Author Topic: New Terrain in the AVA--guadalcanal  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
Re: New Terrain in the AVA--guadalcanal
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »
as long as the cat has some room to get the nose down, and use some vertical, it can hold its own against a zeek a little better then most think.

that being said, i still die in em.

if you have room to get the Wildcat above 375 mph, you will outturn the zeke every time. the zeke has terrible issues with roll rate at that speed, and it creeks in a hi-G turn. the Wildcat does not have those issues, and as long as you can manuver into an advantageous position before you bleed off all your E, then you should be able to kill the zeke.
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2011, 10:48:17 PM »
if you have room to get the Wildcat above 375 mph, you will outturn the zeke every time. the zeke has terrible issues with roll rate at that speed, and it creeks in a hi-G turn. the Wildcat does not have those issues, and as long as you can manuver into an advantageous position before you bleed off all your E, then you should be able to kill the zeke.

THAT'S what i was doing wrong!!!!!

i was trying to keep the turn speed around 250-275mph    $^%$##$%$% :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2011, 11:40:05 PM »
should have been the only large caliber option available...the 37mm was supposed to be disabled in the hangar...not historically accurate for the period

The Army had both P39s and P400s at Guadalcanal in the fall of 1942.  Both armament packages are accurate.

- oldman