Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17069 times)

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 09:02:13 AM »
Outbreak, shush, coming in here with common sense, what you thinking of man?????

Right, thats settled, back to your argument gentlemen!!

Wurzel (popcorn ready, soft drink supplied, comfy chair ....and GO!!)

oohh good Idea a chance to actually use 1 of them 8 bags of pop corn sitting in the cabinet  :x

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2011, 09:08:37 AM »
The simple and elegant solution would be to make every port uncapturable, thus making the CV uncapturable.  As it is now, every country starts a map with the same number of ports and CV groups; let them keep 'em and maybe they'd be used as intended - to help capture/defend other bases.

True Dot, but that would change the dynamic of having CV be captureable, and may not change folks hiding them. I don't think the problem is that they can be captured, because no seems to be complaining about that, just that they're being hidden.

But I'm just a spectator in this argument because I couldn't care less about CVs or Spies.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2011, 09:08:54 AM »
I give this thread a perfect 10  :aok

Hide CV's spies find them then defend them against covert missions. Jolly exciting what   :x:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:16:10 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2011, 09:11:24 AM »
Agreed Vinkman, but I'm of the opinion that the CV groups get hidden because the armchair admirals are afraid they'll get captured - thus hurting their effort to "win teh warzez".  If they can't be captured, there's no risk in having them sunk other than the time it would take to sail back to the front lines.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2011, 09:12:14 AM »
lol like I said U guys hide cv's and take them out of play I PROMISE YOu ILL SINK THEM. CV's are for everybodys enjoyment.

I am rarely on the same page as DMGod, but way to go Sir!   :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2011, 09:15:09 AM »
Spy's were a real world Asset, OMG he switched sides, Spied and found the cv and had them sunk, Get over it this is just a game =]. I think HiTech needs a Tantrum forum for all of those who cant seem to keep it to them self's when something they don't like happens so I dont check the bbs only to find 20 new posts about this person did that or that person did this.

YOU choose to pay the $15 a month as much as the other guy, You know the consequences of playing this game should it be spying or ho'in It happens and oh yea did i mention the biggest shocker of all!

ITS A GAME.

(Image removed from quote.)

Spies were shot on sight in WWII. There's nothing you can do to stop spying in AH.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2011, 09:16:34 AM »
Same here Way.  I applaud DMG for what he did and wish others would too.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2011, 09:21:47 AM »
Agreed Vinkman, but I'm of the opinion that the CV groups get hidden because the armchair admirals are afraid they'll get captured - thus hurting their effort to "win teh warzez".  If they can't be captured, there's no risk in having them sunk other than the time it would take to sail back to the front lines.

I agree that's probably why most do it, but it might be a case of throwing out the baby with the bath water. I was trying to fix the 'hiding' side effect, without affecting anything else.

I think it's odd that someone can hide it, without having to stay on it and sacrifice their time. I think this was done so folks could steer the CV but take off and fly from it. The side effect is that you don't have to waste your time to sail it across the map.

So would you 'hiders' do it if you had to stay on it the whole time to keep it hidden?

Who is John Galt?

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2011, 09:23:30 AM »
Seems like pretty lame behavior on both sides.  Both perspectives are just gaming the game.

meh

Who really cares?   :rolleyes:

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2011, 09:31:47 AM »
lol like I said U guys hide cv's and take them out of play I PROMISE YOu ILL SINK THEM. CV's are for everybodys enjoyment.

If you switched sides just to announced a CV's position, you should be .reported (taking away chat privs for a week) and shunned by the community.

It is really is a low life thing to do.

If a country wishes to hide a CV, it's their choice.

HiTech

Offline Harp00n

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2011, 09:33:53 AM »

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »
I agree that's probably why most do it, but it might be a case of throwing out the baby with the bath water. I was trying to fix the 'hiding' side effect, without affecting anything else.

I think it's odd that someone can hide it, without having to stay on it and sacrifice their time. I think this was done so folks could steer the CV but take off and fly from it. The side effect is that you don't have to waste your time to sail it across the map.

So would you 'hiders' do it if you had to stay on it the whole time to keep it hidden?

I stand corrected. Hiding it is not a side effect, it's strategy.

:salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2011, 09:46:29 AM »
like the two knit CV's in LWO there were at least 15 sectors from any unfriendly bases, totally out of game play even for us knits to use,who ever put them there to "hide" them was an idiot , the quickest way to bring them back into play would of been to destroy them, but there probally still sailing around cape horn as i speak
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »

I love sweeping (and mostly wrong) generalizations.  :rolleyes:

How is this generalized OR wrong?  Based on the OP, he switched sides to kill 2 of the CV's that they were hiding to keep them from respawning at the port that was taken.  This is a common tactic.  "Fine, they can have the port, but they sure as hell won't get a CV from it!"  There is a reason people are yelling "KILL THE CV!!!" right after you take a port.

Particularly if this happened to the Bish last night in Orange; we were getting absolutely smashed on, removing enemy CV's from the picture could do nothing but relieve some of the pressure on our bases (there was red EVERYWHERE!!! :uhoh).

If you are speaking in the sense that they might have been hiding them just to hide them, then I might agree with you.  But that was not my impression or the direction I was posting in at the time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:29:01 AM by SectorNine50 »
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2011, 09:51:42 AM »
If you switched sides just to announced a CV's position, you should be .reported (taking away chat privs for a week) and shunned by the community.

It is really is a low life thing to do.

If a country wishes to hide a CV, it's their choice.

HiTech

Well, teh big dog has spoken!

As for teh vTards being notorious at NOE Hordes, sheit, they're chump change, when it comes to that, and prolly we'ren't around back in the day when teh HORDE was ROOK, and the kings of NOE were the FB's, with Dredd usualy (but not always) being the ringleader, <<THOSE were the REAL NOE HORDES!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:00:42 AM by RobMo68 »
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner