here; period. He, and others who fly with the Few, are what makes me proud to be a member of the squad. I will be his wingman any day.

This bracket has become much to do about the “letter of the rule” than about sportsmanship and honest matches to determine who is best on any given day and time. That is sad. As a result I see not the demise of squad but instead a demise of the bracket itself. BE has put in a tremendous amount of work to set all of us up for a good match and we collectively have turned it into a flaming war of words, banter, and technicalities. Reminds me of our “no child left behind” law, our children learn nothing anymore except how to test to the test.

It all goes back to this Krup: your stick in the pot stirring the community with your assertion that somehow DrSpek could not have made the shots, they were somehow miraculous so here for all to see are the three shots that he made. It wasn’t the shots that were miraculous Krup, it was his ability at that given time to outmaneuver you and get what are clearly “makeable” shots to kill you. So, for all to see, here they are:

Rd1, prior to the shot
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/f9c3dbf2fc7a846cacc71569dec4847c43790cd94dd8d5673e3dd4773735373c6g.jpg
Rd1, after the shot
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/998f71af7a0231baf920a7f5e39edc3525711de5cb61427412386fd2d83ef1726g.jpg
Rd 3, prior to the shot
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/2788bf9e2727f09f6062c9928171492d9ddcd23c4d9a63affa98cd19f74b2c866g.jpg
Rd 3, after the shot
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/5b3bbe707a5eeebe23d49694cf08d4e080bf6b4477be69aabf46e1a67a9cc5ef6g.jpg
Rd 5, prior to the shot
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/7f9a3cf56f37f7d465f58304860da75a99e88254ab32117b7242449b7f0d2f3b6g.jpg
Rd 5, after the shot
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/779ec4096c003be8c1daad1af72e03039f6ced59e3ff0a7c83ce772f93164db76g.jpg

I know Bruv is gonna crucify me for this and in advance I apologize if I have somehow poorly represented the Few, a squad I care deeply about. I will also say that I post this on a personal basis, not on behalf of the members of the Few, they deserve better than what has been represented here, as do all squads who simply try to be a group of good people trying to have fun in a game.
DrSpek won the match based on his skill, you clearly lost. You are however the ultimate winner in the courts of flame on the BBS and based on a technicality so if that makes you feel better; so be it. If DrSpek gives you a rematch that would be a mistake in my opinion and I have told him so, he has nothing further to prove.
Yea, simply because I can

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #1006 on: March 16, 2011, 06:19:02 PM »
How about if your not part of the tourney you shut your mouth.  :aok
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1007 on: March 16, 2011, 06:21:45 PM »
Come on already!  If Baldeagle says there is to be a rematch then rematch!  Now you try to crucify Krup for not conceding?  It's not about any F-3 mode, BE already has stated thats not against the rules, just frowned upon!  GIVE UP THE F3 EXCUSE PLEASE!  Your embarassing your squadmate!  You said it isn't BE's call you are wrong.  Ok, I need to stop reading this thread.  I'm getting so riled up and I've only tried to make sence to both sides.  It's all about the rules jekyll.  BE call, not krups.  If he even does concede, what does that say?  "Sorry BE, don't care what you say", thats what that says.  And sir you are wrong by saying it's not BE's call, it is.

Krup has never stated anything towards spek!  You do this okay?  You go and find the posts that krup made reagarding anything degrading toward spek and you post them right now.  Till you do that, you cannot post another thing.  If you follow that little challenge I won't be seeing you here again.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:24:50 PM by canacka »
71 Squadron RAF

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #1008 on: March 16, 2011, 06:25:40 PM »
I see a debate has brewed since I last checked in.  I didn't and don't have time right now to read every post that's been typed since last night but I'll address this right now.

There has been no rule against using F3 mode.  That was simply an oversight by me as I was unaware that it could be used in the DA when I wrote the initial rules.  That will be corrected for future tournaments and F3 mode will be disallowed, however, for this tournament the existing rules stand even though I frown upon the use of F3 mode.

I likely made a mistake in letting Spek get through the round with TC without posting films.  I acted on my own initiative without the consideration of the committee as TC was involved in the fight and both Kilz and TnDep's PM's bounced back to me.  In the past the committee has kept me from being too lenient and I now regret making the decision I did.  The rules do need to be upheld and I made it clear going into the final that films would be required and I will not waiver on that.  Spek had time to get his issues cleared up and figure out how to save films and was warned that they would be required.

Considering this is the final round and there's no pressing time issues to move onto the next round I'm going to allow a two week extension for a rematch.  That gives Spek the rest of this week to figure out the film issue and another week to re-fight the final.  No films from the winner = no win.  Period.

Maybe I'm being too lenient again but this is the final and as long as the rules can be followed I'd like to see it move to it's natural conclusion.

[EDIT]  I'll post a new opening plane assignment this weekend.

In case some missed it

Then spek forfeited. Its over now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:27:41 PM by kilo2 »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #1009 on: March 16, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »
Krup you stated:Wrong, clearly you do Krup or you would have PM’d Bald eagle with no contest of the match. Two hours after you posted the results BE still had a choice and clearly posted the following:
“Krupinski, PM me with links to your films or with a no contest message and I'll make it official sometime this week.  I don't think I'm getting home much before 10:30 PM most of this week.”
At that point you had a choice to accept the fights fairly fought on both sides or you could go for the technicality and hope for a rematch. You chose to take the low road in my opinion.
Wrong, the committee make the call now since your decision was to contest the fight based on a technicality. BE is the one unfortunate enough to have to inform the community of the decision of the committee.
Wrong, DrSpek has done absolutely NOTHING wrong besides failed to accurately film his win at that given time of the match between the two of you. Doesn’t matter if F3 was used or not, mute point. Feel free to explain what the much of anything else might be?
Wrong again, it is no longer BE’s call and everyone on here now knows that. BE did have the choice when he ask you to PM him with no contest however you chose to contest the fight and it became the decision of the committee. It was your word up to the point you chose to contest. Your word would have been enough to end all of this flaming that has gone on if you had manned up and accepted that you were bested that day. You chose to put your stick in the pot and sit back as the AH community raked DrSpek over the coals. What is worse in my opinion is that Grizz was there watching the fights as well and he never once spoke up in DrSpeks defense or stated that you were bested that day, shame really.

In my opinion the committee chose poorly and took the easy route. Clearly the were influenced by the flaming going on and I would suspect PM’s they received. It is obvious because even BE chose to chime in with his opinion on the F3 mode even though it should have had absolutely nothing to do with the decision or the match.

DrSpek has certainly earned my respect as he has taken the higher road than all of us on here; period. He, and others who fly with the Few, are what makes me proud to be a member of the squad. I will be his wingman any day.

This bracket has become much to do about the “letter of the rule” than about sportsmanship and honest matches to determine who is best on any given day and time. That is sad. As a result I see not the demise of squad but instead a demise of the bracket itself. BE has put in a tremendous amount of work to set all of us up for a good match and we collectively have turned it into a flaming war of words, banter, and technicalities. Reminds me of our “no child left behind” law, our children learn nothing anymore except how to test to the test.

It all goes back to this Krup: your stick in the pot stirring the community with your assertion that somehow DrSpek could not have made the shots, they were somehow miraculous so here for all to see are the three shots that he made. It wasn’t the shots that were miraculous Krup, it was his ability at that given time to outmaneuver you and get what are clearly “makeable” shots to kill you. So, for all to see, here they are:

Rd1, prior to the shot
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/f9c3dbf2fc7a846cacc71569dec4847c43790cd94dd8d5673e3dd4773735373c6g.jpg
Rd1, after the shot
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/998f71af7a0231baf920a7f5e39edc3525711de5cb61427412386fd2d83ef1726g.jpg
Rd 3, prior to the shot
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/2788bf9e2727f09f6062c9928171492d9ddcd23c4d9a63affa98cd19f74b2c866g.jpg
Rd 3, after the shot
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/5b3bbe707a5eeebe23d49694cf08d4e080bf6b4477be69aabf46e1a67a9cc5ef6g.jpg
Rd 5, prior to the shot
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/7f9a3cf56f37f7d465f58304860da75a99e88254ab32117b7242449b7f0d2f3b6g.jpg
Rd 5, after the shot
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/779ec4096c003be8c1daad1af72e03039f6ced59e3ff0a7c83ce772f93164db76g.jpg

I know Bruv is gonna crucify me for this and in advance I apologize if I have somehow poorly represented the Few, a squad I care deeply about. I will also say that I post this on a personal basis, not on behalf of the members of the Few, they deserve better than what has been represented here, as do all squads who simply try to be a group of good people trying to have fun in a game.
DrSpek won the match based on his skill, you clearly lost. You are however the ultimate winner in the courts of flame on the BBS and based on a technicality so if that makes you feel better; so be it. If DrSpek gives you a rematch that would be a mistake in my opinion and I have told him so, he has nothing further to prove.

Refer to these, please:

Keep in mind vinkman, that Krup posted the results.  It's everyone else who raised the issue and B.E. made the decision for a re-match.  Your supposed to follow the orders of those in charge right?  What Krup is saying is that if B.E. says to re-match he will.  If he says not to he will follow that.  I do believe that out of all the people here, Krup has the lowest amount of input on this matter, he's just following what is asked.  That's what I believe he means by not caring about who wins.  

Thank You.

As far as I'm concerned I could have done better and Spek won the fights, but he did fail to follow the rules by not fixing his problem w/ recording films. If B.E. comes on and confirms a rematch and spek forfeits to that, besides not having all the films which he should, he still won the first round fights, no doubt there.

BE call, not krups.  If he even does concede, what does that say?  "Sorry BE, don't care what you say", thats what that says.  And sir you are wrong by saying it's not BE's call, it is.

I never contested or accused Spek of anything, work on your reading comprehension skills. I'm done posting here till someone decides to make sense or posts something worth responding to.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:28:35 PM by Krupinski »

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1010 on: March 16, 2011, 06:30:11 PM »
Come on already!  If Baldeagle says there is to be a rematch then rematch!  Now you try to crucify Krup for not conceding?  It's not about any F-3 mode, BE already has stated thats not against the rules, just frowned upon!  GIVE UP THE F3 EXCUSE PLEASE!  Your embarassing your squadmate!  You said it isn't BE's call you are wrong.  Ok, I need to stop reading this thread.  I'm getting so riled up and I've only tried to make sence to both sides.  It's all about the rules jekyll.  BE call, not krups.  If he even does concede, what does that say?  "Sorry BE, don't care what you say", thats what that says.  And sir you are wrong by saying it's not BE's call, it is.

Krup has never stated anything towards spek!  You do this okay?  You go and find the posts that krup made reagarding anything degrading toward spek and you post them right now.  Till you do that, you cannot post another thing.  If you follow that little challenge I won't be seeing you here again.
That was a good post Jekyll.  Im not embarassed.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1011 on: March 16, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »
Failing to provide a urine sample eliminates you from competetive sports.
It does not matter if you took steroids or not. Failing to provide a sample is enough.

I appologise for my part in this thread. I started out by simply saying 'No films again, not impressed'.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #1012 on: March 16, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
That was a good post Jekyll.  Im not embarassed.

Spek, where did I say I contest the results or accuse/insult you in any way? Point it out for me, please.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #1013 on: March 16, 2011, 06:35:11 PM »
I would like to play out a bit of a thought experiment before the community.  Before I go any further I would like to point out that I am a member of the Muppets and a member of the AvA squad “Winning” which just so happens to have several members of the Few including DrSpek so I am once removed from being a Few member; therefore, I myself am best qualified to impartially represent both sides and make the best argument possible for both sides.  

This is a courtroom drama "thought experiment" where SunBat Muppet is going to argue against DrSpek’s being declared the winner of the tournament and SunBat Winning will argue for DrSpek being declared the winner.  Without any further adieu:

Bailiff:  All rise.

(BE enters)

Bailiff:  Be seated.  

SunBat Muppet:  Your honor, for my opening argument, I would like to point out that the rules clearly state that duels from the quaterfinals forward in your tournament shall be filmed by both parties.  Dr. Spek did not follow this rule.  He broke this rule not once but twice.  Your rules state clearly that if rules are not followed two times in the tournament it results in a DQ.  I love Grizz.  I hump his ankle.  Jeeps suck.  AoM pwns you….

BE:  Thank you SunBat Muppet, that will be all.  SunBat Winning, please state your case.

SunBat Winning:  :aok :D  :banana: :aok :aok

(Awkward silence.)

BE:  SunBat Winning, I feel that I must remind you that you must use actual words when you speak to the court and cannot only use emoticons.  There are more of us here than just your fellow squad mates.

SunBat Winning:  {Spoken in Thick English Accent} Oh yes, so sorry, tut, tut.  Tally Ho old boy, Bob’s your uncle and what not!  I would like some pot noodle pardon me I think I may have some in the boot of my car.  I’ll just pop out and pop back in.  Cheerio.  

BE:  SunBat Winning, please remain in the courtroom and state your case or I will be forced to declare a mistrial.  

SunBat Winning:  {Several sentences are spoken, then stricken from the record as official EDITS}  He wasn’t in F3 mode and it doesn’t say all films have to be presented.  That’s all.  

{An attempt was made to EDIT again but BE denied the request.}

BE:  Thank you SunBat Winning.  SunBat Muppet what say you?

SunBat Muppet:  I hate Slash and the rest of my squaddies but especially Slash and I want Yenny booted.  

(Disarray breaks out in the courtroom as the Muppets get in a fight amongst themselves.  Akak and Corky can be heard in the corner scoffing at the ruckus and stating that the time the BK’s were in court was so much better.)

BE:  ORDER!  ORDER!!  What does that have to do with anything SunBat Muppet? State your case or sit down and I will give the floor to Mr. Winning.    

SunBat Muppet:  Well the rules say that all duels must be filmed so SunBat Winning’s argument is invalid.  I love Grizz.  I hump his ankle.  Jeeps suck.  AoM pwns you….

BE:  Thank you SunBat Muppet, that will be all.  SunBat Winning, please make your closing argument.  

SunBat Winning:  I would like to make several statements about F3 mode not being used, batfink being a hater, Krup not having nuts, I would like to restate the fact that films were presented and then edit all of those statements and then I will make my final statement a period.  

BE:  A period?

SunBat Winning:  Yes, a period.  Like this .  

BE:  Thank you, I will adjourn the court until later when I will return to make my final, final ruling.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:37:16 PM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1014 on: March 16, 2011, 06:35:50 PM »
I still would like the 'losers' AH Film to be posted regardless of rematch etc. My youtube hasn't had a film since my Tempest run :)
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1015 on: March 16, 2011, 06:36:46 PM »
That was a good post Jekyll.  Im not embarassed.

My post referred to keeping something going and pointing fingers towards someone who hasn't caused trouble.  I wasn't coming down on you in anyway.  

What I propose is this.  Spek and Krup, go and fight again.  No one is allowed to watch the fight.  You guys go it alone.  Since this was all started by those other then you two, you pacify them by fighting again.  But here's the kicker, you DO NOT post the results to ANYONE!  Only you two will know the results of the fight and you are not to tell anyone.  That oughta tick a few people off and it's rightfully so, you guys didn't create this drama, everyone else did.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:40:39 PM by canacka »
71 Squadron RAF

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1016 on: March 16, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »
With a few of the shots he made I wouldn't be surprised.

I'll post the films when I get home.

There ya go Krup,
Yea, simply because I can

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #1017 on: March 16, 2011, 06:39:48 PM »
There ya go Krup,

That's called an assumption, not an accusation, my friend. That was before I even watched the films too lmao.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1018 on: March 16, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »
I would like to play out a bit of a thought experiment before the community.  

Bat, you are a genius of humour and accuracy.
 :salute
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #1019 on: March 16, 2011, 06:41:25 PM »

Bat, you are a genius of humour and accuracy.
 :salute

Agreed Bat, that was some funny chit  :aok
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)