Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 16539 times)

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 02:23:33 AM »
Lol... HE WILL SINK THE CV!
...By cheating.
BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER!
Because denying DMGOD a CV makes him sad.

If you didn't kill the CV when you take the port it's your own damn fault.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 02:35:24 AM »

I love sweeping (and mostly wrong) generalizations.  :rolleyes:
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 02:40:54 AM »
We all play by the same rules but this is a dumb exploit. Obviously it is not in the nature of the game to switch teams but still fight for your old one. I'm not one who complains every time someone switches countries, but this is the kind of crap guys are talking about when they have a problem with it.

People moan and groan about HO'ing, ack-hugging, running, and hording, but this is the epitome of lame.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 02:51:09 AM »

Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Online oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 03:27:40 AM »
We all play by the same rules but this is a dumb exploit. Obviously it is not in the nature of the game to switch teams but still fight for your old one. I'm not one who complains every time someone switches countries, but this is the kind of crap guys are talking about when they have a problem with it.

People moan and groan about HO'ing, ack-hugging, running, and hording, but this is the epitome of lame.
(Image removed from quote.)
-Stealing a CV and hiding it 20 sectors away is just downright LAME!!!.

-It's NOT yours to own, its for freind and foe to utilize. No matter how hard you milkrunned that port to get it that far off the map.

-Your "dumb" exploit in the game is no exploit. He/they played within the parameters of the game. Its just you dont like it but deal with it. Its much more sporting to go through the effort of relaying cords of hidden CVs, up bombers for hours to the end of the map to sink them without getting intercepted...or miss from turning it. Much more sporting than you superduper NOE horde missions. Our epitome of lame.

-Twas me the other day in LWOH that switched to relay CV cordinates. I'll do it again, and agian and agian. Has nothing to do with chesspiece loyalty. In the future, Ill give you the info on 200 where any CV is hidden, just ask  :aok
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Online oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 03:47:50 AM »

If you didnt up to intercept the CV killers (which most times you have all the time in the world too). It's YOUR own damn fault
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 04:19:59 AM »
-Stealing a CV and hiding it 20 sectors away is just downright LAME!!!.

-It's NOT yours to own, its for freind and foe to utilize. No matter how hard you milkrunned that port to get it that far off the map.

-Your "dumb" exploit in the game is no exploit. He/they played within the parameters of the game. Its just you dont like it but deal with it. Its much more sporting to go through the effort of relaying cords of hidden CVs, up bombers for hours to the end of the map to sink them without getting intercepted...or miss from turning it. Much more sporting than you superduper NOE horde missions. Our epitome of lame.

-Twas me the other day in LWOH that switched to relay CV cordinates. I'll do it again, and agian and agian. Has nothing to do with chesspiece loyalty. In the future, Ill give you the info on 200 where any CV is hidden, just ask  :aok

-I agree, but protecting the CV is a viable tactic until you can take the port. I would rather it be kept near rearward bases. However, the island maps are designed to be able to drive the CV virtually anywhere you want to. It is neither a cheat nor an exploit to move it out to open waters, it fits perfectly within the design of the game and the map.

-I fail to see a valid point. I hardly control CV's aside from doing maybe a turn or two to dodge bombers or shore guns. But anyway, don't try to pretend to be some honorable enforcer who's concerned about everybody's enjoyment in the game by putting a CV back in play. Again, removing a CV from the fight that will be turned over the the enemy if lost is a legitimate tactic.

-It is an exploit because it is a loophole that HTC has already tried to remedy. The whole "You can't switch countries again for another 59 minutes" thing was designed to thwart hopping back and forth between countries. The game was not designed to allow you to be able to view the enemy's maps but it is flawed. A real sporting effort would be to go out and find the ship the old fashioned way and sink it.

Aaaand here we go with the whole "Hurr durr vtards NOE horde all over undefended bases durp" crap again.
1. I don't like NOE. Nobody in the Brigade likes NOE. Just because you see a Devil in an NOE mission doesn't mean the Brigade planned or ran it. I can only remember one instance this ToD where we hid under the dar, and that was for half a sector. We still popped in time to climb (in ENABLED Radar) to at least 7-8K before we reached target. (I think we were using Dora's, 1A's, and Pony Bravo's because of ENY)
2. The most guys I can remember being on channel at any given time is about 12 (avg is 6-8). That is not a horde. We do find a lot of people that tag along if we're rolling bases and a horde develops, but what are we supposed to do? Tell them to "Go away! This is a V mission!"? I don't like hordes and I don't think they're fun to be a part of, but I'm not going to tell fellow Bish to bug off because the Nits and the Rookies cry if there's more than 20 Bish in a given sector.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 05:37:48 AM »
IMO switching to find a CV just as lame and dweeby as hiding the CV?  Up a set of 234s go find it. Or better yet up a set of 29s.  Enough ord if you miss, you can go for round 2-4. 

Trust me I don't condone CV hiding.  Put the CV in play, at the same time don't switch pretending be the "Im a saint doing it for the better of Aces High" type.  If you want to do something to better Aces High, help a new guy in the TA, try to end political talk on 200, or sit down and just play the game. 
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 07:27:16 AM »
Land Grabber mentality just doesn't make sense to me these days...
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 07:28:17 AM »
Its that countries CV, let them do with it as they please.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 07:30:39 AM »
Its that countries CV, let them do with it as they please.
When you move it 12 sectors deep...kinda takes it out of play for others on that country....just sayin
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 07:38:09 AM »
Exactly Junky...pointless and dull. 
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 07:49:49 AM »
There is a point. The point is to protect the CV until you own the port. Once you own the port it's insurance if the CV gets destroyed. I'd rather see the CV be used (but more carefully), but it's not that hard to comprehend the logic behind keeping your cards close to your chest until you have the high ground.

Rebel - Inactive
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline tassos

• Nickel Member
      • Free Warbids Arena
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 07:55:03 AM »
They Pay the Price
His Squadmade DMbulit lost 3 B29s bongboy shot 2 down in YakU folowed him till deep Rookland in 28k
I HO b29s in A8 and could catch them
Living Aces High from Sep 1999 as ATZE,MrROX,and from Feb 2000 as tassos
Quit: OPEN /Google:48°58'22.40"N 10°8'15.30"E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69CquvLHgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMCq22Vpa18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsVxFycRZo
Aces High be a part...

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 08:01:01 AM »
I agree taking a CV out of play is Lame....But cheating is cheating and there should be consequences
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM