Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 03:20:28 PM »
80hp my butt, try this on for size: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2JkMCzjTVE

-Penguin

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 03:21:24 PM »
Can you find the problem?

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 03:29:15 PM »
Just got off the phone from ordering some fuel oil.

$3.54 a gallon. Cash price.

I sell wood and pellet stoves for a living.

I should probably stock up.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 03:31:05 PM »
80hp my butt, try this on for size: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2JkMCzjTVE

-Penguin
  :rofl  ok ok look it will do like 2 passes then die. and find me a production model :D
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 03:35:58 PM »
  :rofl  ok ok look it will do like 2 passes then die. and find me a production model :D

There was a pretty darn cool looking coupe from Silicon Valley, but I can't remember the name.

-Penguin

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 03:36:14 PM »
How about not even using a gasoline powered car?  Electricity is incredibly cheap, and you can recharge in the comfort of your own home with nothing but an electrical outlet.  If travelling longer distances, consider a hybrid with plug-in capabilities, the gasoline motor can recharge the batteries en-route.  Electricity is the way of the future, stop living in the (now rather expensive) past.

-Penguin

read up on electric cars, then get back to us.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 03:37:34 PM »
If everyone drove an eletric car, our eletric bills would be increasing at a very rapid rate, instead of gas prices.  Moving the problem from one location to another has never solved a problem.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 03:40:36 PM »
If everyone drove an eletric car, our eletric bills would be increasing at a very rapid rate, instead of gas prices.  Moving the problem from one location to another really does not solve the problem.

I think they call that "supply and demand". not to mention the millions of products sold all over the world that are petrolium based...or use it in the manufacturing process. Enviromentalist types tend to leave that out.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »
If everyone drove an eletric car, our eletric bills would be increasing at a very rapid rate, instead of gas prices.  Moving the problem from one location to another has never solved a problem.

I'm advising that the guy complaining about his gas prices switch, not everyone!  :lol  Of course it doesn't work then!

-Penguin

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 06:01:41 PM »
Cheapest places hit $3.55 today.  Was about 10-cents cheaper last weekend.  Since the Egypt crisis the oil market is going ape s!@# and I'm on the side of disolvign the oil market since it's BS to see the price departing from the nice steady $3.00 it's been at for a while.  Libya produces, at best and on a good day, less than 2% of the global demand for oil.  Less than 2%.  (300 x 0.2) + 300 =/= 350+! The oil companies are starting to spout out more bull too.  A few weeks ago at the start of the Egypt thing, "experts" were saying to the media "don't forget to take into account new gas taxes".  What a load of crock!  What new gas taxes hit into effect in the middle of february across the nation!?  Dirty weasely oportune price gougers.  They'd charge your grandma an extra 10-cents if they knew she had it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 06:04:26 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 06:31:40 PM »
I've watched our towns Fuel prices rise by 53 cents in the last two weeks, which in turn drives the prices of everything that relies on transportation of there products, produce has really risen to outrageous levels, man i wish our wages would  :old:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 07:07:36 PM »
I'm sure Ford Motor Co and GM likes the current and future trend of gas prices so they can push more new C and B segment cars. 

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 07:11:16 PM »
Here in NZ  we are at $2.02 per liter....

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 07:15:07 PM »

Sure it has.  In this example, its a lot more efficient to make electricity at a huge power station, utilizing economies of scale, than it is to utilize millions of very small and inefficient gasoline and diesel engines.  It matters not if the power station is using coal, natural gas, some other oil derived fuel, nuclear, solar, hydroelectric, wind, or what have you, it still holds.  The increase in cost of electricity, if it happens at all, would be negligible compared to the savings from not buying gasoline.  The inherent advantages electricity has in production and distribution guarantee that.

Another factor is that many of our political rivals or straight up enemies are funded by our oil habit, and finding ways to reduce their leverage on us is a good idea.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 07:16:39 PM »
Here in NZ  we are at $2.02 per liter....
I thought we had it rough at $1.35
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.