Author Topic: "Cascade Flare Markers" Air Dropped for identifying GV's  (Read 2475 times)

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
Re: "Cascade Flare Markers" Air Dropped for identifying GV's
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 12:38:32 AM »
Now all you have to do is get the grunts to shoot it at the GVs because that's a rifle grenade.
AWWWWW CRAP YOU SHOT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the desert somewhere west of Kuwait 1991.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »
M19A-1 ?  

Oh, Oh..... M19A1!!!

Yeah that's a rifle launched phosphorus smoke grenade.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:51:05 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 04:53:39 PM »
if memory serves...the produced green smoke. for 3 to 4 minutes.

these would be a blast to drop on top of gv positions.  (or pt boats. cv groups)

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

This is an original July 1944 dated parachute flare with canister.  The flare is marked, “Signal, Ground, Green Star, Parachute, M19A1, LOT UNX 1-11, JUL 1944

-100 unless you get rid of GV icons!
+1000000 if you eliminate GV icons  :)

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 08:30:32 PM »
-100 unless you get rid of GV icons!
+1000000 if you eliminate GV icons  :)

JUGgler
+1

bad idea. you already have air cons that can see our icons. All it will do is ruin GV fights. id bet if this was added, 7/10 times the tank who gets marked wont be killed by another tank. If there are cons overhead that are able to mark gv's, id bet money on it that there are also cons overhead with bombs!
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 09:24:33 PM »
Think the fact that is a rifle grenade pretty muchkilled the thread.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 09:43:43 PM »
No icons from planes? You already have to get within range to see them, and for the people whose eyes aren't so great.....yeah gtfo.

And this would be a fun thing to see in game. +1

And no I'm not a bomb tard. If up a plane to kill GV's (which is when we are getting our butts handed to us and we're about to lose the base), I up a JU-87.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 03:31:57 AM »
marine it's a rifle grenade.  it can only be fired from rifles, which of course we dont have.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 09:57:37 PM »
marine it's a rifle grenade.  it can only be fired from rifles, which of course we dont have.

semp

he left out half the lot #...which makes them the air dropped variant (I would guess)...per the article I should have quoted.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 01:17:26 AM »
I'm not talking about the ones listed. I know that flares can be and were dropped from planes.

So I'm still behind the idea.  :aok
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 02:13:03 AM »
if memory serves...the produced green smoke. for 3 to 4 minutes.

these would be a blast to drop on top of gv positions.  (or pt boats. cv groups)

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

This is an original July 1944 dated parachute flare with canister.  The flare is marked, “Signal, Ground, Green Star, Parachute, M19A1, LOT UNX 1-11, JUL 1944
its a cool idea, but whats stopping the gv's from changing location when they see the smoke? say you have a formation of lancs incoming to carpet bomb an area the enemy team is camping. you throw out this smoke.enemy gv's see this smoke and change postions before the formation arrives. but the bomber pilot doesnt know this, so he wastes his payload carpet bombing an empty area. or, what if you have a tank thats the only one able to protect the maproom, he gets bored. someone pops smoke and the first thing he does is go rolling off in that direction. exposing the maproom. its both a good and bad idea.

i think it would be better used in an artillery,shelling role. pop smoke to help the gunners judge distance better.

and if your going to use them to mark gv's then use them to mark only the most IMPORTANT ones. (like say, a tiger camping on the hill and the m3 waiting behind him, and not the little m8 thats hiding inside a barn way off in nobody cares land)

and also i can see some countries using the smoke in other ways,

like fighters coming in dropping TONS  of smoke over an airfield to block out the sky from the base gunners. then have there low level bombers come in and just blind-carpet bomb the place.

or people spawning on the cv deck, popping smoke, then towering. then upping againt to pop more smoke so its harder to target for the bomber pilots.

so it would need to be lightly perked or something to try to discourage mis-use.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 11:48:30 PM »
its a cool idea, but whats stopping the gv's from changing location when they see the smoke? say you have a formation of lancs incoming to carpet bomb an area the enemy team is camping. you throw out this smoke.enemy gv's see this smoke and change postions before the formation arrives. but the bomber pilot doesnt know this, so he wastes his payload carpet bombing an empty area. or, what if you have a tank thats the only one able to protect the maproom, he gets bored. someone pops smoke and the first thing he does is go rolling off in that direction. exposing the maproom. its both a good and bad idea.

I actually like it for those very reasons that you mentioned.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 12:08:23 AM »

I actually like it for those very reasons that you mentioned.

+1
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 05:37:49 PM »
Perhaps: remove vehicle icons for everything but dedicated GV killers (B-25H, IL-2), and even them only enable them for 500 yards or less.  Also give certain planes the ability to mark with dropped smoke.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Avanti

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »
Bring a flare to mark a gv or a bomb. Hard choice.

Semp

Let me put it this way for you

Bring a 5kg flare to mark a GV in a target filled sky and ground?

Or bring a 500lb bomb to a target filled sky and ground?

I would bring the flare, much lighter
I may even get an assist for that