Author Topic: Why did you...  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Why did you...
« on: February 14, 2011, 09:28:40 PM »
Ok, so over the few years I've been here, I have seen several "Why" questions such as "Why did you choose your name?" or "Why do you fly this plane?"  But I don't think I have ever seen a thread about Why you joined your the squad you're in (or CO's, why did you start the squad).  So, I think I'll start.

I joined -=Most Wanted=- back sometime in early 2009.  At the time, I was ready for a change from the squad I was in (which I still love to fly with today!).  I had flown alongside many of the members of MW, as I have spent the majority of my AH career on the Rooks.  After flying with them for a few days, I made some really great friends.  PK1 and I talked it over, and he finally sent me the invite.  I said to myself, "This is the squad I want to fly with for the rest of my AH career."  And here I am today.  Since I joined I have met a few of my squaddies in person, and the friendship was made permanent.  After you meet someone like that, the friendship just isn't the same.

Now, when I find the time to fly, I fly with my MW crew!  #S# guys, and thanks for all the fun times.

So, how about you? 

#S#

Banshee7
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Why did you...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:30:07 PM »
Dunno... have never been in any  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:33:55 PM »
Dunno... have never been in any  :headscratch:

It's ok, Snailly-poo.  You're loved by too many to commit to one squad  :D
Tours 86 - 296

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:39:10 PM »
I love the Few great people, god only what's said on vent  :rofl shrimping and rambling about motorcycles, I love our squad cause there's veriaty like Americans, Englanders, French, Germans, Irish, and swedish and couple others...I chose my name cuz it's my last name duh!!  :rolleyes: and because it's my favorite pilot of all time.

Edit: to be the beat you have to fly with best. I also take joy in mocking people voices from other countries, even ours (splash)  :rofl
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:42:48 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »
Well I joined the few to become a better stick and make fun of british people :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 09:41:32 PM »
I'll reply by taking a slice out of my bio on The 47 Ronin website.
To put things into perspective, I was an avid historical wargamer (PC type) back in those
days and quite content not to fly ANY sim as I'd seen them and they left me cold.
 But...they just couldn't leave me alone...those damn flight sim fanatic friends of mine:

"Air Warrior was the only flight sim I've ever spent more than fifteen minutes    with... and it shows
in my    err... kill ratio. <G> I was recruited back in the old "DOS Air Warrior"  days by Greg
 "Sturmer"  Smith who was the original Commanding Officer of the Cactus Air Force .
Serving mainly as a gunner in those days, I refined my skills to the  point
where  I could actually get an A-26 off the ground and into the air more than half the time;
a feat I was NOT reluctant to brag about at every opportunity.  :)  "

Regards,
  Oddball

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 09:43:24 PM »
I really had to think of how I came up with this name but remembered. Although I can't remember what game it was (I'm thinking likely it was Delta Force 2) and I was just  :ahand this poor dude left and right to the point where he meant to say 'You are like a rodent, just can't get rid of you' but he had typo with the word 'Rogent' so it just kind of stuck. I guess I am more or less that way in this game too. Well, eventually when I can get back into the game. I miss everyone in there, even the guys who I don't get along with  :D
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 09:43:37 PM »
Well I joined the few to become a better stick and make fun of british people :)
:rofl can you say gold?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 09:48:19 PM »
When will you teach me how to fly the 262.  We need to get you hooked up with a guy that's really good at editing vids. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 09:53:40 PM »
When will you teach me how to fly the 262.  We need to get you hooked up with a guy that's really good at editing vids. 
What, if u can find an arena where 262 is enabled where there's no perks at costs and we can 1v1, and what's u talking about vids for?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 10:00:52 PM »
What, if u can find an arena where 262 is enabled where there's no perks at costs and we can 1v1

TA
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »
first squad i was in was the hired guns. they took me in when i was a noob, and taught be a lot. things kinda fell apart, and then rodent made room for me in the satans playmates. there's some really nice guys in that squad. they were moving towards being base takers though, and i like furballing. while this was happening, shuffler was teaching me the p-38, which until this point, i hadn't found anyone with the time to help me. he went to the point of following me through a fight, coaching me. he invited me into the 80th. in the 80th, i found a bunch of overgrown kids like myself, all of whom seem to love the p-38.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 10:02:03 PM »
Don't you two have your own tea and scones forum to chat in???   hahaha

when I joined aces I had limited choice on trainers..but as luck would have it I got Spatula...he gave me some training...invited me to tag along on a few squad nights...my first was P40E fighter sweeps (never played a flight sim before..probably helped me not knowing any better).....the boys said sweet and I became Tongs...since then real life has taken over in some places and I have inherited the Kitchen...The Kitchen will never die...we will continue to serve you up for years to come   :t :D :joystick: :airplane:

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 10:03:22 PM »
Reminder:  This is about why you joined the squad you are in.  Not about game-IDs
Tours 86 - 296

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 10:14:44 PM »
I joined the Muppets because they are's the PwnCzars of the Toon Universe and I wanted to be a PwnCzar too.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:19:56 PM by grizz441 »