Author Topic: Vulch fests  (Read 4963 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Vulch fests
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »
Why would you take off at a field that's getting vultched?

"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »
How about any plane destroyed on pavement does NOT register as a kill, NO score fore it, NO name in lights for it and NO death, NOTHING but "wasted" ammo?

JUGgler

Hmm I guess I did say the dude on the pavement would be safe in so many words!  :D

Well I would think most would prefer it to the silly vulching that goes on now.

IMHO

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 12:39:24 PM »
Because frustration and anger are what fuel combat?  :D
Who is John Galt?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 12:43:33 PM »
they got credit durin WW2 why not here, doesn't matter where ya die its just a game. quit  :cry ok later :bolt:

Do clarify that will you.  Who got credit?   The only crowd that got credit for ground kills was the 8th, and that was only as motivation to keep them diving into the ack.  A lot of guys, and all but one of the USAAF Aces that were shot down, went down to ack attacking airfields.

9th, 15th, 5th, RAF, etc did not give credit for ground kills.

Of course those guys were really dying too and they didn't get a big attaboy and a message across the radio saying they'd landed 14 vulches.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »
Why would you take off at a field that's getting vultched?

Personally I hate the long flight, also I'm very giving and am all about improving scores  :aok. I just would like to get airborne before getting "the coat hangar"  ;)

I also know for a fact that other 'like minded" peeps such as  myself would up more often and have more fun if this change could be made. Thereby improving the experience and FUN of those peeps who frequent these situations on both sides  :aok

JUGgler
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:51:57 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 12:50:28 PM »
Because frustration and anger are what fuel combat?  :D

Then why do I laugh so much?

There are few so readily willing to fight at "TOTAL DISADVANTAGE" "most of the time" such as myself :aok

JUGgler
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:54:43 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »
I just take-off from the closest field that is NOT getting vulched.
 :noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 01:48:39 PM »
Guys who vulch (looking for combat?) are probably the same guys who cry about other guys taking "undefended" bases.

Ironic.

Now I'm NOT talking about guys who are suppressing uppers at a base they are trying to take.

I'm talking about the "aces" that come in and do it and leave, with no other purpose than padding their score.

Whether or not HT says its "cool" I think its a sissy move.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 01:56:22 PM »
Guys who vulch (looking for combat?) are probably the same guys who cry about other guys taking "undefended" bases.

Ironic.

Now I'm NOT talking about guys who are suppressing uppers at a base they are trying to take.

I'm talking about the "aces" that come in and do it and leave, with no other purpose than padding their score.

Whether or not HT says its "cool" I think its a sissy move.

Hand in hand.

Lemmings that continually up from a capped base that is obviously not being taken (i.e. town not damaged) have nothing to cry about.

Piss on the electric fence once, and possibly, one can blame it on the farmer for not giving a warning.  Do it again right away, and whose fault is it now?

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 02:02:04 PM »
In the DA sure.  :aok  In the MA it is the sport of kings!  -1
:aok

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 02:13:30 PM »
Hand in hand.

Lemmings that continually up from a capped base that is obviously not being taken (i.e. town not damaged) have nothing to cry about.

Piss on the electric fence once, and possibly, one can blame it on the farmer for not giving a warning.  Do it again right away, and whose fault is it now?

Agreed.

But is STILL a sissy way to play.

The Lemmings comment is priceless. :rofl
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 02:31:41 PM »
Agreed.

But is STILL a sissy way to play.

The Lemmings comment is priceless. :rofl

I can't tell others what to do with their $15...  but I CAN ridicule them for it  :aok

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 02:45:39 PM »
Personally I hate the long flight, also I'm very giving and am all about improving scores  :aok. I just would like to get airborne before getting "the coat hangar"  ;)

I also know for a fact that other 'like minded" peeps such as  myself would up more often and have more fun if this change could be made. Thereby improving the experience and FUN of those peeps who frequent these situations on both sides  :aok

JUGgler

I understand that you can hate long flights, but as far as I understand taking off a base that's getting vutched (even if they let you get off the ground) will not improve your score. You will be snow, low, & outnumbered. Just take off a nearby base, take the 5min to fly to the battle and come in with an advantage, then land kills.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 02:55:15 PM »
I understand that you can hate long flights, but as far as I understand taking off a base that's getting vutched (even if they let you get off the ground) will not improve your score. You will be snow, low, & outnumbered. Just take off a nearby base, take the 5min to fly to the battle and come in with an advantage, then land kills.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QFT   :rock

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »
it's already been said: dont wanna get vulched, dont up where a vulch is in progress.. fly in from somewhere else.

personally, I just grab a field gun or an ostie and discourage them.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.