Author Topic: UDP session switch to TCP  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Jackle1

• Zinc Member
UDP session switch to TCP
« on: February 12, 2011, 08:09:55 PM »
I know this is an old topic, but the last few posts I have read are from a few years ago. 
I get this once and a while.  It automatically logs me out of the game, added to which I can't access anything on the internet, e-mail ext.  I have to reboot my computer to get access back.  Does anybody else still have this issue, and if so what is the solution if any.  I have ready many post about ports, access via firewall and such.  I am not a technical guy, but I have given access to AH through my firewall.  Is there anything else that I should be doing, or do I have to just do the reboot :headscratch:.
Oh ya, this was never a problem until the most recent patch was introduced.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: UDP session switch to TCP
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »
When it switches it means that you are losing your connection to the game. In your case, you can't get on-line after the boot, your connection to the internet is crapping out. You have to find out why your computer loses connection to the internet.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 08:45:43 PM »
Ping plotter?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 10:41:40 PM »
Make sure you re allow the game past your firewall - you need to check this after every single patch, or you'll not be able to get ingame.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 11:59:04 PM »
I know its hard to accept but it has nothing to do with the latest update EXCEPT that with every update you have to give firewall permissions. Run the ping plotter app and see what it tells you. Get a router and set it up to allow AH the proper port ranges and set port range forwarding for both UDP and TCP. In this very forum Skuzzy has posted even more bits of information that will in all likelihood solve all your problems.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,68316.0.html
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Jackle1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 06:33:35 PM »
Okay, I have installed and am using PingPlotter.  I have been tracking for a little over 30 mins.  In that time I have had from 0% packet loss to 72.7% loss.  I am not a computer guy, so is this bad, good or indifferent?  There are lots of red bars with IP Address 63.243.186.37.   
Can this be fixed at my end?  Any suggestions.

Sorry to be so ignorant with this stuff, I've just never had this problem with AH before.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 06:36:26 PM »
It dont sound promising fella. Take a screenshot and post it on here, see if we can identify where your having problems, and tell you who to go shout at till its fixed.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Jackle1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 07:09:41 PM »
I've tried to get a screenshot but I can't get it to this post?  There is not attach link option.  How else to I do it?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »
Set up a free account on Photo Bucket.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 11:46:43 PM »
Dude, use Image Shack......    www.imageshack.us

click the upload button (might be browse) than "upload"   

Click the image, right click the image and "view" put that url in between IMG tags. 

:salute
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 11:24:05 AM »
Dude, use Image Shack......    www.imageshack.us

click the upload button (might be browse) than "upload"   

Click the image, right click the image and "view" put that url in between IMG tags. 

:salute

Isnt image shack a site that passes out malware like candy?

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 05:50:29 PM »
I like photobucket better personally

Offline Jackle1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 11:25:56 AM »
Okay, here is the pic of the Pingplott.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:28:56 AM by Jackle1 »

Offline Jackle1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 11:31:30 AM »
Okay, so I can post a pic.  How the hell do you make it bigger so you can actually read it?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »
I can see one router with packet loss.  The other telling thing is there seems to be a very high number of hops in the Ping Plot.  More than usual.

A bigger version would be helpful.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com