Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 47853 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #1125 on: March 17, 2011, 12:52:11 PM »
Didn't Tom eat Jerry in the finale?
  Tom was a Vegetarian
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #1126 on: March 17, 2011, 03:40:20 PM »
I miss everything....I left yesterday at 64 pages...its like reading Mein Kampf...self indulgent yet tasteless but seems to make up for it by being hateful...lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #1127 on: March 17, 2011, 04:54:30 PM »
Well I'm confused now, so it's a mutual draw until we hear back from a cat and mouse on the PGA's ruling?

Oh, and we have to bail UrSelf outa Chinatown now for some reason, wth, sounds like every ship on the ocean hit the same dock on the same night in the same town, and there was only one bar and brothel in port.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:56:48 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #1128 on: March 17, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »
nothing has been finalized with BE and the review committee.

Until BE and the review committee comes to a decision LET IT BE.

ENOUGH OF THIS STUPID DRAMA ABOUT HE DID THIS AND HE DIDNT DO THIS. THIS LAYS IN THE HANDS OF BE. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO SAY ABOUT THIS PM BE OR START A DIFFRENT THREAD.

THIS IS SIMPLY LAME GOOD DAY EVERYONE
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1129 on: March 17, 2011, 06:02:14 PM »
nothing has been finalized with BE and the review committee.

Until BE and the review committee comes to a decision LET IT BE.

ENOUGH OF THIS STUPID DRAMA ABOUT HE DID THIS AND HE DIDNT DO THIS. THIS LAYS IN THE HANDS OF BE. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO SAY ABOUT THIS PM BE OR START A DIFFRENT THREAD.

THIS IS SIMPLY LAME GOOD DAY EVERYONE

So you're saying that Tom didn't catch Jerry and eat him in the finale?  I'm pretty sure he did mmmmkah.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #1130 on: March 17, 2011, 06:04:59 PM »
So you're saying that Tom didn't catch Jerry and eat him in the finale?  I'm pretty sure he did mmmmkah.

but did the coyote ever catch the roadrunner?
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1131 on: March 17, 2011, 06:06:39 PM »
but did the coyote ever catch the roadrunner?

No pretty sure he fell off a cliff and died and ACME got sued for all they are worth.  Wile E Coyote's family now lives in Beverly Hills.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #1132 on: March 17, 2011, 07:13:29 PM »
No pretty sure he fell off a cliff and died and ACME got sued for all they are worth.  Wile E Coyote's family now lives in Beverly Hills.

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1133 on: March 18, 2011, 02:02:13 AM »

Group hug with Bip in the middle.   :rock

:uhoh :confused:
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1136 on: March 19, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »
Well, I've been put in a very difficult position by all of this. 

The review committe has weighed in.  Two committe members independently recommended that if DrSpek and Krupinski are not willing to fight a rematch that they both be DQ'd and the losers of the semi-final be allowed to advance and fight for the championship.  I do not believe that decision is in the best interest of the tournament and while I, as always, appreciate the committee's commitment to this tournament, I find I have to overrule their decision.

I'm sure that whatever decision is made will be unpopular with segments of the community.  That said, I've always tried to take a fair and impartial approach to this tournament.  I've examined the facts and the rules and taken a few days to think this over.  With that I announce my decision.  To the facts at hand. 

I don't believe that anyone disputes DrSpek's win, including Krupinski:

I choked...

However DrSpek was warned that not producing films in the final round would have consequences.

As previously mentioned, posting films in the final rounds needs to be done by the winner of the round.  It's another form of validation.  The films can be watched from take-off for any rules violations. 

this rule may be enforced more vigerously in the future and will be for the finals.

This adheres to two sections of the tournament rules:

- Both players will film all duels from take-off in case of a dispute.  These films must be saved until at least noon on the Tuesday following the duel or until 48 hours after the end of any granted extension in case of a dispute.  If a dispute arises then they must be saved until such dispute is settled.
- Films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from the quarter final round forward for the viewing pleasure of the community.  Films may be posted during earlier rounds if both participants agree.

Regardless of the wishy-washy wording of films being posted for the enjoyment of the community (which will be changed) the prior rule clearly states that all duels must be filmed from take-off and all films must be saved until the Tuesday following the duels in case of dispute.   This includes all rounds and was clearly violated by DrSpek after being warned about it.

While DrSpek claims equipment failure I simply go back to the rules:

- If a player experiences technical and/or equipment issues the duel will continue.  After the duel that player will be allowed fifteen minutes to correct such issues and re-log to complete any remaining duels in the series.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose any remaining duels by default.

While not specific to this incident, I believe this rule provides precident that equipment failure is not an excuse and that players are expected to have their equipment operating properly.

That brings us to the final rule relevant to this decision:

- Any player caught breaking the rules twice in any tournament will be automatically ejected from the tournament.

Therefore DrSpek will be ejected from the tournament, his win stripped and Krupinski will be crowned champion with an asterisk if the two are not willing to re-fight the duels.

I really don't believe this is how anyone wants to see this end.  I personally think the most honorable thing to do would be to re-fight the duels but that's now up to the two of you.  I give you until noon CDT next Sunday to re-fight the duels before I make this official.  It's up to you.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1137 on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:20 AM »
BE has spoken, hope they rematch and post films
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1138 on: March 19, 2011, 10:53:12 AM »
Wtg Krup  :salute
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1139 on: March 19, 2011, 11:04:33 AM »
First I want to  :salute BE for your effort you has put in to this turny.   second I want to say great decision BE.....

I also hope this Drama does not put you over the edge for another turny, I am back now and want to join the next one :x

seriously BE. I hope you havnt burnt out because of this :pray  :salute