Author Topic: The Historical Arena and HOs, Picking, Ganging, and all that Jazz  (Read 4095 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: The Historical Arena and HOs, Picking, Ganging, and all that Jazz
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 07:12:31 PM »
dhyran! 20th FG Loco Busters vs Loose Deuce in the AvA sometime this upcoming week! ITS ON!!!!! :t
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 08:30:40 PM »
Hello all when Fighter Ace ended and Allot of my squad came to AH I was really interested in the AvA room, due to my squad flying mostly in the Historical room in FA and the MA's being like FA's Territorial conquest room. Cheese can attest to that seeing hes and old squaddie. Our squad has a no fight rule against flying against other team mates so good bad or otherwise we will always fly as a squad, if the squad wants to fly GE I will usually not fly because i suck in GE planes so I will go to the Blue room and fly till there done.

The first couple of times in the AvA room flying by myself I had a person tell me that to never ever BnZ him that it was not allowed in the room well me being in a P40 and him in a 109 I will not try and turn fight so I just left. Uneven sides happen and always will if I see that the allies are up in pilots I wont pile on but if its starts out with few or even and the axis side loses players I will not change to their side.

I had another pilot kind of tell me how the "old" AvA pilots flew, dive for the ground and get in a turn fight like dueling with pistols at ten paces, our squad flys with honor but if your going to be a historical room be one if your going to be a dueling room say so, our squad was really thinking about making AvA a high fly room but after reading another post were not sure.

Flame on people I have my asbestos undies on but will happily discuss anything with anybody Salute

AWWWWW CRAP YOU SHOT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the desert somewhere west of Kuwait 1991.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 08:45:21 PM »
Hello all when Fighter Ace ended and Allot of my squad came to AH I was really interested in the AvA room, due to my squad flying mostly in the Historical room in FA and the MA's being like FA's Territorial conquest room. Cheese can attest to that seeing hes and old squaddie. Our squad has a no fight rule against flying against other team mates so good bad or otherwise we will always fly as a squad, if the squad wants to fly GE I will usually not fly because i suck in GE planes so I will go to the Blue room and fly till there done.

The first couple of times in the AvA room flying by myself I had a person tell me that to never ever BnZ him that it was not allowed in the room well me being in a P40 and him in a 109 I will not try and turn fight so I just left. Uneven sides happen and always will if I see that the allies are up in pilots I wont pile on but if its starts out with few or even and the axis side loses players I will not change to their side.

I had another pilot kind of tell me how the "old" AvA pilots flew, dive for the ground and get in a turn fight like dueling with pistols at ten paces, our squad flys with honor but if your going to be a historical room be one if your going to be a dueling room say so, our squad was really thinking about making AvA a high fly room but after reading another post were not sure.

Flame on people I have my asbestos undies on but will happily discuss anything with anybody Salute

Bring your squad fly and fight as you wish. BnZ, turn and burn, fight as a lone wolf or fight as a team. If the guy you killed whines. Tell him to shut up and play dead. No matter what you do or how you fly somebody is going to find something to complain about. Ignore them and enjoy the sim and the arena.

<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 08:52:40 PM »
Bring your squad fly and fight as you wish. BnZ, turn and burn, fight as a lone wolf or fight as a team. If the guy you killed whines. Tell him to shut up and play dead. No matter what you do or how you fly somebody is going to find something to complain about. Ignore them and enjoy the sim and the arena.

<S>
exactly
Kommando Nowotny
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 08:55:35 PM »
don't listen to the idiots tbolt...and never ever get into a dogfight and fight the way your opponent wants you to...some people just can't handle getting beat unless it's their idea of "fair fight"...

uh...what are GE planes? general electric?

no offense but why that rule? it's a bit strange...some of the best people to fight and learn from is squad mates
Our squad has a no fight rule against flying against other team mates so good bad or otherwise we will always fly as a squad

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 09:56:54 PM »

:aok  x101,000
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 10:12:41 PM »
Thanks guys my last post wasn't meant as a flame against anyone many just that sometimes you up against a wall and at times I have flown from a caped base because it was the only base left, been shot at by people that outnumbered me by 5 or 6 to 1 it happens and after all it is a game we enjoy flying.

Our rule about not flying against each outer only applies when were in out colors, in FA you could have hider nicks you used if the sides were too uneven. and Cheese was our training officer so we did fly against each other just in a training session.

I only get to fly on the weekends because my daughter has my computer, so hopefully ill see y'all next weekend.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:18:21 PM by AHTbolt »
AWWWWW CRAP YOU SHOT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the desert somewhere west of Kuwait 1991.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 12:12:10 AM »
Chilli,
I don't know what the fuss is all about....
dhyran the LD and myself are just fine , I explained to him a particular event I had ran into and he explained to me his thoughts and we left it at that with no harsh words or name calling or anything.....

yes sir we I think we both ( LD and myself ) adjust when in the arena to fit our needs........ there is no problems or quarrels here

just saying  :salute

TC

100% agreed!

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 12:38:14 AM »
The first couple of times in the AvA room flying by myself I had a person tell me that to never ever BnZ him that it was not allowed in the room

Bogus, no one should have told you that.

There are some behaviors that will make you less friends than others that is all, and BnZ shouldn't be one of them.

I think we are all sometimes guilty of things that others object to.

The other night I was following a bandit and at some point I thought he turned back to engage me and in the melee I found myself with a damaged plane right over their base. I ended up getting killed but heard in a roundabout way that folks were annoyed I was attacking folks who were trying to land.

I was kind of shocked. I sure didn't think I shot at anyone who was landing. I don't know, I guess I was just totally oblivious and not even paying attention to what I was doing.

I trust they will forgive me, for I was being more of an idiot than a bad sportsman.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 02:44:37 AM »
Sorry if my long winded prior response was mis interpreted.  Short version, is small arena, larger numbers, more complaints, more tolerance.  I mentioned TC and LD, as examples of those who have adjusted. 

:salute

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 02:57:30 AM »
AHBolt,

Like Shifty says, bring your squad.

Depending on what time that you play on the weekend, if your squad doesn't split....... well, you are welcome to the scenery, anyway  :D 

I know of another squad, that limits their squad missions to a couple of missions on their squad night.  If the numbers are too much in their favor they target stationary ground targets, until the numbers even out.   They seems to even out fairly quickly usually. 

Anyhow fly as you like, but be aware that the horde and land grab tactics in the MA will do more than raise eyebrows in this arena.   Hovering over an enemy base at high altitude to pick off guys just taking off, will do more than raise a few eyebrows.  I don't think that I need to say anymore.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 03:02:42 AM »

There are some behaviors that will make you less friends than others that is all, and BnZ shouldn't be one of them.

well, just for the record how far some of the track in the AvA. Last week i was asked on priv ch that i should not use the Can against p40, becuase those were a bit unfair  :rolleyes:
One of the biggest problem, maybe the only one is the strong culture of whining! I got no idea what to do about it, for me personal a whine is just bad sportsmanship. Those permanent whines drags down the fun for me. And i log on to have fun. I would like to have killmessages off, this can avoid those fingerpointing issues

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 03:13:12 AM »
dhyran! 20th FG Loco Busters vs Loose Deuce in the AvA sometime this upcoming week! ITS ON!!!!! :t

why not, but why there is an evil smile?

lets do it more precise, Saturday 5:00pm EST, we will enter the AvA with some good numbers, hope its fine for you

cheers
dhyran

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 07:51:05 AM »

I think we are all sometimes guilty of things that others object to.

The other night I was following a bandit and at some point I thought he turned back to engage me and in the melee I found myself with a damaged plane right over their base. I ended up getting killed but heard in a roundabout way that folks were annoyed I was attacking folks who were trying to land.

I was kind of shocked. I sure didn't think I shot at anyone who was landing. I don't know, I guess I was just totally oblivious and not even paying attention to what I was doing.

I trust they will forgive me, for I was being more of an idiot than a bad sportsman.

no one die. it's just another person trying to make us look bad.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 08:12:59 AM »
This past weekend was I tried the AvA arena and really enjoyed it.   Years ago, I used to be a regular back in the old Combat Theater? (or whatever it was called) with historical matchups and short range icons.  But no icons is even better!   I love the close-in fights where you can actually ID the skin of the plane you are fighting, and you have time to really engage and try some ACM without worrying about some Spit or Tempest barrelling into the fight and picking you off.

I have found pilots on both sides to be fair and friendly so far, and plan on spending more time in this arena in the future.

<S>