Author Topic: Whats wromg with this picture???  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Whats wromg with this picture???
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 10:28:07 AM »
I might add that from my experience, every time declaration coming from any player's memory (including my own) has to be taken with more than just a grain of salt, just like speed declarations. Things usually happen in much shorter time in AH than we seem to remember.
Rarely anything lasts 15 minutes in AH. A pursuit at top speed on the deck for 15 minutes would cover almost 4 sectors. Fights that appeared to have lasted 10 minutes in my memory had been just three minutes long when I checked them in the film viewer.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 02:23:34 PM »
I was just chasing a 190 for about 15 min real time on the deck. I was at times my airspeed was 400+ and I never could get closer than 2.5K.

Of course the P-51D (or the B, even) is a fast aircraft. But depending on on what model of 190 you were chasing, you very well could have chased him for quite a while without catching him.
Here's the AHWiki on the Fw-190D: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/Fw_190D-9
Here's the AHWiki on the P-51D: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/P-51D

There isn't something wrong with your computer if somebody outruns your American iron. 190D's (and Ta-152's which are indicated as 190's until you close the distance) are really fast planes that have a significant amount of WEP time. Your WEP will run out far sooner than their's. And they don't have to necessarily be going faster than you to get away. If they just barely match the speed of a chasing plane it all comes down to wearing down your patience.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 02:25:08 PM by GNucks »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 03:44:29 AM »
It's a great milk-running plane because you can get a lot of points hitting one or two towns, and the plane is so fast you can be >25K very quickly. I'm talking so fast you might be thinking you forgot to pack your bombs  :headscratch:
That's because the bomb load is just one crate of hand grenades.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 06:04:34 AM »
That's because the bomb load is just one crate of hand grenades.
I'd like to see try to throw a 220lb "hand granade".  :p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 06:17:28 AM »
I'd like to see try to throw a 220lb "hand granade".  :p

lol, let him diss the 67. If he doesn't want to land 8000-9000and greater in such a high ENY plane, let him.  :airplane:

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com