Author Topic: scoring  (Read 537 times)

Offline hellwolf

• Zinc Member
scoring
« on: February 11, 2011, 06:18:57 PM »
Could someone please explain exactly how the scoring system works.
Ive spent the last few tours trying to work it out, Ive trolled the forums and cant find the exact answer I require.
I want to know if K/D ratio is the main factor that increases your rank.
For instance, is it better to fly a high eny plane and increase your points, or is it better to fly a perked plane and have a high K/D ratio.
Exactly how are the rankings weighted?  Is it better to fly 1 sortie and have 10 kills, or fly 100 sorties and have 300 kills?
Under attack will my rank improve if I have more damage points from jabo missions, or should I concentrate on just my K/D ratio?
Do kills of GVs count in the K/D ratio? Does your killls per sortie have any effect ie. should I land those three kills or rearm and reup?
For bombers is damage per death, or total points or number of kills the determing factor.
Is the list of factors under pilot stats the order of importance??

Please do not hijack this thread with score potato comments, or the inane dont worry about your score just have fun.
I dont worry about my score or rankings, I just play the game to the best of my abilties. I know the best way to improve rankings is to improve in all areas of the game. I enjoy defending, taking bases, trying to win the war, and getting better at that will improve my rankings.

However I love solving problems and puzzels, and exactly how the scoring system works is puzzling, and ive spent far to much time trying to work it out so have given up and asked for your help!

If however you would like to comment on how scoring system affects game play then I would also be interested in your replies.
For instance, I think more weighting should be placed on kill points to encourage higher eny planes, or at least encourage you to fly more missions. I see some players have only 5-6 missions but a high ratio and ranking, but surely a more valuable player will have flown 100s of missions per tour!

Damage points for attack scores should be more important than K/D ratio to encourage jabo missions. I spent 1 tour dropping a huge number of bombs and at 1 point was in the top 50 for damage points, but ack, 2nd tier, ordinace heavy planes hurt my K/D ratio to 1.00 and  so I ranked over 1000.

Bombers are easy to rank highly in by increasing damage points, (milkruns) yet im totaly useless at shooting down planes, should more weight be placed on kills? I simply dont know enough of GVs scoring to even comment.

Sorry for such a long thread and I thank you in advance for your replies.

Offline tassos

• Nickel Member
      • Free Warbids Arena
Re: scoring
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:06:28 AM »
Yes
Living Aces High from Sep 1999 as ATZE,MrROX,and from Feb 2000 as tassos
Quit: OPEN /Google:48°58'22.40"N 10°8'15.30"E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69CquvLHgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMCq22Vpa18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsVxFycRZo
Aces High be a part...

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:56:14 PM »
So its better to crash than ditch?

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 08:14:33 PM »
So its better to crash than ditch?

No.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 08:15:20 PM »
How do you get 2000% in... anything?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 08:30:12 PM »

By damaging/killing a group of objects with a single bomb or rocket you can go over 100%. The trick is to find a target that has enough objects closely grouped. Town centers or ships are good examples.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 05:18:54 AM »
this thread is a duplicate see the other one for full explanation.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 06:50:18 AM »

wrongway

You take a stuka late at night to a cv, have your shade/squadie hold it still and presto, 2000%.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:52:34 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 10:15:02 AM »
Unless I am mistaken, scoring is not the same as rankings, which I beleive most people are in search of.

While scoring points and perks can be accuratly extracted from the numbers provided, rankings are a combination of all the aspects such as hit percentages, kills per time, K/D, etc. Thus, simply having the highest score does not necessarily mean the highest rank.
Yea, simply because I can