Author Topic: Vulch fests  (Read 5519 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Vulch fests
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2011, 10:17:18 AM »
I still dont understand what problem this change would solve ...  :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »
I still dont understand what problem this change would solve ...  :headscratch:
some people vultch to be score hores,etc.

take away the ability of them scoring points&a kill when they shoot a plane on the runway and there is a chance they will atleast wait till the plane is in the air until they start shooting.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2011, 10:24:46 AM »

take away the ability of them scoring points&a kill when they shoot a plane on the runway and there is a chance they will atleast wait till the plane is in the air until they start shooting.

It really is this simple!

Also this change would encourage more peeps to keep trying to up :aok  and that is a good thing for all

Those 20 cons above the field have nothing to do, make it so I can get "wheels up" and I guarantee they'll have something to do  :aok

JUGgler
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:28:50 AM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2011, 10:31:15 AM »
Something being simple in your mind is not the same as it being simple in reality.

If you think you can vulch your way to a #1 ranking go for it.  :devil

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2011, 10:33:20 AM »
Also this change would encourage more peeps to keep trying to up :aok  and that is a good thing for all

Those 20 cons above the field have nothing to do, make it so I can get "wheels up" and I guarantee they'll have something to do  :aok

so you want more people upping, then getting shot down at 150mph 10ft off the ground? sounds like a system to try to provide more easy kills to the side capping the field, not less.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2011, 10:51:17 AM »

I don't do it for score or perks, I do it for fun.  So how do we address that? :headscratch:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2011, 10:57:31 AM »
I don't do it for score or perks, I do it for fun.  So how do we address that? :headscratch:

We ban you under all aliases - for good sportsmanship and making too much sense.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2011, 11:01:32 AM »
so you want more people upping, then getting shot down at 150mph 10ft off the ground? sounds like a system to try to provide more easy kills to the side capping the field, not less.

:devil
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2011, 11:05:06 AM »

Exactly. There is no realistic "solution". The proposed solution merely displaces the behavior slightly.

Of course, RW, you could never get vulched. I was going to follow this with, "Just ask Johannes Steinhof", but, of course, he wasn't vulched, just horribly burned from a take-off accident. Never mind the example, for vulching was common and accepted practice and a completely legit way to destroy an Air Force on the ground.

If you really wanted to change the behavior, the thing to do would be to put the fear of God into those stupid enough to take off into the teeth of a cap - some rule like:

GET VULCHED AND LOSE YOUR POIKIES, SUCKAH.

Then the prison yard wouldn't be so full of eager gangbangers since the fat chicks wouldn't be coming out for armloads of hard salami.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
how are perks like this? if I take a val or an A6M2 up agianst 5 F4U's P51's or other "Uber" planes, and shoot them all down, you dont think that warrants 50 or 60 perks?  :devil

Yes that's true. What I meant was that a pack of K4s attacking a single mustang will yield the same perk point to the winner as a single K4 taking on a pack of Mustangs. So Perk system could be improved by similar thinking also. Sorry for that confusion.  :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »
We ban you under all aliases - for good sportsmanship and making too much sense.

Hey Pj,

Haven't seen you around here for a while.  Hope all is well. 
Making sense gets you shot around here... :uhoh

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2011, 11:31:09 AM »
i was gonna say "except for the  people that dont care about there score, dont know what we can do about them" but decided not too  :lol

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2011, 11:34:09 AM »
Hey Pj,

Haven't seen you around here for a while.  Hope all is well. 
Making sense gets you shot around here... :uhoh

:salute

Way

I got sucked into the black hole of MTW for a couple of months. I was still making FSO even then. I'm back now.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2011, 12:34:03 PM »
Yeah, it's a great idea..... Let's protect the silly people who up from a capped field and than want to moan & groan about it. 

Typical American attitude.... Protect the retarded people!   :aok

Just wow.  Yes that certainly is my outlook, protecting those who are unable to protect themselves.  Not in the game however but your comment wasn't about the game either, it kinda maybe looked like a political comment, sorta.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »

:bhead

:rolleyes:

JUGgler
Army of Muppets