Author Topic: Sick Puppies in MidWar  (Read 14902 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sick Puppies in MidWar
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 01:35:32 PM »
Maybe Yeager should worry about himself instead of coming to BBS and crying about the way others spend their money.

put up a fight 5.o thats all I ask.  if you have the advantage (AND YOU ARE IN A FIGHTER PLANE) you sure as hell should put up a fight.  a big part of the game is putting up a fight.  or is this a pay to play single player game?  

My point is we have had many great times in MW but this new bunch just isnt any fun.  I want them to be fun to kill.  I need them to be fun to kill.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:43:43 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 01:38:30 PM »
Here is the thing.....  Ok, so you are a dogfighter, not a land grabber.  That's great, WTG.  But why knock the land grabbers?  If you took a moment to look at one of Lusche's charts, you'd notice that since the days that the land grabbers died out, less people play the game.  "OK, great, no need to worry about the jerks ruining our fight"

But half the people play now, which means half the money for HTC, which means twice as long for some things to happen because they are doing more work for less money. 

And to sit here and mock them for doing what they do, and doing it with a little intelligence at that....  Tactically, the undefended base is truly the base to grab.  May not be as exciting but it makes perfect military sense. 

**Smacks logan over his head**

Grabbing undefended bases ( with #s)  is like throwing a sissy slap at the biggest guy in the bar then running away as fast as you can. The direction this game is going, we dont need to spend so much time flight modeling and just load up the mission planners with  "planes with big guns". If you wanna grab a base, do it the manly way and chances are youll be respected for the fight. Otherwise suffer the humiliation
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 01:40:12 PM »
You sure that's what I said?  Maybe your sentence was typed while you were looking in that mirror?  Now I might actually say that about you though. 

.........., and for you to say i have little intelligence, after reading your post i would say look in the mirror sir

Why don't you reread it bro...........
And to sit here and mock them for doing what they do, and doing it with a little intelligence at that....  Tactically, the undefended base is truly the base to grab.  May not be as exciting but it makes perfect military sense.  

I quoted you because you are, for just this moment in time, the figurehead for the dogfighter anti-basetaker's club, that for years have poked fun at the people that think the game is more than just air to air combat.  
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 01:43:14 PM »
Shut yer piehole boy!!!!  I did say it wouldn't be fun right?  I'm just pointing out that if people are paying money for the game and they want to be remembered as the general who took 30 bases that day........  Then let them, who does it hurt? 

Maybe the map in EW is lousy and they are trying to do away with it. 

And if those other 2 on the other country want to stop it, all they have to do is start attacking the 6, no?

**Smacks logan over his head**

Grabbing undefended bases ( with #s)  is like throwing a sissy slap at the biggest guy in the bar then running away as fast as you can. The direction this game is going, we dont need to spend so much time flight modeling and just load up the mission planners with  "planes with big guns". If you wanna grab a base, do it the manly way and chances are youll be respected for the fight. Otherwise suffer the humiliation
See Rule #4

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 01:44:05 PM »
For me with out hearing both sides of the story, I do not make assumptions on what happened.  I have only heard your version, therefore I can make no judgement.

All of the Sick Puppies I know are stand up guys, perhaps you missed something on their squad vox, maybe a fellow squadie was in need of help, maybe GVs were attacking their base. Who knows.

Point is to come to the BBS and make a post about what someone else did or is doing is well pointless. Relax find another fight and have an enjoyable night.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 01:50:12 PM »
5.o   nah...its been an ongoing thing for the past week and some days.  Ive been building my own thoughts over that time but last night hearing some of the other fellows seeing the same things I was seeing, well I figured it wouldn't hurt to call em up in public and ask them to be a little more aggressive.  The way I was last night I seriously needed a spanking...but these guys just weren't fighting.  The feeling was rather ominous.  I hope this is not a trend.

I am sure they are all stand uppers, most all of us are you know.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 01:51:40 PM »
You don't want to see the numbers for Fighter.  But....

August '07  - 6456 Fighter Pilots

January '11  - 4483 Fighter Pilots

And these numbers are available for everybody to see right in scores and stats.  You do have to do a little searching until you find the high number that multiple people have, then subtract 1 from it to find the worst pilot for that category.   :salute

Yeah ... maybe more people are enjoying flying fighters and GVs then bombers. I have seen over the past year, more GVers than I had previously seen in past years.

Point is ... without having access to the real numbers, nobody has a clue, and to post such findings, without concrete evidence in a public forum, read by anybody ... you could be giving them the wrong impression.

EDIT....  So let's just call it 2000 less players now, than then.  That's 30,000USD out of HTC pocket per month. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:54:03 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 02:10:39 PM »
 Nah..landgrabbing is fun and by no means does it degenerate the game what so ever :rolleyes:

The second shot was when a chesspeice Fuhrer asked if I could deack the town because he was bringing troops and when I politley told him on vox that I was there to shoot down bad guys..he went off..lol (its someone you know well too). Ya its fun..but some ppl take it to the extremes to ruin others fun
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:13:39 PM by oTRALFZo »

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 02:11:43 PM »
And if those other 2 on the other country want to stop it, all they have to do is start attacking the 6, no?

I guess you missed the part where i said they were chasing them all around trying to fight them, this game isnt Wack-A-Mole
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »

EDIT....  So let's just call it 2000 less players now, than then.  That's 30,000USD out of HTC pocket per month. 

So all of those 2000 players had been paying customers?   ;)

There is no way for us to tell how many players in any given tour are 2-weekers. All just speculation, but no real data...

The only thing we can say is how many pilot ID's have been active in the MA during a tour, how many hours they played and how many kills they made... but the business side is a black hole for us and always will be.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 02:21:59 PM »
I may have failed to mention.....  The 6's bases.  Might have thought that was obvious, since you already mentioned the lie about "trying to chase them"  

What does that mean exactly?  Here is the thing.... You know maps right?  How does country 1, attacking country 2 have country 3 trying to get in it?  How far away is country 3's bases?  Maybe if the 2 Einsteins on country 3 hit the other end of the map it would cause 3-4 of the 6 country 1's to go and see what was happening.  

"Chasing them all around" .......  What does this mean?  They upped from the closest base and flew 150 miles to reach the country 2 base that country 1 was at?  

Is that what you're saying?

I guess you missed the part where i said they were chasing them all around trying to fight them, this game isnt Wack-A-Mole
See Rule #4

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 02:27:01 PM »
Ever take a business class?  The 2000 person difference now, without any other data, can be approximated as equality to current market conditions.  It's lots of math, but they have formulas for this kind of thing.  Let's say 6000 people played and 900 were 2 weekers.  Now......  Let's say out of the 4000, odds are 600 would be 2 weekers. 

In any case, the percentage of "names" that are 2 weekers, is not even 10% of the games population.  Would you call that a safe number?  Let's say 10% even, so right now we have 450 2 weekers.  2000 - 450 = 1550 less paying customers.  How about that?

So all of those 2000 players had been paying customers?   ;)

There is no way for us to tell how many players in any given tour are 2-weekers. All just speculation, but no real data...

The only thing we can say is how many pilot ID's have been active in the MA during a tour, how many hours they played and how many kills they made... but the business side is a black hole for us and always will be.
See Rule #4

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 02:34:08 PM »
I may have failed to mention.....  The 6's bases.  Might have thought that was obvious, since you already mentioned the lie about "trying to chase them"  

What does that mean exactly?  Here is the thing.... You know maps right?  How does country 1, attacking country 2 have country 3 trying to get in it?  How far away is country 3's bases?  Maybe if the 2 Einsteins on country 3 hit the other end of the map it would cause 3-4 of the 6 country 1's to go and see what was happening.  

"Chasing them all around" .......  What does this mean?  They upped from the closest base and flew 150 miles to reach the country 2 base that country 1 was at?  

Is that what you're saying?

Chasing these dweeblings seems to be the main mantra in ALL arenas.
With as little focus to defending as it is, once you get a decent counter attack, you kill that last guy that got the vulch and when you start setting yourself up to meet some cons..**POOF** they vanish only to see some other vacant part of the map dar bar rising. Trust me..this happens ALL the time and is getting worse day by day and honestly..its pitifull.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 02:34:29 PM »
Ever take a business class?  The 2000 person difference now, without any other data, can be approximated as equality to current market conditions.  

1st, you can't say if the percentage of two weekers had been stable. Do a huge ad campaign, TV ads and so on, and you will get a lot of people trying out the game. Then you may find the retention is too small and not worth the additional advertisement costs and drop that campaign. Your player numbers will go down, but the loss in subscriptions may be negligible as the higher number just may have been bloated by those additional two-weekers.

There are many factors that could change the ratio of subscribers to 2-weekers. With no more insider knowledge and just being able to acess the AH webstats, I do not dare to make any public guess on the business sides.

In any case, the percentage of "names" that are 2 weekers, is not even 10% of the games population.  Would you call that a safe number?

I wouldn't. I wonder how you came to that 10% number?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:37:11 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2011, 02:44:02 PM »
I would say we don't have any 2 weekers nowadays because of just that.  I never see AH commercials anymore.  Do you guys get them in Europe? 

And even years ago, aside from Dogfights on History I never saw them anyplace else. 

10%.... I was trying to give the other side of this argument the benefit of the doubt.  It's probably less.

1st, you can't say if the percentage of two weekers had been stable. Do a huge ad campaign, TV ads and so on, and you will get a lot of people trying out the game. Then you may find the retention is too small and not worth the additional advertisement costs and drop that campaign. Your player numbers will go down, but the loss in subscriptions may be negligible as the higher number just may have been bloated by those additional two-weekers.

There are many factors that could change the ratio of subscribers to 2-weekers. With no more insider knowledge and just being able to acess the AH webstats, I do not dare to make any public guess on the business sides.

I wouldn't. I wonder how you came to that 10% number?

See Rule #4