Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 1364 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 07:26:16 PM »
During the four years of high school for me, 3 well known people had died.. 2 of which i knew personally. and the 3rd out of the 3 was a terrible time for one of my best friends...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 07:37:39 PM »
I blame the paranoid.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »
Ive had 8 die in car/quad accidents and 1 from an overdose they don't now if it was accidental or not yet.

All of them were my friends but 1 was a really close friend...I still have his number in my phone.
It's something that's part of life but having your best friend die is hard for anyone.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »
Thanks for the support, I'm scared that this is gonna start a chain reaction like it did last year, this isn't gonna end well I know it :(
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 07:55:28 PM »
Thanks for the support, I'm scared that this is gonna start a chain reaction like it did last year, this isn't gonna end well I know it :(
Well hopefully people will be able to notice the early signs of someone thinking about hurting themselves this time around and will be able to prevent the person from doing something to themselves.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 11:00:05 PM »

That's the wrong frame of mind bro.  Think more in terms of what you can do to not let that stuff happen.  You'd be surprised how much a friendly smile or a pat on the back means to some people.  You are NOT in control of anybodies destiny and thinking you are is foolish.  Be the best you that you can be and drive on.  If tomorrow morning you can wake up, look in the mirror, and see someone you respect, you're doing okay.

Life is hard.  It's sometimes cruel, remorseless, and evil, but the alternative isn't much fun to comprehend.  But it rarely throws much more at you than you can withstand.  During our brief discussions I think you can stand a lot.  It may suck but I think you can handle it. 

If it gets to be too much you've got a lot of great guys with a ton of life experience to talk to.

:salute

Hang in there bro..
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 11:44:04 PM »
I live in a small town population about 1500 people our school has a total if 1000 kids(this is ecause we share wit a town just a few miles away). In the past year 8 kids in our grade alone have passed away two of which were my best friends. The eighth happened Lara night be cause she OD'd on some drug. My past two years of HS has been BS, is normal for highschool? Or the world is just F'ed up

No.

It is not normal.

But I am Canadian.

Your Mileage may vary.

RTR
The Damned

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 12:28:51 AM »
2 my best friends shot

Shot?  Really?  That doesn't happen unless u r in the wrong place at the wrong time or u hang with the wrong people. Both cases can be avoided except for very unlucky circumstances in the case of the former.

I pray for those parents. I hope I never know that pain.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 09:54:54 AM »
Shot?  Really?  That doesn't happen unless u r in the wrong place at the wrong time or u hang with the wrong people. Both cases can be avoided except for very unlucky circumstances in the case of the former.

They were step brothers and Seans dad, Andys step dad shot them in there sleep
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 10:46:36 AM »
No it's not normal and drug use has blown off proportions. There needs to be more strict laws, every addict of hard narcotics should be subjected to a forced rehab cold turkey on first use violation. After first conviction mandatory drug testing every 3 months and cold turkey rehab for each new violation. Pot users etc. wouldn't suffer from rehab so they should just be imprisoned for the duration in separation naturally, not to get drugs from prison population.

One year program and drug use is guaranteed to reduce to a fraction.

Drugs have destroyed our communities. A few decades back you could walk the streets without worry. You could send your kids to travel by bus. Now the buses are full of alcoholics or junkies and the streets of any major city are a drug related robbery waiting to happen.

laws are only made for law abiding people. others will never abide by the laws. this is proven constantly each and every day.

if there are kids doing drugs, it's more due to parents not getting the message across to their kids of the implications of using them.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 12:14:20 PM »

Yup. I lived in Tampa for 20 years, and 5 folks I knew well, a couple of whom were good friends, the others, just folks who were in my circle, were murdered by various means. Only one of those was an upright guy who did nothing to bring it on. Punk blew his head off as he closed his business one day. The rest all contributed largely to their end
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »

you can help to prevent that. get the word out. you've got many many tools at your disposal.

forget laws, and wanting them to make new laws. there's plenty on the books, if they were enforced.

make it known that you, and people like you will not take this kind of thing laying down. get as much information out there as you can. talk to counselors in your school..they can and probably will help you. get in touch with like minded friends, and their parents.

you can change this.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »
you can help to prevent that. get the word out. you've got many many tools at your disposal.

forget laws, and wanting them to make new laws. there's plenty on the books, if they were enforced.

make it known that you, and people like you will not take this kind of thing laying down. get as much information out there as you can. talk to counselors in your school..they can and probably will help you. get in touch with like minded friends, and their parents.

you can change this.  :aok
I school already hired two more concilers for this...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 12:36:45 PM »
I live in a small town population about 1500 people our school has a total if 1000 kids(this is ecause we share wit a town just a few miles away). In the past year 8 kids in our grade alone have passed away two of which were my best friends. The eighth happened Lara night be cause she OD'd on some drug. My past two years of HS has been BS, is normal for highschool? Or the world is just F'ed up

1)  Normal, but then again I went to LAUSD where the average class size of your average school is a third to half of your entire school.  We lost 9 kids in my senior year, 17 in my sophmore year and class.

2)  Yes, the world is, enjoy your youth and your first years of college while you still can.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 01:01:20 PM »
I just recently lost a friend. That brings the total up to 4 for NB
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."