Author Topic: Sick Puppies in MidWar  (Read 14818 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Sick Puppies in MidWar
« on: February 08, 2011, 11:23:30 AM »
When I log on this evening and find half a dozen of you guys flying around together at 18-20k in Spit8s P51s and P47s are you going to put up a fight?

Just curious  :neener:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sick Puppies in MidWar
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »
I love it perk bonus is 4!!! :banana: GV PERK FARMINNIS AWSOME
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »
 :lol

So it's not just in EW that they seem to go out of their way to avoid conflict?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 12:07:12 PM »
ImaDot  lol i visited the EW last week a squad was on 6 members attacking a country with no one on that side, the other country had 2 on, but they choose to attack the country with no one on   :rofl   :rofl   i bathed in there awesomeness and left  :rofl
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 12:12:18 PM »
Sick Puppies always a great fight in Midwar  :salute :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 12:30:54 PM »
SPs are cool guys :salute
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 12:36:52 PM »
Here is the thing.....  Ok, so you are a dogfighter, not a land grabber.  That's great, WTG.  But why knock the land grabbers?  If you took a moment to look at one of Lusche's charts, you'd notice that since the days that the land grabbers died out, less people play the game.  "OK, great, no need to worry about the jerks ruining our fight"

But half the people play now, which means half the money for HTC, which means twice as long for some things to happen because they are doing more work for less money. 

And to sit here and mock them for doing what they do, and doing it with a little intelligence at that....  Tactically, the undefended base is truly the base to grab.  May not be as exciting but it makes perfect military sense. 

ImaDot  lol i visited the EW last week a squad was on 6 members attacking a country with no one on that side, the other country had 2 on, but they choose to attack the country with no one on   :rofl   :rofl   i bathed in there awesomeness and left  :rofl
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 12:41:51 PM »
But half the people play now, which means half the money for HTC, which means twice as long for some things to happen because they are doing more work for less money.

And you know this for fact ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 01:15:08 PM »
Half may be wrong but in 2007 when I started playing ranks went into the 5000's.  Now they go into the 3000's.  If it ain't half, I bet it's pretty darn close.     

August '07  -  5104 players upped in bombers. 

January '11  - 3342 players upped in bombers. 

Fighters are the better judge cause I think the most people up fighter, but all the same, 1800 player diff in buff drivers tells you something right?

And you know this for fact ?
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 01:20:18 PM »
Half may be wrong but in 2007 when I started playing ranks went into the 5000's.  Now they go into the 3000's.  If it ain't half, I bet it's pretty darn close.     

August '07  -  5104 players upped in bombers. 

January '11  - 3342 players upped in bombers. 

Fighters are the better judge cause I think the most people up fighter, but all the same, 1800 player diff in buff drivers tells you something right?

Yeah ... maybe more people are enjoying flying fighters and GVs then bombers. I have seen over the past year, more GVers than I had previously seen in past years.

Point is ... without having access to the real numbers, nobody has a clue, and to post such findings, without concrete evidence in a public forum, read by anybody ... you could be giving them the wrong impression.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 01:21:42 PM »
When I log on this evening and find half a dozen of you guys flying around together at 18-20k in Spit8s P51s and P47s are you going to put up a fight?

Just curious  :neener:

Maybe they fly like you do.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 01:25:45 PM »
Here is the thing.....  Ok, so you are a dogfighter, not a land grabber.  That's great, WTG.  But why knock the land grabbers?  If you took a moment to look at one of Lusche's charts, you'd notice that since the days that the land grabbers died out, less people play the game.  "OK, great, no need to worry about the jerks ruining our fight"

And to sit here and mock them for doing what they do, and doing it with a little intelligence at that....  Tactically, the undefended base is truly the base to grab.  May not be as exciting but it makes perfect military sense. 

Your quoting me, So I'm assuming your talking to me,  i made an observation of what i seen when i logged in there, on how Awesome it was...  Tactics? oh please what tactic is there taking a countries base when that country has no players on to defend it, 2 players from the other country were fighting them earlier, when it got to hard they decided to landgrab the country with no players on, why even bother trying to defend when the attackers leave when someone shows up to Defend, after talking to the other guys who basically said they were just chasing them around trying to defend they would just leave for another base, now is that fair to the other guys trying to Defend? After all they pay there money to

I'm not characterized as a Dogfighter/Langrabber/GV'er/Bomber/ whatever else you can think of, i play all the Roles this game has to offer and die trying, there all fun to do and everyone should try them all and not just limit yourself to one thing, if people are afraid to die then maybe a combat game isn't for that person, and for you to say i have little intelligence, after reading your post i would say look in the mirror sir
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 01:29:52 PM »
these guys are new to MW.  Its just the past week that I have ever seen more than one SP logged in at any given time and I have played MW exclusively since the arenas split.  Last night I only had a 15 minute window to play.  Get on, look at the map and there are six red dots headed to a green base.  Great!  I call it out on channel and grab a 51B and start climbing out.  I'm grabbing away from the dar dots to build some alt and at about 10k I look back and theres a dot way out and way above me.  Comes in to icon rang and its a 51B about 6k above me.  As he comes over the top he does what I would do, roll over and come down on top so this is no surprise to me and I simply pull outside his gun position.  I'm thinking "ok we have a fight" but by this time the 51b had zoom climbed up 2k and headed away.  2.5....3.0  Alright...theres another con.  a Spit8 co alt with me over field at about 12k.  He is zooming hellbent towards me with his hair on fire.  At about 2k I roll out of his firing position and he fires off a few dozen rounds as he zooms past me climbing up.  I'm thinking "Ok, we have a fight" then I look back and the spit is about 2.5k above and behind me but not pressing the fight....he flys away from me out of Icon range.  So a couple of other players are talking about a low LA who made one pass at each of them and was beating hellfire on the deck back to the same base these other two cons had come from.  I look at the tactical situation and I had two cons above headed back towards their base and two friendlies below complaining about these guys not even attempting to fight, just trying to run hit and run.  There is a time and a place for run hit run but when you have the advantage then put up a fight, even a large sector wide maneuvering fight but at least throw some punches.  ok?

Jeeze, come on guys.  Lets have some fun while you being super uber duper zoom boom cartoon combat fighter godz.

have some fun!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 01:32:00 PM »
Maybe Yeager should worry about himself instead of coming to BBS and crying about the way others spend their money.

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »
Maybe they fly like you do.
if they played the game the way I do they would be getting kills.