Author Topic: Vehicle comparison chart  (Read 683 times)

Offline dimmu

• Zinc Member
Vehicle comparison chart
« on: February 03, 2011, 12:36:46 PM »
First off I want to say hello to everyone as this is my first post.

OK, so I found the plane description page, and the comparison for up to 5 planes. This is useful, but is there a chart including all types of aircraft? Including such categories as top speed, altitude, climb rate at a few set alts, maneuverability. I realize there are a ton of factors that affect all of these things, though I can't help wishing for a quick reference chart. Or maybe even a calculator. Do these exist?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Vehicle comparison chart
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 12:46:26 PM »

ooops, disregard. Reading comprehension fail on my side
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:48:44 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 12:50:08 PM »
Sure in a number of places. On the main HTC page you can check out each plane and GV on the AH wiki page. Also I believe the trainers page has info on planes. One other place is Soda's eval page. Do a search for soda here on the boards, I'm sure you'll find a link (on the blackberry, don't have links here)

Offline dimmu

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:18:16 AM »
Those sites are helpful and all, but I'm looking for something more noobish. Like a spreadsheet of all planes not necessarily including numbers or exact calculations, but maybe ratings. For example: Speed 9/10, Climb 8/10, Maneuverability 7/10, Firepower 3/10 etc.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »
Hmm, the models are a lot more complex than that, however. Any ratings would be really suggestive and would never tell the whole story on a given plane's characteristics. Like in the speed category, what gets who the highest score? Acceleration, level-flight speed, or maximum dive-speed? And who wins in the firepower category? The P-47 with 8 accurate .50's with a high rate of fire or the Typhoon with its 20mm cannons that make short work of almost anything in the sky?

You've got to read the Wiki and level the pro's and con's for a given aircraft with the way you want to fly, and then utilize your strengths against other pilots' weaknesses.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline dimmu

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 07:57:43 PM »
well there you go, acceleration, level speed, dive speed can be separate columns. accuracy and rate of fire are also are two categories that fight each other and are hard to combine into one plane. so i guess there is nothing like such. I'd make one, but I'd get as far as labeling categories and leave ratings blank...

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 08:27:05 PM »
well there you go, acceleration, level speed, dive speed can be separate columns. accuracy and rate of fire are also are two categories that fight each other and are hard to combine into one plane. so i guess there is nothing like such. I'd make one, but I'd get as far as labeling categories and leave ratings blank...

You could make your own and once completed submit it to the trainers to approve and post for you.

On the other hand have you checked out Doc Gonzo's Site ? You can select 4 planes at a time and see charts with a number of different comparisons on a number of different categories. While it doesn't give you 3/5 numbers it does make it pretty easy to see how the planes compare.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 09:11:47 PM »

Someone made something like this years ago:

http://www.jcsautomation.com/AH_View_Planes.asp
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dimmu

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 09:57:27 AM »
bingo, thanks!

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 08:09:24 PM »
Aweshem link, Lusche.  :aok

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com