Author Topic: Hanna at Scarpantos: Ready for Prime-time  (Read 579 times)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Hanna at Scarpantos: Ready for Prime-time
« on: February 24, 2011, 07:56:12 PM »
Gentlemen, strap on your flak jackets and load up your ordnance...  it's SHOW TIME!

Many of you have seen the "preview". It's now working splendidly on my machine. Please let me know how it performs on yours. It's now the last link on this page:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Ah2OfflineMissionsFullPage.htm
 :salute
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:58:33 PM by bbosen »

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Re: Hanna at Scarpantos: Ready for Prime-time
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 07:39:05 AM »
One detail I forgot to mention: The Stuka divebombers play an important part in this mission as they try to destroy the British naval task force. This is a difficult task to design into an Aces High offline mission, because there is no logic in the Mission Editor to support bombing a moving target, but the task force is moving. My solution: the divebombers always try to bomb the EXACT SAME spot in the ocean, where I have found the task force to be located when they arrive. However, this works ONLY if you start the mission IMMEDIATELY upon entry into the ndisles terrain. Don't linger in the tower or take too much time selecting and starting the mission, or the task force will proceed beyond the appropriate location and the divebombers will bomb an empty sea! If you get this right and if the divebombers are not forcefully opposed, they will generally damage the carrier.
 :salute