Author Topic: b29 NEEDS NO PERK  (Read 6882 times)

Offline thomace

• Zinc Member
Re: b29 NEEDS NO PERK
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »
It indeed has bugs:
#1 when running on max power with wep the lead plane outruns drones.
#2 When shot by low caliber weapons either 2 things happen, the fuel tanks light up brighter than a lighter or the wing falls off. (Tested and found)
#3 (Found this one offline) When at a high alt running for a long period of time on WEP the motors heat up and either 3 things happen, and they are as follows: The motors heat up and light on fire (historically correct and I think it is kinda cool) B. Motors get to hot and shut down (Also historically correct I think) C. This really made me upset, Motors got hot up at 30k and suddenly my plane explodes.(bye 150 perkies)

good QA...also looks like a good reason to follow the suggestions HTC put in the notes about learning this bird...offline...overheating on WEP should be no surprise as the fighters do this as well...

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
  good QA...also looks like a good reason to follow the suggestions HTC put in the notes about learning this bird...offline...overheating on WEP should be no surprise as the fighters do this as well...

To my knowledge no other aircraft suffers engine failure or fires if the WEP is left running until it maxes out, so I doubt this is modeled on the B29. When the WEP maxes out it just simply cuts off and begins to recharge. I burned my WEP out twice in one flight while climbing in the B29 and my engines never burst into flames.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:35:02 PM by Beefcake »
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2011, 03:33:34 PM »
To my knowledge no other aircraft suffers engine failure or fires if the WEP is left running until it maxes out, so I doubt this is modeled on the B29. When the WEP maxes out it just simply cuts off and beings to recharge. I burned my WEP out twice in one flight while climbing in the B29 and my engines never burst into flames.
Same here, I haven't suffered engine problems from WEP.

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2011, 03:45:48 PM »
Logged in, checked my bomber perks, saw I had 13, had a good laugh then upped the fatty  :D

I guess the 4engine JUG is just out of my league   :rofl :rofl

JUGgler

How did you earn 13 bomber perks?   :confused:
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2011, 05:04:47 PM »
How did you earn 13 bomber perks?   :confused:

WOW! I really have no friggin idea, maybe one of my many silly air to air adventures in the JU88-O-DOOM   :banana:

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2011, 05:15:06 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,304282.0/topicseen.html

Scroll halfway down the bar until you come across the white combat report.