Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 49179 times)

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #1155 on: March 19, 2011, 06:14:53 PM »
Well done on a very tough decision BE.

Hopefully all sides of this little debate will be somewhat at ease with it and the next tourney will go without a hitch.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #1156 on: March 20, 2011, 01:11:26 AM »
This is what should happen now. 

Somebody help Spek with his machine so he can record films. (It still pisses me off he just ignored the issue but maybe he learned.)

Spek and Krup rematch and Krup throw the fights in 3 rounds. Spek's the winner. 

Why do I say this?  Here are the facts. Spek is better in a spit. Krup admits this.  Krup is better in German planes, etc.  Spek admits this.  A seafire was the random draw.  If the random draw had been a 110. Krup would win. Spek would admit this. Both toon pilots are very good. It went back and forth evenly. So what does that mean?  In this case, the winner was determined by the random draw of the first plane. 

Krup, just go throw it and let Spek win. U can fight it if u want but u admit u probably won't win.  Thats okay, when flying styles truly come down to the plane then is the match really determined by the pilot?  Not really.  

So Krup, throw the rematch. Spek, figure out your problem. Everyone be happy. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1157 on: March 20, 2011, 03:21:49 AM »
I want my matchup Ink!  You all settled now bro?

:salute

Way

we can do that  :aok   im on line almost every night if ya see me mention it we can go :salute

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1158 on: March 20, 2011, 06:59:52 AM »
Well said sunbat.  If the first plane was to be a 109K4 krup would have the upperhand.  I am by no means a spit dweeb but I like to duel in them so I had some sort of an advantage.  Krup and I have talked about this over our vent and on that given day I won.  Tomorrow or some other day with a differnt plane Krup could have.  With me having no films by accident I lose the match.  There will be no rematch, once again krup its yours unless the man up top says anything differnt.

Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1159 on: March 20, 2011, 07:48:39 AM »
The real skill is being good in any plane.

Glad things are finally coming together here  :salute
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1160 on: March 20, 2011, 11:03:36 AM »
The real skill is being good in any plane.

Glad things are finally coming together here  :salute
Yes Krup and Spek are both good in any plane...but Krup is Great in a K4, Spek is Great in a spitfire

Great > Good :D

You in a Mossy = Great

Me in any plane = hot garbage
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #1161 on: March 21, 2011, 12:45:32 AM »
Well said sunbat.  If the first plane was to be a 109K4 krup would have the upperhand.  I am by no means a spit dweeb but I like to duel in them so I had some sort of an advantage.  Krup and I have talked about this over our vent and on that given day I won.  Tomorrow or some other day with a differnt plane Krup could have.  With me having no films by accident I lose the match.  There will be no rematch, once again krup its yours unless the man up top says anything differnt.

BE didn't say you have to forfit he did say you have some time to get your films fixed and do a rematch. so get on the phone with some of these computer geeks and get your problem fixed. find someone that has an external hard drive that will work too.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1162 on: March 21, 2011, 01:01:53 AM »
Yes Krup and Spek are both good in any plane...but Krup is Great in a K4, Spek is Great in a spitfire

Great > Good :D

You in a Mossy = Great

Me in any plane = hot garbage
Me looking at any plane = i auger
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results - film issue
« Reply #1163 on: March 21, 2011, 01:20:28 AM »
I read most of this thread, well at least the more *interesting* parts....

about the plm filming....

it could simply be a matter of too many films in the folder.... past experience shows me that when you get about 80-100 films, it starts to get wonky, so what you need to do is cut and paste the films to another folder, freeing up the default folder.

just sayin'...   if it's been suggested or done and still an issue... well then i dunno.

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1164 on: March 21, 2011, 11:48:44 AM »
you going to sign up next run, Shane?

One of my favortie fights of all time was with you in 190s.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1165 on: March 21, 2011, 04:05:22 PM »
you going to sign up next run, Shane?

One of my favortie fights of all time was with you in 190s.

maybe... but then I'm equally as sucky in any plane in the set, so I'm at a huge disadvantage.    :neener:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1166 on: March 21, 2011, 04:16:55 PM »
 :lol

can't be as bad as me these days

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #1167 on: March 21, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »
I read most of this thread, well at least the more *interesting* parts....

about the plm filming....

it could simply be a matter of too many films in the folder.... past experience shows me that when you get about 80-100 films, it starts to get wonky, so what you need to do is cut and paste the films to another folder, freeing up the default folder.

just sayin'...

I agree with your assessment Shane. When I originally asked ACE/DrSpek about his 1/4 final films, he was able to find them and post them within 15 minutes, we then dueled immediately after that and he could not find his films for the semi final rounds......

so I figured he had too many films hogging up his 30 gig SSD drive which he is using for his OS....

I guess Aces High does not throw up a warning saying the HD is out of room to save films or screenshots or even NEW Skins???? or <whatever OS being Used> does not throw up a warning telling the user that the HD is out of space???

simply dump the films folder, ACE, and you should be ok..... should be a simple fix

do as BaldEagl has requested, to keep his hard work of putting on this event going...... and I personally don't care if it ends either way DrSpek winning or Krupnski winning ...... I would however asked that an *  be put beside the winners name for the reason to be stated that it was a rematch due to technical difficulties on DrSpek's PC.....

There is no reason to not have this event be followed by the rules which are stated at the beginning of each tournament and everyone involved has participated in this tournament more than this current Event. I do not understand how someone can participate in an event and not know the rules in which the event is governed by.......

wish ya all the best

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #1168 on: March 21, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
I've never had AH lose films unless the HDD was full.  What did happen was really long HDD seek times when you get over some number like Shane's.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #1169 on: March 21, 2011, 08:16:51 PM »
I never save films...my suckage doesnt need to be watched repeatedly
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba