Author Topic: Sick Puppies in MidWar  (Read 14823 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Sick Puppies in MidWar
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 02:50:04 PM »
I would say we don't have any 2 weekers nowadays because of just that.  I never see AH commercials anymore.  Do you guys get them in Europe? 

No, we don't. And the TV ads was just an example. With our knowledge and little amount of data we have, we simply just can't tell which factors had influenced the trial/subscriber ratio, and by how much.

10%.... I was trying to give the other side of this argument the benefit of the doubt.  It's probably less.

So it just a number out of nowhere?  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 02:55:27 PM »
So here's what I see when I venture into EW...

7 people in arena.
5-6 are SP's attacking the side with 0.
1 guy on other side either trying to start his plane, in tower reading a magazine, or on the hopper taking a dump.
I switch (if necessary) to defend flashing base from the SP's.
Engage 1 or 2.  Kill them or they kill me.
If they take the base, they move to other country to grab bases.
If I stop them from taking this base, they give up and move to other country to grab bases.
I cannot switch for another hour, won't fly across the map to find a fight, so exit the arena to do something else.

And comparing "fighter" numbers for player base is meaningless as many fly some fighter sorties and then mostly attack to save their precious fighter score/rank.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 02:56:49 PM »
You know you just made me think of something really crazy..... Maybe all 2000 of them back then were 2 weekers and now we are so low numbered because there is no advertising.   :eek:  But to have 2000 2weeker's every month?

Last year I wasted some time every tour tracking suspected 2 weekers, and times of day that were 2week dominant.  But alot of that is suspect to just how accurate the intel is.......  So out of nowhere, NOPE, not at all.  But hard evidence that would warrant scientific agreement, NOPE also.  

:salute

So it just a number out of nowhere?  :headscratch:
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 03:05:02 PM »
I may have failed to mention.....  The 6's bases.  Might have thought that was obvious, since you already mentioned the lie about "trying to chase them"  

What does that mean exactly?  Here is the thing.... You know maps right?  How does country 1, attacking country 2 have country 3 trying to get in it?  How far away is country 3's bases?  Maybe if the 2 Einsteins on country 3 hit the other end of the map it would cause 3-4 of the 6 country 1's to go and see what was happening.  

"Chasing them all around" .......  What does this mean?  They upped from the closest base and flew 150 miles to reach the country 2 base that country 1 was at?  

Is that what you're saying?

LLogan, i see the role your playing today and its amusing, let me explain " chasing them around " aka Wack-A-Mole  attackers come defenders lift, attackers leave because they don't want combat, defenders chase and give up and land, rinse and repeat

To think that players that don't want to fight in order to take the base are going to up and fight tooth and nail to defend one is ridiculous, they will just let the enemy attack while they role another base someplace else, heck they have 2 countries to pick from, one countries not even home   :rofl
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SHUKES

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 03:07:02 PM »
Nah..landgrabbing is fun and by no means does it degenerate the game what so ever :rolleyes:

The second shot was when a chesspeice Fuhrer asked if I could deack the town because he was bringing troops and when I politley told him on vox that I was there to shoot down bad guys..he went off..lol (its someone you know well too). Ya its fun..but some ppl take it to the extremes to ruin others fun
tralfaz smhhhhhhhh....you STINK....ROOK LOVER...LOLOLOLO :banana: :banana: :banana: :D :D :D

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 03:12:18 PM »
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2011, 03:15:17 PM »
if they played the game the way I do they would be getting kills.

Only if they hold all the cards and when the advantage switches ... they run like a scalded monkey ? ;)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »
But hard evidence that would warrant scientific agreement, NOPE also.  

So ... bottom line ... pure speculation on your part then.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2011, 03:23:48 PM »
I'll add all those numbers are with the speculation that the ranking system is exactly the same across that time period.  I don't recall any publicized changes but HTC doesn't tell us of every minor change.

**EDIT**

I agree it's not all speculation, the numbers are real.  We just don't know all the information to be able to definitively make an assumption.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:42:58 PM by Jayhawk »
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2011, 03:31:35 PM »
.... to an extent, yeah Brotha, you're right, I am, but you know how I am on the boards, I like fishing..........   :cheers:

I think that could go either way depending on the kind of people.  If it's a group trying to win the map, they will totally come defend.  But if it's just a farming expedition, no prob not and I agree with you.  :salute

LLogan, i see the role your playing today and its amusing, let me explain " chasing them around " aka Wack-A-Mole  attackers come defenders lift, attackers leave because they don't want combat, defenders chase and give up and land, rinse and repeat

To think that players that don't want to fight in order to take the base are going to up and fight tooth and nail to defend one is ridiculous, they will just let the enemy attack while they role another base someplace else, heck they have 2 countries to pick from, one countries not even home   :rofl

I wouldn't say pure speculation, no, not at all.  We are not speculating about the number of people who flew fighter sorties for those 2 tours.  We aren't speculating numbers have dropped considerably.  The only speculation is being done by all of us really.....  Speculating what happened to the game, speculating why SP's are farming/grabbing, maybe even speculating how to get the game back to greatness?   We all speculate about just about everything.  

So ... bottom line ... pure speculation on your part then.

Or are you asking how I got 10%?  In that case it would be an educated guess, not speculation.  
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2011, 03:35:55 PM »
Only if they hold all the cards and when the advantage switches ... they run like a scalded monkey ? ;)
hell thats fine.  but at least try to fight.  With superior alt, with superior speed, with superior numbers......put up a fight.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »
What I see in EW and MW both is a bunch of mouthy individuals that can only HO at every engagement but mostly they bail out of their planes when a fight does prevent itself. Im not naming names but you can sure find them easy enough just log in early morning when they are milking the map for reset.

BTW... official report logged for attempting to violate rule #4 and every one of you individuals should know better.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2011, 04:34:58 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:08:52 AM by Skuzzy »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline BuckP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2011, 04:37:39 PM »
I find it interesting that not one reply in this post mentioned anything at all about the possibility of a squad working on the basics, the fundamentals of actually working together as a squad.  Squad tactics, flying with a wingman, bombing certain targets, flying certain routes, squadies with certain roles upon attack, or base take over, etc.....all as a squad instead of just individuals (situational training).  And yes, I am in the Sic Pup's, and happy to be here.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
Sick Pups are great peeps and also put up some of the best fights in Midwar  :salute :salute Sick Puppies :rock
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.