Author Topic: DYING DYING Dying in the MA  (Read 2266 times)

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
DYING DYING Dying in the MA
« on: February 23, 2011, 04:23:46 PM »
This is A post on "defensive-mechanisms" used in the MA by people who wonder why they suck. label all of the defense mechanisms you see on a daily basis that cause these people to put them selves in a  bad situation. against the vets.

one I use all to often is flying on my opponents terms. ie lacking to force into my planes advantage points.
others maybe "extending" in a 1V1
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: DYING DYING Dying in the MA
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 04:26:30 PM »
Ill drop flaps and start to turn in a pony, just to watch the other plane extend out and fly away, the pony lacking the acceleration to catch him.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 04:31:43 PM »
Pulling too many Gs when they come down to pick me.
Strokes

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 04:37:35 PM »
Wondering why everyone HOs me.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »
This game takes no skill, it only needs no life so you have time to climb higher than the other guy before diving on them.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 04:48:39 PM »
Wondering why everyone HOs me.
to put this in correct category:  what are you doing to set your self up to be HO'd??

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 04:49:09 PM »
Head on and an even bigger one  throttle control ( this isn't early days GT).....also plane choice...not so much what you use...more the amount of time you use it. chopping and changing planes doesn't help you out much when you start.....
I spose not "defensive-mechanisms" as such but these are things I have learn't and am noticing when coming up against some of the newer faces (names)  in game

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 04:49:47 PM »
This game takes no skill, it only needs no life so you have time to climb higher than the other guy before diving on them.

can U elaborate? I know what you mean but I don't know what you ment   :headscratch:

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 04:51:40 PM »
Head on and an even bigger one  throttle control ( this isn't early days GT).....also plane choice...not so much what you use...more the amount of time you use it. chopping and changing planes doesn't help you out much when you start.....
I spose not "defensive-mechanisms" as such but these are things I have learn't and am noticing when coming up against some of the newer faces (names)  in game

I gather from this: STICK WITH A PLANE AND LEARN FROM IT, changing planes will NOT make you better

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 04:56:17 PM »
Not slowing down.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »
I gather from this: STICK WITH A PLANE AND LEARN FROM IT, changing planes will NOT make you better

I suggest this, build a great big foundation of knowledge and then apply the pertinent stuff the the crate you are in.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »
Not slowing down.

:aok   In the pony either be a "dead shot" at 800+ or  SLOW DOWN  ;)

Great point from the killer solar10

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
STICKY THIS THREAD
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 05:06:30 PM »
I suggest this, build a great big foundation of knowledge and then apply the pertinent stuff the the crate you are in.

I see to many pilots reverting to a different plane during frustrations, which stops the learning process, and may even be set you back a little.  :airplane:
 to be good you will die and learn from it, build on it.

this is in important thread it should be stickied so it's seen for new comers.  :rock
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 05:09:39 PM by VAMPIRE 2? »

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 05:32:37 PM »

:aok   In the pony either be a "dead shot" at 800+ or  SLOW DOWN  ;)

Great point from the dead solar10

JUGgler

Fixed it   :salute
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 05:45:59 PM »
I suck because I choose to!

OK better define what it means to 'suck' in the MA better

If sucking means dying often in the MA, then I am king of suckage.

How do I do this so well?  I more often then not am below the bad guys.  I more often then not, fly into a large crowd of red.  I can generally be found in the P38G below and flying into the large crowd of red.  I do it well because that's how I choose to play.

I did a little experiment not too long ago.  I put myself in 51B, 51D and Spit VIII.  I flew them and fought only with the advantage.  I got bored fairly fast.  But my K/D was 9.  My K/D in the 38G was under 1.  

What did I learn?  I learned that I have a short attention span.  I learned that if I only flew with the advantage, I too can look like I know what I'm doing.  I learned that I have more fun wading into a fight regardless and that I die often in those circumstances.

If your goal is to not 'die' in your cartoon plane, it's really fairly simple.  
-Don't engage without an advantage.
-Alt is life
-Stay fast
-Only use your planes strengths, don't play into the other guys plane strengths
-Fly a cartoon plane that has more advantages then disadvantages
-When in doubt, run

If your goal is to have fun in AH
-Don't worry about dying.  You'll learn a lot more about the performance of your particular plane that way by fighting it regardless of advantage or disadvantage
-Fly however you enjoy the game the most and quit worrying about what the other guy thinks.
-Remember no one is really dying
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters